If Rogan left, who should replace him?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Rogan left, who should replace him?
1kaday
6/23/13 2:19:45AM
If Joe Rogan ever stopped commentating, who would you like to see replace him?
Bas Rutten is funny and has a lot of experience, and he has fought and been a champ, so knows what he's talking about. He's fought, coached, and commentated.

Frank Mir I also think is great, he has filled in in the past and did amazing. Can listen to him talk about fighting all day, and he is probably one of the smartest and most articulate fighters out there.

Frank Mir Quotes

jae_1833
6/23/13 2:42:20AM
Bad has gotten a little batty in his old age (still love him) and Frank swings from May fuel Torres' nuts too hard for me to take him seriously. I don't want Rogan to leave, I've gotten to used to him and Goldie.
airkerma
6/23/13 11:02:49AM

Posted by jae_1833

Bad has gotten a little batty in his old age (still love him) and Frank swings from May fuel Torres' nuts too hard for me to take him seriously. I don't want Rogan to leave, I've gotten to used to him and Goldie.

When I went to BWW back in the day I used to get a little wiggy if I couldn't hear Rogan and Goldie. As much as people like to bitch about them I think they blow away their football/basketball/etc counter parts.
Lungsofsteel
6/23/13 11:07:07AM
Chael Sonnen
sparky
6/23/13 12:45:28PM
Personally I'm not fond of Rogan these days. He needs to spend more time commentating whats actually happening and less time talking about what he thinks the fighter should be doing.
JoeWarren33
6/23/13 1:34:36PM
I wouldn't miss Rogan at all.

As far as someone airkerma saying Rogan and Goldberg are better then any duo in sports, your crazy! You probally just watch MMA with a stupid comment like that!!
Shawn91111
6/23/13 1:57:27PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

I wouldn't miss Rogan at all.

As far as someone airkerma saying Rogan and Goldberg are better then any duo in sports, your crazy! You probally just watch MMA with a stupid comment like that!!

And your list of better sports duo is...where?
prozacnation1978
6/23/13 2:27:49PM
Please not Jon anik

I like Stephan bonnar. Or Kenny would do.
jae_1833
6/23/13 3:30:38PM
I will Mike "The Voice" Schiavelo (spell check) his due props...if you don't get annoyed by accents and all, I enjoy him thoroughly.
Wallass
6/23/13 4:12:15PM
Jim Smith my favorite hands down and even Rogan says he's the best in the business. Guy isn't over the top and corny like Bas or Goldberg and actually has an MMA background. I mean dude beat James Wilks and lost to Andy Wang!? jimmy Smith could have us forgetting all about Rogan and his love of talking about ice and better gloves
emfleek
6/23/13 5:02:06PM
I'd never watch a UFC event again with volume if Bonnar/Bas were commentating.

I like Rogan & Goldberg personally. To suggest that Bas would be better is laughable IMO. He mailed it in a looooooong time ago IMO.
emfleek
6/23/13 5:03:36PM

Posted by jae_1833

I will Mike "The Voice" Schiavelo (spell check) his due props...if you don't get annoyed by accents and all, I enjoy him thoroughly.

Honestly, I'd rather drop a full can of paint on my balls.

He's way too cheesy IMO.
tcunningham
6/23/13 7:58:46PM
jimmy smith for sure. i dislike Bas as a commentator. i like frank mir also, i think he did a good job in the WEC.
SpiderSilva
6/23/13 8:04:21PM
I love me some Maro Renello(sp).

Him and jimmy smith could go toe to toe with goldie n rogan
infestructure
6/24/13 4:40:02PM

Posted by sparky

Personally I'm not fond of Rogan these days. He needs to spend more time commentating whats actually happening and less time talking about what he thinks the fighter should be doing.

You can tell he gets so excited when stuff is happening on the ground. Then when itgoes back to the stand up, he spends the next five minutes telling us what could have happened.

That being said, I've never liked any commentator more than Rogey
Bubbles
6/26/13 2:29:05PM

Posted by emfleek

Honestly, I'd rather drop a full can of paint on my balls.

taking "blue balls" to the next level