Report: “Shogun” to Return in February or March

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: “Shogun” to Return in February or March
adamsb
11/22/07 2:47:03PM
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (16-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC), a longtime PRIDE fighter who made an unsuccessful UFC debut against Forrest Griffin in September, will likely return to the octagon in February or March.

The report comes from Chris Howie of MMANews.com, who quoted Chute Boxe representative Julio Heller.

link
tuvok500
11/22/07 3:03:43PM
I hope it will be against Tito !!

go Tito !!!

Tito rd 1 tko !! LOL

Boo_Radley21
11/22/07 3:07:02PM
That would actually be a pretty good fight. I'd like to see it.
jae_1833
11/22/07 3:12:13PM
Please be Tito!!!
cmill21
11/22/07 4:30:42PM
I like when strikers fight tito...with that head it's just to easy.
tuvok500
11/22/07 4:53:16PM

Posted by cmill21

Tito lost only 2 time against strikers and it was chuck liddell both times !!

so, it was more " i have your number " than a lost to stikers man !!!

Shogun will tap for the second time in a row and everybody will have to remove him out of the top ten !!! LOL

GO TITO !!!

loller90278
11/22/07 5:17:06PM
in another interview with a chute boxe camp member, they did say that shogun was fighting tito...
cmill21
11/22/07 5:19:30PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Shogun will tap for the second time in a row and everybody will have to remove him out of the top ten !!! LOL

GO TITO !!!

Still like it, Vitor caught him a time or two, as did forrest. From what I hear Tito's back problems are really spinal problems, and he thinks they've ruined his career. I don't think he has anything that he can finish Rashad with, let alone shogun, or any other top 5, or even top 10.
tuvok500
11/22/07 5:27:59PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

GO TITO !!!

Still like it, Vitor caught him a time or two, as did forrest. From what I hear Tito's back problems are really spinal problems, and he thinks they've ruined his career. I don't think he has anything that he can finish Rashad with, let alone shogun, or any other top 5, or even top 10.

it is a fight man, of course you will be hit !!!
but , the result of those fight was a win for Tito so please be serious man, nobody can go to 3 rd in mma without being hit hard at the ufc level .

as for his back , we are in 2007 and the medecine is very good, if Mir was able to come back healty, i think tito can too !!

wapttn
11/22/07 5:29:36PM
The tito ortiz that we saw in the first round against forrest griffin is that tito that fcuks people up. That round was so close to being a 10-8, and props to griffin for doing whatever he could to avoid getting destroyed. Whatever his back problems are, if he can come in 100%.. i'd love to see him face shogun. It'll be the battle of the injured haha.
tuvok500
11/22/07 5:39:46PM

Posted by wapttn

The tito ortiz that we saw in the first round against forrest griffin is that tito that fcuks people up. That round was so close to being a 10-8, and props to griffin for doing whatever he could to avoid getting destroyed. Whatever his back problems are, if he can come in 100%.. i'd love to see him face shogun. It'll be the battle of the injured haha.

LOL !!

a battle of injured ! LOL

stickyhash421
11/22/07 7:43:23PM
rooting for shogun, whoever he fights
postman
11/22/07 9:06:35PM
I have a real hard time seeing how Tito can beat a healthy Shogun. I give Forrestt respect for his fight with Rue but come one that was the worst I have ever seen Shogun fight and I'm pretty sure Forrestt wasn't the reason.
tuvok500
11/22/07 9:19:28PM

Posted by postman

I have a real hard time seeing how Tito can beat a healthy Shogun. I give Forrestt respect for his fight with Rue but come one that was the worst I have ever seen Shogun fight and I'm pretty sure Forrestt wasn't the reason.

Forrest was not the reason ???? Shogun was shadowboxing and he tap to himself after being choked by the invisible man !! LOL

Kainlock
11/22/07 9:44:15PM
Yeah hopefully Shogun doens't become like Cro Cop.
cmill21
11/22/07 9:48:19PM

Posted by Kainlock

Yeah hopefully Shogun doens't become like Cro Cop.

Shogun's 25, had a torn ACL, obviously could not get his conditioning right. I mean the dude runs marathons, and he gasses after 6 minuets? You have to be kidding me if you don't think something was wrong.
NatedawgThaM
11/22/07 10:53:43PM
Shogun is F'in up whoever he fights. Bottomline. Even against Tito who's proven he can only CLEARLY beat fighters who are past there prime(Ken Shamrock).

Against Vitor, I thought he lost. Against Griffin(An undeveloped fighter) I thought he lost. Against Chuck at 66(Bad gameplan IMO but he still lost), Against Rashad(Undeveloped fighter STILL) I thought he won but it was still close and was still LNP against the cage.

This tells me against an experienced vet like Shogun who had injuries(not mking excuses, all props to Griffin) in his last fight which was actually pretty close IMO because of Shoguns aggression(Props for still being aggressive while injured) I think we he comes back at 100%. He's destroying whoever. I think he kills Tito. I see Tito getting rocked with tons of knees and then stopped with fist. Those close controversial decisions and easy wins over Ken tells me Tito can JUST BARELY hang with the best. I don't think he can touch Shogun. Like Cmillz said. His career is f'd from those back pains. Less explosiveness(Which is why he's not the way he use to be, loss of explosiveness) and pain when he's on his back.

Shogun will be back with a vengence!

and against Tito. He's destroying him IMO

Manak
11/22/07 10:57:09PM
it should be tito.

gives us a chnace to see what tito has left facin one of the best

then a chance to hopefully see a healthy shougun and this can establish him in the ufc market with a good shownin or win

plus now we get to see the superfights of pride vs ufc and if this is n the superbowl card i deff makes the feb card stcaked from top to bottom
CornishMMA
11/23/07 5:07:09AM
I actually already posted this news about 4 days ago from the original source - MMANews - on THIS THREAD - mmajunkie are just really slow at stealing the info and maing their own article
postman
11/23/07 11:12:17AM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by postman

Forrest was not the reason ???? Shogun was shadowboxing and he tap to himself after being choked by the invisible man !! LOL

What I was trying to get at was he had a torn Acl and it didn't allow him to be the fighter he is. You are aware that Shogun Ko'ed Rampage in the first round right? It wasn't even a close fight he beat that ass from one end of the ring to the other. The list of fighters Shogun has beat is very impressive and he is only 25. So you can laugh all you want but Forrest Griffen's only chance at beating Shogun is on his worst day and guess what he got.......
gabe531
11/23/07 2:09:49PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Shogun is F'in up whoever he fights. Bottomline. Even against Tito who's proven he can only CLEARLY beat fighters who are past there prime(Ken Shamrock).

Against Vitor, I thought he lost. Against Griffin(An undeveloped fighter) I thought he lost. Against Chuck at 66(Bad gameplan IMO but he still lost), Against Rashad(Undeveloped fighter STILL) I thought he won but it was still close and was still LNP against the cage.

This tells me against an experienced vet like Shogun who had injuries(not mking excuses, all props to Griffin) in his last fight which was actually pretty close IMO because of Shoguns aggression(Props for still being aggressive while injured) I think we he comes back at 100%. He's destroying whoever. I think he kills Tito. I see Tito getting rocked with tons of knees and then stopped with fist. Those close controversial decisions and easy wins over Ken tells me Tito can JUST BARELY hang with the best. I don't think he can touch Shogun. Like Cmillz said. His career is f'd from those back pains. Less explosiveness(Which is why he's not the way he use to be, loss of explosiveness) and pain when he's on his back.

ok but in the last fight with chuck didnt he win rd 2?? he beat rashad 2-1 easy. forrest was a great fight and he wasnt @ his peak but was very solid fighter. and he did beat forrest and shogun got sub'd by him. now i think shogun will win but to say tito have no chance is a bit too far. lay n pray sucks but if it gets him wins then wft why not
tuvok500
11/23/07 7:46:26PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by postman

What I was trying to get at was he had a torn Acl and it didn't allow him to be the fighter he is. You are aware that Shogun Ko'ed Rampage in the first round right? It wasn't even a close fight he beat that ass from one end of the ring to the other. The list of fighters Shogun has beat is very impressive and he is only 25. So you can laugh all you want but Forrest Griffen's only chance at beating Shogun is on his worst day and guess what he got.......

LOL !!

man, Shogun's record is not the point here , i did not say that he was a joke, i say that it was REALLY forrest who beated him that night !! not a knee problem, almost every fighters are fighting with injuree man and if Shogun would have won the fight, you would be saying that he beated forrest EVEN with an injuree, so it is clear that you will never give any credit to the REAL winner for sure !!!

as for Rampage, you should know that the Rampage of today is 10 time better train than he was before and the SUPER KO is not an indication of what would happen if they were fighting in 2008 man !!

don't worry , i would give credit to shogun as soon as he will destroy a top fighter in the octogon in 2008, it is a promesse man !! LOL

cmill21
11/23/07 8:19:34PM
While I agree that all fighters are fighting with injury, no one should fight with a torn ACL, it doesn't prove your tough. I still think Shogun and Wand will beat Rampage, because they beat him in the tai clinch, and until I see him defend it I will still think he'll lose when he gets in that tai clinch and fed knees. I do agree that that rampage is alot better, but Rich was better the second time against Anderson, the tai clinch isn't just something you learn to defend right overnight, especially when the other guy has been doing it his whole life.
stickyhash421
11/25/07 6:02:42AM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by postman

thats funny that a tito fan wants him to fight shogun...?? do i smell a rematch between wandy and tito....no wait thats his ego, tito is donebar if he cant beat rashad, plus he shoulda lost to vitor and griffin imo, and who gets a title shot after just losing to frank shamrock with a record of 4-2, thats a terrible record to get a title shot with. come on
postman
12/2/07 12:25:10PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by postman

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by postman

LOL !!

man, Shogun's record is not the point here , i did not say that he was a joke, i say that it was REALLY forrest who beated him that night !! not a knee problem, almost every fighters are fighting with injuree man and if Shogun would have won the fight, you would be saying that he beated forrest EVEN with an injuree, so it is clear that you will never give any credit to the REAL winner for sure !!!

as for Rampage, you should know that the Rampage of today is 10 time better train than he was before and the SUPER KO is not an indication of what would happen if they were fighting in 2008 man !!

don't worry , i would give credit to shogun as soon as he will destroy a top fighter in the octogon in 2008, it is a promesse man !! LOL

I will give Forrest credit that he beat the guy the UFC put in front of him but you and me know that was not the real Shogun.