Saunders Signs with Bellator

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Saunders Signs with Bellator
FastKnockout
2/3/11 9:37:05PM
Former UFC welterweight competitor Ben Saunders has signed with Bellator Fighting Championships and will make his debut with the promotion during its upcoming fourth season.

“Ben Saunders is an exciting, powerful welterweight with explosive knockout power. Ben is dangerous and always shows up to fight. I’m excited to see his first fight under the Bellator banner on MTV2 in April.” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney in an official press release.

Saunders enters the circular cage of Bellator coming off a win in a local Florida promotion in November. Prior to that victory, however, “Killa B” had lost three of four fights in the Octagon before being released by the UFC.

LINK
emfleek
2/3/11 10:35:15PM
Here's to hoping Ben can make some waves!

Twenty20Dollars
2/3/11 11:22:48PM
He's only going to be used in their "super" fights or featured fights.
CCPRIDE99
2/3/11 11:30:45PM
he might be the guy to beat askren. if you remember looking at him on tuf he beat dan berrera and was giving tom speer a lot of trouble. he seems to be a bad matchup for wrestlers
Playground_Samurai
2/3/11 11:41:08PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

he might be the guy to beat askren. if you remember looking at him on tuf he beat dan berrera and was giving tom speer a lot of trouble. he seems to be a bad matchup for wrestlers

I have to disagree. Look to his fights with Fitch and Hallman.
machodog76
2/4/11 1:19:31AM
Bellator looks much better this year!
RearNakedJoke
2/4/11 2:19:44AM
hopefully he has a good run in bellator!
tcunningham
2/4/11 3:08:30AM
i think he'll do pretty good. hes a good quality fighter
prozacnation1978
2/4/11 12:39:47PM
Glad to see someone finally pick up saunders
He will face hornbuckle or asken
Hope he eventually fights in the welter tournament by the end of the year
marcoDGK
2/4/11 2:12:08PM
It would be nice to see how he does. I liked the fact that Huerta didn't dominate everyone there. It goes to show that Bellator is filled with tough dudes not just a bunch of amateurs.

Don't take me out of context- It was obvious before but Bellator would have been blasted by everyone if Huerta went in there and dominated everyone.
CCPRIDE99
2/4/11 10:38:55PM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by CCPRIDE99

I have to disagree. Look to his fights with Fitch and Hallman.

i havent seen those. maybe i should do research before i try to act like im smart