Serra Injured, Withdraws From UFC 79 Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Serra Injured, Withdraws From UFC 79 Card
« Previous Page
Naturaldisaster
11/23/07 1:07:15PM
well then GSP and Hughes need to fight for the number 1 contendership then
Jackelope
11/23/07 1:08:34PM
I woke up this morning, got a drink.. and was gonna sit down to read the boards and b.s. about MMA all day.

Then, I saw this news. All I can say is this.... SUCKS!

I'm gonna go play video games now
jdubs
11/23/07 1:29:38PM
bulllllshittttttttttt........... but i say make it kos vs hughes for title shot ... damnit
disorderlyvision
11/23/07 1:32:32PM

Posted by jdubs

bulllllshittttttttttt........... but i say make it kos vs hughes for title shot ... damnit

kos??? pretty sure gsp just beat him. how the hell does he get the shot?
tuvok500
11/23/07 1:35:24PM

Posted by jdubs

LOL !!!

wake-up man, Kos was beated at his own game against GSP !!

i don't see how this guy can sudendly be a best choice for a title shot than GSP !!

gabe531
11/23/07 1:58:59PM
people say gsp deserves his shot against serra but hughes never got his rematch vs gsp so imo hughes is next in line. gsp vs fitch would be sweet and people say it takes 2 fights to get back to title shot that would be number 2 for gsp. shelve serra hughes til ready and have gsp fitch in march. then mid summer they can have title shot for the winners
madmarck
11/23/07 2:01:46PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by madmarck

GSP vs Fitch is the only realy good match that can happen in the interim. B/C Hughes cant fight till his title shot.

huh? how does that work??? This would be Hughes title shot, same as BJ's title shot is now for an Interim belt Hughes could be as well

GSP will surely be training and pretty fit as it is, 5 weeks is plenty enough time imo, and he should be so confident of beating Hughes again i really think he would take it IF the ufc try and make it

COME ON DANA MAKE GSP VS HUGHES 3 HAPPEN AT UFC 79

i didnt mean for the interm title i meant in this long wake. the only good match up for GSP
warglory
11/23/07 2:13:49PM
We absolutely need an interim title match. We need to get the friggin ball rolling in this division. Hughes vs GSP!
Ordep
11/23/07 2:17:49PM
Also, another thing is that UFC 79 needs a good match to replace this... what would it be if it's not GSPv.Hughes ?

Manfred
11/23/07 2:18:54PM
Why is everyone talking about an interim title? This fight would've happened long ago but the UFC wanted to hype it by having them coach against each other.

So the majority of the delay is not Serra's fault, IMO
cmill21
11/23/07 2:32:04PM

Posted by Manfred

Why is everyone talking about an interim title? This fight would've happened long ago but the UFC wanted to hype it by having them coach against each other.

So the majority of the delay is not Serra's fault, IMO

No but with a back injury you never know how long you will be out. This means the UFC will have a lot of work to do, I wonder if they'll make a new promo(hopefully) and a new countdown lol.
vanillavick9
11/23/07 2:38:39PM
This sucks, Dana should just put Hughes back up with Serra for 81. Sure it sucks, but it's not a big deal.
Pitbull09
11/23/07 2:59:19PM
Screw this. I know he didnt do it on purpose but this is jsut a way for him to keep the title longer without fighting. First guy to fight him will kick his ass
iwannabesedated
11/23/07 3:09:41PM
Oh god Serra gets hurt and its the UFC or Dana's Fault.The reason we had to wait soo long was because their on TUF.Does it suck the fights not happening yeah it does.But to say the UFC asked for this and that stuff is complete crap.No one asks for anyone to be hurt and not able to perform.I suggest to those of you who like to hate on Dana the Fertittas and the UFC to go find another hobby to watch... like stamp collecting or something.Im sure they can fill in the "already stacked" card with another awesome fight.After bustin Dana's and the UFC balls for years hey...we finally get Silva Liddell which is a main event its self.
tuvok500
11/23/07 3:35:35PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Oh god Serra gets hurt and its the UFC or Dana's Fault.The reason we had to wait soo long was because their on TUF.Does it suck the fights not happening yeah it does.But to say the UFC asked for this and that stuff is complete crap.No one asks for anyone to be hurt and not able to perform.I suggest to those of you who like to hate on Dana the Fertittas and the UFC to go find another hobby to watch... like stamp collecting or something.Im sure they can fill in the "already stacked" card with another awesome fight.After bustin Dana's and the UFC balls for years hey...we finally get Silva Liddell which is a main event its self.

man, if you want to speak to a guy, QUOTE his post !!

otherwise, it is hard to know against who you are frustated and i don't want to read the 3 pages again !!!

cmill21
11/23/07 3:36:34PM
Rumor is Tito will now be fighting on this card. Take it for whats it's worth, but it's coming from someone with direct contact to the UFC.
hathcock32
11/23/07 4:04:30PM

Posted by cmill21

Rumor is Tito will now be fighting on this card. Take it for whats it's worth, but it's coming from someone with direct contact to the UFC.

That would be great news.....I know he wanted to take a little more time off...but if he feels he ready that would be awesome....who would he fight......Jardine??? ......I know the fight the UFC wants is Shogun vs Tito but that wouldent be till Feb or March.
cmill21
11/23/07 4:07:48PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by cmill21

That would be great news.....I know he wanted to take a little more time off...but if he feels he ready that would be awesome....who would he fight......Jardine??? ......I know the fight the UFC wants is Shogun vs Tito but that wouldent be till Feb or March.

I'll check back and see whats up.
Jackelope
11/23/07 4:33:22PM
Man, that would suck. We go from a middleweight war sure to have some vicious GnP in it to a snoozefest of a fence clinch and sprawl war if Tito steps in. Honestly, who could you have Tito fight that would make for as interesting of a matchup?

Tailgunner
11/23/07 5:25:43PM
The UFC deserves this........they make the entire MMA world wait 9 months for a title defense and then Serra gets hurt during this insane amount of time!

So basically the remaining TUF shows mean squat.....

What a joke!
Ramification
11/23/07 5:29:12PM
As a sufferer of a herniated disc myself I can tell you it is crippling. Hell he may never fight again without surgery.

But I am terribly dissappointed this fight didn't happen. Hughes wanted one last hurrah and didn't get a chance at it.

roadking95th
11/23/07 11:20:10PM
I find it amusing to read posts by GSP's fans. It's called karma baby! How many times has GSP been injured and pushed back fights? So now, GSP is going to have to wait longer for a title shot. Don't get me wrong, I want to see GSP fight ASAP too, as he is one of the most exciting.

CwB
11/24/07 6:08:12AM

Posted by Tailgunner

The UFC deserves this........they make the entire MMA world wait 9 months for a title defense and then Serra gets hurt during this insane amount of time!

So basically the remaining TUF shows mean squat.....

What a joke!

ufc might deserve this but we dont and gsp doesnt either, this is one big headache for dana and ufc...

if in some off chance serra can fight and he loses many will blame his injury for that.

they wont let hughes and gsp fight unless one of them all ready has the belt. i would bet all my money on that.

Fitch, cant take the fight. Karo, broken hand, Kos, just got destroyed by gsp, Diego, just lost to fitch and might be dropping weight anyways,

i know it sucks but i would rather have them push the fight back a month or two, maybe add it too the super bowl card that would be huge.

i was really looking forward to this fight.
this is horrible horrible news
Pages: 1 [2]