Razor Rob taking on Varner in February

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Razor Rob taking on Varner in February
AchillesHeel
11/23/07 11:40:12AM
McCullough to Defend WEC Belt in February.

"Razor" Rob McCullough will next defend his World Extreme Cagefighting lightweight title in early February against Jamie Varner, sources from both camps have confirmed to MMAWeekly.com.
adamsb
11/23/07 12:11:35PM
MaCullough is going to mess jamie up
jae_1833
11/23/07 4:03:00PM
Good move, I think this is a better fight than if it would have been with Alex. Alex's striking and lack of size would have led to his downfall, Jamie is a much better match up.
matthughes23
11/24/07 4:41:05AM
This is definitely better than McCullough vs. Karalexis. Hwoever, I can't see McCullough losing his title. Like he said, Varner's a younger version of crunkilton. Jamie has submissions but it'll be getting Rob to the ground that will be the problem. Jamie isn't exactly a wrestler and Rob has a good sprawl so gotta give this to Rob via TKO in R1 or R2
stickyhash421
11/24/07 2:17:53PM

Posted by adamsb

MaCullough is going to mess jamie up

i agree, and ever since i heard jamie talkin smach about his last opponent being a B level fighter compared to him i just wanted him to get hit by a bus and be a vegetable.
nickcuc547
11/24/07 5:29:16PM
varner has been impressive dismantling rob roy, and he even looked good in a loss last year to hermes franca, if he gets it to the ground he can beat razor rob.