Shogun vs Jones odds are....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shogun vs Jones odds are....
TS92turbo
2/22/11 6:50:42PM
I want to know what you guys think about the Shogun vs. Jones bout. Odds say Jones, but Shogun is not one to be doubted. I'm sticking with Jones on this fight though.

WAR JONES

WAR SHOGUN
scpd400
2/22/11 7:04:39PM
Jones by TKO 2nd round
TS92turbo
2/22/11 10:06:48PM

Posted by scpd400

Jones by TKO 2nd round

Exactly what I said.
tcunningham
2/23/11 12:05:43AM
ive learned not to bet against jones. im hoping shogun gets the win but i gotta go with jones
TS92turbo
2/23/11 12:30:23AM

Posted by tcunningham

ive learned not to bet against jones. im hoping shogun gets the win but i gotta go with jones

Exactly. Its gonna be a war though
postman
2/23/11 6:13:43AM
I'm sure Jones is going to hold the belt one day and it might be after this fight but a few things everyone thats posting anyway seem to be over looking. First all this TKO/KO talk when has Shogun ever been knocked out or stoped by punches???? Second Jones has only faced top postion grapplers he now finds himself fighting a guy who can fight off his back and does it well. Last Jones has some awful skinny legs his lead leg is a traget of all targets for anyone with the ablity to throw leg kicks, which Shogun has amazing leg kicks. I wouldn't be suprised if Jones won at all but it seems to me everyone has this Jones ERA locked in stone and to be honest he hasn't even fought anyone in the title class. Bader was his top competion and he was at the low end of the contender class.
Rabi
2/23/11 7:16:06AM
Jones is a beast, I can't see any one at 205 beating him including Shogun.
PABLOMAFIOSO
2/23/11 7:44:52AM
IMO Shogun is going to expose Jones for the relatively unexperienced fighter he is at this point. I agree that JJ is an incredible talent and will probably hold the belt one day but not this time around. People thought Machida was going to be around for ever as the champ and he came to the fight with a 15-0 record. The class of Rua showed when he beat him twice (yeah I said it) and took his zero.
I hope it's an all out war but I see Shogun outstriking Jones and earning the finish
Boo_Radley21
2/23/11 9:39:55AM
Jones by TKO on the ground? That's probably what I'm going with. He's not going to knock Shogun out or anything.
Hendo67
2/23/11 1:36:14PM
Heart says Shogun, mind says Jones.

Shogun via leg lock, 2nd round.
Cooler
2/23/11 3:31:05PM
Quote me if you like, but Jones is not in the same league as Shogun. Thank you oddsmakers for an early Christmas present, this is almost as good as UFC 104's odds on Shogun (without the robbery.)
Cooler
2/23/11 3:33:25PM

Posted by TS92turbo

I want to know what you guys think about the Shogun vs. Jones bout. Odds say Jones, but Shogun is not one to be doubted. I'm sticking with Jones on this fight though.

WAR JONES

WAR SHOGUN

Shogun av but picking Jones? Please take that down...
teddythetuna
2/23/11 3:55:03PM
Jones is very talented and seems to be able to strike from anywhere but Shogun is a beast. He has faced elite competition for years and defeated what seemed to be unbeatable in Machida (Twice depending who you ask). Jones has a lot going for him right now with confidence, camp, and talent but i think he might fall short with Shogun.
TS92turbo
2/23/11 5:12:22PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by TS92turbo

WAR JONES

WAR SHOGUN

Shogun (PRIDE Shogun) is my favorite fighter. I think Jones will win, but Shogun isnt going to be doubted. Its 50/50
BustedKnuckle
2/23/11 6:28:02PM
This fight is so razor close. I am going with expierience on this one. Shogun via sub late 3rd maybe even into the championship rounds.
Cooler
2/23/11 6:47:08PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Cooler

Posted by TS92turbo

WAR JONES

WAR SHOGUN

Shogun (PRIDE Shogun) is my favorite fighter. I think Jones will win, but Shogun isnt going to be doubted. Its 50/50

Shogun never changed, it was the rules you really liked, dont label the fighter with the organization, it'll be just like the PRIDE vs UFC days all over again. Shogun is just as dominant as he was in Pride, he had injuries but it comes with the territory and he's done nothing but beat the best.

My problem with you having that av is that your really dont believe in him and you never did if you associate him with the organization instead of the fact that he's a Pride and UFC champ.
TS92turbo
2/23/11 10:32:25PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Cooler

Posted by TS92turbo

WAR JONES

WAR SHOGUN

Shogun never changed, it was the rules you really liked, dont label the fighter with the organization, it'll be just like the PRIDE vs UFC days all over again. Shogun is just as dominant as he was in Pride, he had injuries but it comes with the territory and he's done nothing but beat the best.

My problem with you having that av is that your really dont believe in him and you never did if you associate him with the organization instead of the fact that he's a Pride and UFC champ.

I'll give you that one. I think he is more dominant in PRIDE than UFC. He's 29 years old. A lot younger than most fighters. If you watch PRIDE highlights and compare to UFC highlights with Shogun, Pride takes the cake. UFC has the hype of a superfight, and PRIDE has the more brutal rules. Thats not to say that if the rules were in UFC, I think a lot of fights would be different. Lesnar might have beat Mir the first time, Shogun could be Undefeated in UFC, and maybe Anderson Silva would be defeated. I like Shogun. I think he is the most exciting fighter to come out of Pride. I just think Jon Jones has more exciting fights in the UFC, and he might win this bout. He's Undefeated. 12-1 and the 1 being a DQ. I have learned not to doubt Jones. Or Shogun for that matter. If you ask me, this is going to be a better fight than GSP vs. Anderson Silva, that is, if GSP beats Jake Shields. If Jake Shields does pull off the win, he will be the most hated man in all of Sports History. But again,
npayant
2/23/11 10:50:53PM

Posted by Cooler

Quote me if you like, but Jones is not in the same league as Shogun. Thank you oddsmakers for an early Christmas present, this is almost as good as UFC 104's odds on Shogun (without the robbery.)

I highly disagree with you here. I've seen more than enough to tell me Jones definitely belongs in the same league, if not above Shogun. Yes, Jones is young...but IMO he is a freak when it comes to MMA - you don't see that often at all. I see it in guys like Silva, GSP and Aldo. I think Jones is literally one of those type of guys and I'm predicting he wins rather dominantly. I see him being on top of the division for quite awhile...just like the other 3 I mentioned.

Just my opinion though...we'll definitely see soon.
cmill21
2/25/11 4:54:21PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by Cooler

I highly disagree with you here. I've seen more than enough to tell me Jones definitely belongs in the same league, if not above Shogun. Yes, Jones is young...but IMO he is a freak when it comes to MMA - you don't see that often at all. I see it in guys like Silva, GSP and Aldo. I think Jones is literally one of those type of guys and I'm predicting he wins rather dominantly. I see him being on top of the division for quite awhile...just like the other 3 I mentioned.

We've seen this before. obviously Jones is a physical freak, but so is Shogun. It's hard know how Jones will react to this jump in competition, I mean has he faced anyone on Shogun's level? Not even close, while Shogun has fought the best and done quite well.
Jiu_Boxu
2/25/11 5:33:52PM
I see Shogun winning it in more ways, but I'd happier bet on Jones...
GabAllon
2/27/11 9:22:03AM
I think this is one of the better examples of a fight where the odds coming into fight night mean almost literally nothing. Unless we know how Shogun is doing post-surgery and post-long layoff (is his cardio up to speed? has he been able to train at 100% efficacy or something close to it? etc.) most speculation is fairly meaningless. My gut feeling is that healthy Shogun = Bones KO'd/TKO'd (I'd even see a submission victory by Shogun as more likely than any JBJ win scenario), but anything less than full health and maximum output will find Shogun's face smashed in by the (literally) painful to even watch piston of death that is JBJ's elbow.
npayant
3/20/11 12:43:47AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by npayant

Posted by Cooler

We've seen this before. obviously Jones is a physical freak, but so is Shogun. It's hard know how Jones will react to this jump in competition, I mean has he faced anyone on Shogun's level? Not even close, while Shogun has fought the best and done quite well.

I don't think Shogun has ever seen someone at Jones' level, rather.

I guess these odds should have be WAY more lopsided. What a total beat down. That was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen. Like I said, Jones is a freak, he won very dominantly and I can't think of anyone right now that will even come close to beating Jones.

Nice job Jones!