Who should replace bonnar?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should replace bonnar?
Next Page »
ricoj3323
2/12/08 1:06:05AM
I think tim boetsch should step up and fight matt hamill, I want to see if tim is for real, I think we could see if he for real by his second fight in the octagon

who do you think should replace bonnar?

ufcboss
2/12/08 1:13:49AM
I say Houston Alexander, He will put Hamill away, Maybe!
ChokeUout
2/12/08 1:21:42AM

Posted by ufcboss

I say Houston Alexander, He will put Hamill away, Maybe!

HoustonALexander is already fighting James Irvin on that Card.

My Personal opinion?

SOKODJU!

Or Tim Boetch If the UFC wants to give him another fight quick to see if he produces similar results

BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 1:22:36AM
toss him a can
candynuts
2/12/08 1:25:53AM
Hector Ramirez.
Ordep
2/12/08 1:26:26AM
where's Nakamura??? still out because of the weed issue?

IMO - Nakamura or Soko
ocho-cinco
2/12/08 1:41:10AM

Posted by Ordep

where's Nakamura??? still out because of the weed issue?

IMO - Nakamura or Soko

good call. Nakamura has been kind of lost these days. I think Hamill against either of thoes guys makes sense. All three need to put on a good performance next fight so they don't get lost in a deep division.
aolverizon
2/12/08 3:46:10AM
i say soko or maybe even jardine, but im thinking they're gonna do
jardine vs wand
Pookie
2/12/08 3:51:24AM
hamill would be a gimme fight for Soko... he possesses an excellent sprawl to nullify hamill's excellent wrestling. In the striking department, hamill is quite sloppy and uses wide punches, thats not something you should do against Soko as he could catch you and put you to sleep with any solid shot.

Does hamill have a submission game at all?
ufcboss
2/12/08 4:34:03AM
Ok, My bad, I was thinking this fight was on a PPV, Oops!

SOKOU, He will KO Hamill.
CornishMMA
2/12/08 6:22:49AM
Good call on Soku, i see that as very very likely as he will be ready to fight around that time, its a great style matchup as Soku's Judo should nullify Hamills wrestling, and Soku would likely get a KO win and prove his worth for what they are paying him
NatedawgThaM
2/12/08 6:27:24AM
I think it should be Soko to give him one last fight to prove himself not a lucky striker. But IMO Hamil knocks him the fudge out because the weak chin is...very weak.
CornishMMA
2/12/08 6:32:33AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think it should be Soko to give him one last fight to prove himself not a lucky striker. But IMO Hamil knocks him the fudge out because the weak chin is...very weak.

Dunno about "one last fight" he only lost once, and to Machida (who would beat most of the LHW div!), i always said he had a weak chin but i dont think he is a "lucky" striker, no such thing really, Soku will be good but its still very early in his career, his judo is wicked tho so it would make for an exciting match
NatedawgThaM
2/12/08 7:16:31AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Dunno about "one last fight" he only lost once, and to Machida (who would beat most of the LHW div!), i always said he had a weak chin but i dont think he is a "lucky" striker, no such thing really, Soku will be good but its still very early in his career, his judo is wicked tho so it would make for an exciting match

Chuck Liddell's sparring partner knocked him out quick too. Hamil hits hard and owned Bisping on the feet so I doubt Hamil takes it to the ground. he avoids those kicks and lands an overhand right, BAM, fights over.
whardin19
2/12/08 7:29:42AM
I would say yeah on the whole Tim Boestch fight with Hamill. If you want to see if the guy is worth the investment this would be the fight. It would also be an intertaining fight I think. I would actually pick Tim to win that fight too.
Khaos
2/12/08 8:37:24AM
Rich "The G-man"Goines(sp?) , Bill Wallace, or Jeff Blatnick
disturbed_fighter
2/12/08 8:52:01AM
yeah soku is a good one i think
candynuts
2/12/08 11:09:56AM

Posted by Khaos

Rich "The G-man"Goines(sp?) , Bill Wallace, or Jeff Blatnick

Rush
2/12/08 11:29:57AM
Boetsch, as exciting as he was in his last fight, is not a fight that is in Matt's best interest right now. Maybe not in skill, but in the eyes of most fans Tim would be a step down for Matt at this point.

Sokoudjou would be a good choice, even if it is risky for Matt. Besides, if Matt cannot handle guys with heavy hands, he'll never be top ten in this division.
woodmo
2/12/08 1:01:07PM
Tito.
pv3Hpv3p
2/12/08 1:06:38PM
I'd like to see him fight a striker like Luis Banta-Cane... Or maybe Tomasz Drwal, but I thought I heard he had a fight coming or was injured or something...

Either that or why not bring in a big wrestler like Mike Van Arsdale... Most of his loses come by submission, and I don't know if Hamil has the sub game to pull that off... could be a good fight even though he's on a pretty solid losing streak...
ricoj3323
2/12/08 1:07:01PM
soko would be a good choice too, this would be a good fight to redeem himself
KYGUY07
2/12/08 2:03:08PM
I think tim Boestch should replace bonnar, that would be a great fight, i would take boestch
Rush
2/12/08 2:42:28PM

Posted by KYGUY07

I think tim Boestch should replace bonnar, that would be a great fight, i would take boestch

It would be a great fight, but I think the risk:benefit ratio is really high for Matt. It doesn't make sense (in my eyes) for him to take that fight.

If Matt wins, so what, he just beat a guy that fought in the UFC only once. If he loses, well, he just lost to a relative newcomer. Either scenario doesn't help him move up the ranks.
pv3Hpv3p
2/12/08 3:20:49PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by KYGUY07

It would be a great fight, but I think the risk:benefit ratio is really high for Matt. It doesn't make sense (in my eyes) for him to take that fight.

If Matt wins, so what, he just beat a guy that fought in the UFC only once. If he loses, well, he just lost to a relative newcomer. Either scenario doesn't help him move up the ranks.

That and to be fair to Boestch, he should get the opportunity to have a full training camp for his next fight... I know he fought very well against Heath on short notice, and FN is still pretty far off, but with a win of that caliber under his belt, he should be given enough time to show what he looks like coming in completely prepared... Not only for the fans, but to give joe Silva and Zuffa a real idea of what they might have with him
KYGUY07
2/12/08 3:53:47PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Rush

Posted by KYGUY07

That and to be fair to Boestch, he should get the opportunity to have a full training camp for his next fight... I know he fought very well against Heath on short notice, and FN is still pretty far off, but with a win of that caliber under his belt, he should be given enough time to show what he looks like coming in completely prepared... Not only for the fans, but to give joe Silva and Zuffa a real idea of what they might have with him

yeah you guys are right, i kinda forgot fight night isnt to far away, he should get a while to train for his next fight, and either way it doesnt benefit matt
prozacnation1978
2/12/08 5:23:07PM
i say scrap the fight in all or give him luis cane or drwal or boetsch i think he derserves another match, how out of shape can he be he fought for only like a min what happened to hector ramirez??
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/12/08 6:29:44PM
i dont thikn soko was himself last fight. he seemed very nervous. major octagon jitters if u ask me. IMO he was scared that his parents in africa might see him and was overall shook ( his parents think he teaches judo and goes to university or some sh1t). he came out in a mask for christ sake.

all this being said soko would get taken down at will. hamil by kO.
Kpro
2/12/08 6:39:23PM
Cane or Ravishing Red would seemingly be the best late replacements as far as length of time since their last fights. Both are a step below Bonnar, but what can you expect.
hippysmacker
2/12/08 9:18:15PM
Pages: [1] 2