Rashad or Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rashad or Jardine
Mchubb316
5/24/08 12:38:11AM
At this point in their careers, who is more developed and has improved the most between these two TUF contestants. Since the show Jardine has looked impressive most of the time with wins over Whitehead, Griffen, Gouveia, and Liddell, and not so impressive with his loss to Alexander, with a loss to Bonnar mixed in there. Rashad is 6-0-1 with wins over the likes of Bisping, Bonnar, Ramirez, Lambert, among others, and 3 of those wins were split decisions. Is it safe to say Jardine has had tougher fights overall than Rashad? How do you think Rashad's record would look if he had to fight the same guys Jardine had to fight. I think Jardine has progressed higher than Rashad since the show, and is closer to the title than him. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
hotrodttt
5/24/08 12:49:29AM
It's a Hard Call, Rashad's Stand Up has Improved leaps and bounds, at his headwork in the Tom Murphy Fight. His Head Kick over Salmon was Great and him Ground and Pound Stoppage over Jason Lambert showed us that he's not just a Wrestler but he can also Strike and Pass the Guard using Jits.

Keith has also improved, his mental game during TUF wasn't Good and there's no problem there anymore, he's confident in his Skills but sometimes that overconfidence can hurt him ala Houston Alexander. I wish he would use his Great Wrestling because even though he doesn't have a " Wrestling Background " he did go to ASU Tournaments and Won them.

I guess we'll have to see them Fight to really see, even though they fought on TUF and Rashad Won. It's really a Toss Up
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/24/08 12:59:47AM
Rashad hasnt been tested enough to make this call. At this point jardine would be the better fighter.
NatedawgThaM
5/24/08 3:02:34AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Rashad hasnt been tested enough to make this call. At this point jardine would be the better fighter.

He barely beat Bisping and should have lost to Tito while Jardine knocked out the #1 contender and pretty much out classed UFC legend Chuck Liddell.

Rashad's hand speed, head movement, and overall boxing has improved and he at least showed effort on the ground against Lambert but he still isn't consistent enough. He looked like he was really going to be something GNPing out Lambert, KOing Salmon and taking it to Tito in a losing effort but I lost all love for him in the Bisping fight since he went back to LNP and was scared to stand.

While Jardine isn't great in one aspect, he's good in almost everyone. He's been showing progress every time out and his only losses have been in a BS decision to Bonnar and for taking Houston lightly. The only flaw would be his awkward stance with sloppy strikes. Hopefully he can sharpen those strikes against Wandy because God knows he'll have to out point him and that's what I have him doing!
IriShame
5/24/08 12:11:14PM
Keep in mind Jardine was robbed in that decision against Bonnar.
MMAcca
5/24/08 12:19:11PM
I'd take Jardine for the win if i had to bet on either one.......
nickcuc547
5/24/08 1:05:11PM
i think jardine is a more skilled more well rounded fighter but rashad is a superior athlete and his wrestling is top notch, i gotta say rashad is a little better even if he isn't higher in the rankings and doesn't have as many big wins.
aaa9erh8er
5/24/08 2:00:01PM

Posted by Mchubb316

At this point in their careers, who is more developed and has improved the most between these two TUF contestants. Since the show Jardine has looked impressive most of the time with wins over Whitehead, Griffen, Gouveia, and Liddell, and not so impressive with his loss to Alexander, with a loss to Bonnar mixed in there. Rashad is 6-0-1 with wins over the likes of Bisping, Bonnar, Ramirez, Lambert, among others, and 3 of those wins were split decisions. Is it safe to say Jardine has had tougher fights overall than Rashad? How do you think Rashad's record would look if he had to fight the same guys Jardine had to fight. I think Jardine has progressed higher than Rashad since the show, and is closer to the title than him. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

i think you hit right on the nose 100%
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/24/08 2:19:52PM

Posted by IriShame

Keep in mind Jardine was robbed in that decision against Bonnar.

Super robbed, if you've seen that fight you don't hold it against Jardine.
tylerlee123
5/25/08 2:35:46PM
I think Rashad has made the most improvement , Jardine has also got a lot more well rounded
Raykill
5/26/08 10:10:08PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

The problem is and we saw it once again last event. Jardine just needs to learn to tuck the chin. That thing is made of glass. He keeps sticking it out there. And shave that little target off, maybe that will make it harder for people to find his chin....
gsquat
5/27/08 10:11:30AM
This is easy. Rashad. He was better that Jardine when he beat him, and he's far better now. Jardine is (obviously) easily overwhelmed. If you want to beat him, take it to him. The same cannot be said for Rashad. In fact nothing anyone has done has been good enough to beat him.