Real All-time P4P list by FKA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Real All-time P4P list by FKA
« Previous Page
FKA
1/26/15 5:38:15PM
Shawn91111
1/26/15 5:43:27PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

My P4P list based on who is the P4P best.

1. Shogun
2. Wanderlei
3. Hendo
4. Fedor
5. Cain
6. Liddell
7. Hunto
8. Penn
9. Sakuraba
10. McDonald

Very good list, no A. Silva ?
FKA
1/26/15 10:10:55PM
Just finished research on the first wave of fighters that would be considered honarable mentions.....

Really fun reliving the evolution of mma and going through all the multitudes of accomplishments and accolades of all the greats....

I will probably drop the first post tomorrow....its been a long day lol night playground!
NikkiNeversleep
1/29/15 11:00:25AM

Posted by FKA

This thread is strictly for my version of the P4P debate....

Please take the other hypotheticals to the part 2 where that is encouraged.

Feel free to post your top 10 or 5 using my criteria in this post

I got quite a bit of info to go through but my list has begun construction so i will post it as i get a section done.

Thx guys

FKA
1/29/15 2:35:35PM
Wow so informative and original....

Shawn91111
1/29/15 6:08:05PM

Posted by NikkiNeversleep

Posted by FKA

This thread is strictly for my version of the P4P debate....

Please take the other hypotheticals to the part 2 where that is encouraged.

Feel free to post your top 10 or 5 using my criteria in this post

I got quite a bit of info to go through but my list has begun construction so i will post it as i get a section done.

Thx guys

JoeWarren33
1/29/15 6:32:00PM

Posted by aussiemma

Also I completely disagree with Nikki and what she said about fedor. If we are following your criteria then he definitely should be there. Open weight is definitely a division... I don't know what she is talking about.

My thoughts exactly.

Didn't see this thread till now, and nice list FKA!
JoeWarren33
1/29/15 6:33:38PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

My P4P list based on who is the P4P best.

1. Shogun
2. Wanderlei
3. Hendo
4. Fedor
5. Cain
6. Liddell
7. Hunto
8. Penn
9. Sakuraba
10. McDonald

Nice list, but McDonald? wtf lol
I would swap Anderson Silva With Chuck, and put Chuck in Rory's spot.
FKA
1/29/15 6:57:42PM
First wave of honarable mentions in no particular order......only pivotal wins are mentioned to save time(top 15 list will be full in depth)

DON FRYE /OPW/HW/LHW
Accolades/UFC 8 winner,UFC 10 runner up,UFC ultimate ultimate winner

This guy was one of the original sprawl and brawlers who rarely used his great wrestling other then to defend and then batter opponents with his powerful boxing.

He was a fan fav in UFC and PRIDE having some very memorable fights in both promotions.

Tho he fought and beat many noteable fighters at HW he didn't fair very well at openweight,and lost in his only light heavy fight.

@OPW/Amaury Bitetti,Akebono

@HW/Gary Goodridge,Tank Abbott,Gilbert Yvel,Ken Shamrock

@LHW/only fight was loss to Ruben Villareal

ROYCE GRACIE /OPW/WW
Accolades/UFC 1,2,&4 WINNER,UFC 3 runner up

When you think of smaller guys dominating and submitting bigger guys you think of Royce.His bjj seemed other worldly when the SEG era UFC tournaments were held,he proved size was nothing when pitted against world class skill.

Once he moved on from UFC his time in Pride saw him defeat some great fighters more his size and cemented him as a pioneer of the sport.

Tho he defeated much larger fighters he also was beaten soundly by guys his size and never fully excelled to a ww champioship.

@OPW/Akebono,Dan Severn,Keith Hackney,Kimo Leopaldo,Ken Shamrock,Jason Delucia,Nobuhiko Takada

@WW/Kazushi Sakuraba,Hidehiko Yoshida

JEFF CURRAN /FLY/BW/FW/LW
Accolades/WEC FW title challenger,RFA BW title challenger

Jeff Curran is cousins with Bellator guy Pat Curran,but he was also quite a fighter himself.This guy has fought in a bunch of promotions all over the place,and at different weights.

Big frog was pretty succesful but never managed to get a belt tho he always seemed in title contentions.

While jeff is a great fighter he doesn't quite have the accomplishments to make it into the top 15.
@Fly/Josh Killion

@FW/Bao Quatch,Jason Dent,Charles Bennett,Wagney Fabiano,Raphael Assuncao,Johnny Eduardo

@BW/all losses to Benavidez,pedro munhoz

@LW/Dustin Niece

MATT LINDLAND /MW/LHW/HW
Accolades/Olympic medalist

Lindland is a grappling wizard......his olympic wrestling creds are legit and they transferred into MMA immediately.He has beaten some of the best fighters in the world and won,and has moved around weights just to fight guys he thought were the best.

Tho matt has changed divisions his dominance comes mainly in the MW division as most of his attempts outside his natural weight didn't end in victory.

@HW/Loss to Fedor Emelianenko

@LHW/win over Ricardo Almeida,and loss to Rampage

@MW/Travis Fulton,Yoji Anjo,Phil Baroni,Pat Miletich,Murilo Bustamante,Ivan Salaverry,Falaniko Vitale,Tony Fryklund,Travis Lutter,Joe Doerkson,Mike Van Arsdale,Jeremy Horn,Carlos Newton

FKA
1/29/15 7:17:07PM
JOSE ALDO/FW/LW
Accolades/UFC FW CHAMP/WEC FW CHAMP

Jose aldo is a lighter weight phenom,if it isn't his ridiculous striking it's his under utilized wrestling and bjj.At feather this guy seems unstoppable having run damn near through the entire division.

But this isn't a normal P4P list so 1 division dominance isn't what gets you to the top.Aldos only venture to 155 was his only career loss.

@FW/Phil Harris,Jonathin Brookins,Cub Swanson,Mike Brown,Urijah Faber,Manny Gamburyan,Mark Honinick,Kenny Florian,Chad Mendes,Frankie Edgar,Korean Zombie,Ricardo Lamas

@LW/loss to Luciano Azevedo

postman
1/29/15 9:30:15PM
By these standards a very good case goes to minowaman.
FKA
1/29/15 10:14:14PM
Not really....while he was nominated sad to say he didnt make my list...(spoiler lmao)

I have plenty of cuts and or honorable mentions who didnt make the final contenders list.

Top 15 will be the last men standing of around 50 fighters nominated from 2 websites........
FKA
1/29/15 11:30:41PM
MINOWAMAN/MW/LHW/OPW/
Accolades/1999Neo Blood tournament winner/2000 King of Pancrase LHW Tournament runner up/05 Pride WW GP Tourney semi finalist/09DREM Super Hulk Tournament champion

Minowaman is a legend in japan and is largely overlooked due to his freakshow fights but he is a legit grappler who on his best day could give hell to any man in any division.

While Minowaman has fought a great deal in many orgs at many weights ,his overall wins quality doesn't get him on my list .

@MW/Daiju Takase,Brian Gassaway,Yuki Sasaki

@LHW/Kevin Casey,Phil Baroni

@OPW/Gilbert Yvel,Kimo Leopaldo,Giant Silva,Butterbean,Don Frye,Errol Zimmerman,Bob Sapp,Hong ManChoi,Sokoudjou,Jimmy Ambriz

GLEISON TIBAU/LW/WW
Accolades/GOAT of weight cutting lol

Tibau is an excellent grappler and is known for his muscular frame and powerful clinch.

Tibau while quite accomplished in LW ,he lost his only fight outside lw so again one dovision dominance isn't quite enough.
@LW/Terry Etim,Rich Clementi,Jeremy Stephens,Josh Neer,Thiago Alves,Adriano Martins,Fabricio Camoes,Caol Uno,Rafael Dos Anjos,Kurt Pelligrino,Rafaello Olieviera,Jamie Varner,Pat Healy,Piotr Hallman,Norman Parke

@WW/Loss to Nick diaz

KENNY FLORIAN/MW/WW/LW/FW
Accolades/UFC LW Title challenger 2×,UFC FW Title challenger,TUF MW runner up

Kenny has always been a talented guy in fighting hes a traditional style mma guy with great striking a bjj he has fought and defeated some of the best but just never reached the gold.

@MW/loss to Drew Fickett,Diego Sanchez

@WW/Alex Karalexis,Kit Cope

@LW/Sam Stout,Din Thomas,Joe Lauzon,Roger Huerta,Joe Stevenson,Clay Guida,Takanori Gomi

@FW/Diego Nunes

TAKANORI GOMI/LW/WW
Accolades/Shooto LW Champ,Pride LW Champ,Pride LW GP Winner

Gomi is hands down the best pride LW and one of the best LWs ever.His combo of powerful striking and high level wrestling allowed him to destroy a pride lw division(161lbs& under)in devastating fashion.He moved to UFC after his prime but still put on some excellent fights and is a legend of the sport.

But much like others who didnt make it his dominance was limited to one division.

@LW/Rumina Sato,Ralph Gracie,Jens Pulver,Luiz Azerado,Tatsuya Kawajiri,Hayato Sakurai,Marcus Aurelio,Motsuhiro Ishida,Duane Lidwig,Tyson Griffin,Mac Danzig,Isaac Valle Flag

@WW/Kazumichi Takada

DAN SEVERN/OPW/SHW/HW
Accolades/UFC 5 Winner/Ultimate Ultimate 95 Winner/UFC Triple Crown

Dan is a legend and owns some world class wrestling and good submissions which helped him beat some great hws.

Dan has fought before weight class existed and fought at super hw but his quality throughout weight classes isnt good enough to get in the list.

@OPW/Anthony Macias,oleg taktorov,Paul varelins,ken shamrock

@SHW/no one noteable

@HW/tank abbott,Mario Neto,Mark Coleman,Travis Fulton,Kevin Rosier,Andrei Kopylov,Harry Moskowitz,Wes Sims,Paul Buentello,Forrest Griffin,Justin Eilers,Dan Christison,Shannon Ritch,Cal Worsham

KEVIN RANDLEMAN/OPW/HW/LHW
Accolades/UFC HW CHAMP/UVTW 4 Tournament Winner

Randelman has always been a physical freak,athletically gifted and a wrestling great with striking that slowly developed as he fought.He beat some legends and has fought openweight but his overall record isn't enough to get on the list.

@OPW/Dan Bobbish,Ebenizer Fontes Braga,Carlos Barreto,Tom Erikson

@HW/Crocop,Maurice Smith,Pedro Rizzo,Pete Williams

@LHW/Ninja Rua,Babalu Sobral,Kenichi Yamamoto,Michiyoshi Ohara

That concludes the first round of cuts.
JLS
2/7/15 9:07:27PM
Based on the criteria my P4P GOAT is Tim Sylvia.

Competed in HW and Super HW.

Pages: 1 2 [3]