Sherdog Rankings

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sherdog Rankings
roman
11/13/07 8:48:07AM
Rankings for all weight classes. Not to shabby. Much better than the MMAWeekly's thats all I can say.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9951&my_page=2

Like always I got to express how messed up every ranking in the world is for still having Takanori Gomi as their top lightweight.
DCRage
11/13/07 9:59:21AM
Link's not working.

I don't see anything wrong with Gomi being ranked at the top until it's been more than 1 year since his last fight, then most would consider him inactive.
Darnok
11/13/07 10:29:09AM
There are a few I disagree with like Serra and Forrest.

But at least they take the time to explain the reason behind the ranking. That alone makes it worth reading.
Mayo
11/13/07 10:37:42AM
Use this link instead and then use the drop down menu next to the title of the page to see all the rankings...
link

I agree, Gomi should not be number 1. And everybody says that smoking pot should set you back, not give you an advantage in a fight, so why the hell is Nick Diaz nowhere to be found on any of the rankings?!
DCRage
11/13/07 10:39:48AM
Because not only was the fight a no contest and he got a nice layoff because of it, he also just lost a fight over the weekend that he probably should've won. Didn't help that he handed out some Stone Cold Salutes on the way out.
roman
11/13/07 11:05:11AM
Yeah he just lost due to doctor stoppage, Diaz hasn't looked that good since his layoff.

But that no contest in reality is a loss. Diaz beat him decisively and the NASC made the dumbest choice in the history of dumb choices to delcare that a no contest. But since you do consider that no contest as not counting, come Dec. 31 will you be ok with Gomi no longer being on the rankings at all because he hasn't fought in a year?
MeanGreene
11/13/07 12:05:08PM
I dont know what pot is n ur world, but in the real world u cant smoke that crap because its ILLEGAL! He got punished for breaking the law and using an illegal substance being an athlete and about to compete. NOT a dumb decision, that boy needs to grow up and realize he has it made in life right now. Not many people get to do what they love for a living.
cmill21
11/13/07 12:45:46PM
Those rankings are terrible.
buckndro
11/13/07 4:31:20PM
hmm some of those rankings are off i say but they usally are never what i think they should be least they give reason why they rank them that way.
skateongrass91
11/13/07 7:43:25PM
there rankings are a bit off at some times such as:
possibly jardine and griffin being as high as they are(but not too far off)

matt serra being number 1 welterweight(he is three at tops)

and bj penn being number 8(id like to see any of the other lightweights on the list beat him)
roman
11/13/07 7:48:40PM

Posted by MeanGreene

I dont know what pot is n ur world, but in the real world u cant smoke that crap because its ILLEGAL! He got punished for breaking the law and using an illegal substance being an athlete and about to compete. NOT a dumb decision, that boy needs to grow up and realize he has it made in life right now. Not many people get to do what they love for a living.

That's not why they over turned it. They over turned it because they said he used it to enhance his performance in the fight. So I don't know what world you are in but I have never heard of anyone smoking weed to enhance their performance.

So if they decide to make this a no contest because weed is used to enhance your performance they need to over turn every win in everyones record who was caught using steroids (a real performance enhancing drug). Oh and the last time I checked steroids were illegal as well, and roids actually makes you crazy (look at Danny Bonaduce compared to Joe Rogan).

Third he is a big boy and smoking weed is his right wheter it is illegal or not. He is not a mindless robot and he stands up for what he believes in (you know like Christ, Copernicus, Luther, Washington, Franklin). What does smoking weed and doing what you love have in common?
puppetmaster837
11/13/07 10:22:47PM
Couture should not be ranked above Nogueira. Yes what he has done lately is impressive but it doesnt compare to what Nogueira has done over his career.
fullfighting
11/13/07 10:42:36PM
I just can't take any rankings seriously that do not include Gabe Ruediger.