Silva, Palhares, Reljic and Gouveia secure $75K UFC 84 bonuses

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Silva, Palhares, Reljic and Gouveia secure $75K UFC 84 bonuses
SmileR
5/25/08 8:12:28AM
Wanderlei Silva, Rousimar Palhares, Goran Reljic and Wilson Gouveia all secured $75,000 "fight night" bonuses stemming from Saturday's UFC 84 event, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed.

The 11-fight event took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The bonus winners were revealed in a post-fight press conference.

Silva earned the Knockout of the Night bonus, Palhares earned the Submission of the Night bonus, and Reljic and Gouveia each picked up Fight of the Night honors.

Silva rebounded from a three-fight losing streak in spectacular fashion, battering opponent Keithe Jardine with a series of blows that prompted a TKO stoppage just 36 seconds in the first round.

UFC newcomer Palhares dominated his fight with Ivan Salaverry and went to work early for the submission. He secured the rear-naked choke and transitioned into an arm-bar to force the stoppage at 2:36 of the first round.

Reljic and Gouveia split Fight of the Night honors for their televised performance. Reljic posted his eighth straight victory -- and snapped Gouveia's four-fight win streak in the UFC -- with a TKO at 3:15 of the second round.

Link
Porch28
5/25/08 8:23:36AM
All i have to say is WHAT A GREAT NIGHT OF FIGHTING WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Haha. Machida is for real. Silva is back and Palhares has some sick BJJ. I'm glad to see some very good new talent. Great show
nickcuc547
5/25/08 8:31:24AM
that silva ko was one of the most vicious i have ever seen, i feel bad for shane carwin, becuase he had a sick ko but wandy stole the show.
MMAcca
5/25/08 9:47:20AM
Sooooooo can't for tonight to watch this!!
Porch28
5/25/08 9:49:28AM
Not to mention BJ's awesome stand up. What a great boxing display he put on
Red-Dragon
5/25/08 11:38:27AM

Posted by Porch28

Agreed. BJ showed that he has awsome stand up. That to go with his awsome ground game. I can see him dominating the division like Anderson Silva has dominated the MW division.

How are Huerta or Ken Flo gonna cope with BJ now? The answer is that they aint.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/25/08 11:51:37AM
WAR WANDY!

nice to see him tool someone again.....did Jardine get his jaw broken?
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/25/08 12:12:02PM
Reljic had sick LHK's. He threw those with impunity since Gouveia clearly wanted it standing. I thought that was a pretty major upset.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/25/08 12:18:10PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by Porch28

Agreed. BJ showed that he has awsome stand up. That to go with his awsome ground game. I can see him dominating the division like Anderson Silva has dominated the MW division.

You left some fighters off that list.

Gomi, Aoki, Kawajiri,JZ, Melendez, Tyson Griffen, Gray Maynard, Diaz bros etc etc.
candynuts
5/25/08 12:19:30PM
I agree with Gouveia and Reljic getting FOTN. Great back and forth action. This whole card was great!
Aether
5/25/08 12:34:23PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by Porch28

You left some fighters off that list.

Gomi, Aoki, Kawajiri,JZ, Melendez, Tyson Griffen, Gray Maynard, Diaz bros etc etc.

Most of the people you listed are not in the same organization as him so it's pretty natural that he wouldn't have mentioned them.
Twenty20Dollars
5/25/08 1:20:36PM
Well we all kinda know now that jardine cannot contender at 205 with that weak jaw of his, getting Ko'ed by houston and wandy.

But I think Shane Carwin should have got KO of the night, his KO was brutal!
cmill21
5/25/08 1:29:59PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well we all kinda know now that jardine cannot contender at 205 with that weak jaw of his, getting Ko'ed by houston and wandy.

But I think Shane Carwin should have got KO of the night, his KO was brutal!

How do you figure he's got a weak jaw? I guess Chuck doesn't hit hard?
RMFG_187
5/25/08 4:01:09PM
i heard that Jardine only made 10 000.

is that real or bogus.
jiujitsufreak74
5/25/08 4:04:13PM

Posted by RMFG_187

i heard that Jardine only made 10 000.

is that real or bogus.

well we will find out soon, but i think it is real. Jardine only earned $14,000 against Chuck and that was with a win bonus of $7,000. he is still probably on his old contract before he started to make some waves so his salary is still quite low. i hope that this fight with Wandy doesn't discourage Dana to increase the pay of Jardine, because God knows he deserves it.
prozacnation1978
5/25/08 7:43:57PM
i think carwin should have got it, knocking someone head off watching a mouth piece fly out got to be worth something.
and fight of the night reljic got lucky, gouveia quit in the match. he haD him twice i think his arm was hurting from the kicks cause that punch was weak and he also gassed out,
jiujitsufreak74
5/25/08 8:21:40PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think carwin should have got it, knocking someone head off watching a mouth piece fly out got to be worth something.
and fight of the night reljic got lucky, gouveia quit in the match. he haD him twice i think his arm was hurting from the kicks cause that punch was weak and he also gassed out,

i disagree. the way Wandy laid the smack down on Jardine made me cringe. it was just a brutal, uncensored asswhoopin'. Wandy grabbed him by the throat and just rained down the punches. it was like watching a a guy beat his red-headed step son (sorry had to). Carwin had a great punch i will give you that, and the way the mouthpiece just flew out was brilliant...but Wandy's KO was just insane.
quezocrema0032
5/25/08 11:47:33PM
no arguments from me here ... even though yoshida would get sub of the nite almost ne ne nite but palhares had that sick arm bar .... made me most of my cash from the wagers
Greene33
5/26/08 12:00:10AM

Yoshida's side choke was awesome, but that arm bar was one of the best I've seen this year.

Great night of fights, nice submissions, nice knockouts, even the decision was pretty entertaining. That knee to tito's ribs was vicious.