Six Strikeforce fighters, including Alistair Overeem, pass "Heavy Artillery" drug tests

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Six Strikeforce fighters, including Alistair Overeem, pass "Heavy Artillery" drug tests
sclasclemski
5/21/10 5:44:16PM
Link

Six fighters from this past Saturday's "Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery" event have tested negative for performance-enhancers and drugs of abuse in the organization's independent testing.

Strikeforce spokesperson Mike Afromowitz confirmed the news today with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Included on the list of clean fighters is Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, who faced accusations of performance-enhancer use leading up his headlining fight with challenger Brett Rogers. Overeem won the bout in dominating fashion with a first-round TKO.
george112
5/21/10 5:49:45PM
I can only imagine the huge ass smirk on Alistairs face
jae_1833
5/21/10 6:05:43PM
I'd imagine it looks something like this:
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pookie
5/21/10 8:52:13PM
or maybe something like

Shamans say that if the Ubereem smiles before summer hits, the seasons crops will be fruitful and plenty.
tallica62
5/21/10 11:01:05PM
"independent test" ... of course, cuz their organization would fall apart and lose all respect if their big names failed... whatever... i dont care if you use the enhancers or not...more often then not, the better fighter will win... technique all the way... throw allistar in the ufc heavyweight then well see
crazedfan
5/22/10 3:31:06AM
Or, actually, it was an independent test conducted by Strikeforce because there was only going to be random testing by the state commission... get your facts straight before you start mouthing off.
Wolfgang666
5/22/10 3:12:31PM
These were urine tests right?

Yo I passed one at work on 24 hours notice once after smoking like a chimney for weeks before hand. Olympic blood tests or bust.
sclasclemski
5/22/10 3:32:25PM

Posted by Wolfgang666

These were urine tests right?

Yo I past one at work on 24 hours notice once after smoking like a chimney for weeks before hand. Olympic blood tests or bust.

I hoped you mean PASSED
BlueSkiesBurn
5/22/10 6:14:59PM
He also smoked like a chimney before posting that.
Wolfgang666
5/22/10 8:16:56PM
Yo incidentally I was supposed to take it the day they told be but didn't feel I had enough time so I drove right passed the clinic and past it the next day. :D
sclasclemski
5/22/10 8:50:15PM
back when I was a toker I had to take a test for a job...I knew months ahead so I quit 3 months out...just for safety....anyway...I took the test and then that night I took a bong hit with my roommate...two days later the lab called and told me the sample had been damaged and I needed to come back in to resubmit...I told them I was going out of town and wouldn't be back for three weeks...took the test and "past"
Wolfgang666
5/22/10 9:27:34PM
Strikeforce made the exact right move though having these tests done. I wonder internally how confident Strikeforce was that everyone would pass.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/22/10 11:18:25PM
I smoked the day of a test and "past." Then I found out I was allergic to weed and haven't smoked since. It's been 13 years.