Randy Couture’s manager responds to claims about Randy making millions

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Randy Couture’s manager responds to claims about Randy making millions
POLL: Who do you believe
Randy Couture 55% (21)
Dana White 26% (10)
I don't know who to believe 18% (7)
Sam_Rothstein
10/21/07 9:29:19PM
In a new report from Adam Swift at Sherdog, Randy Couture’s manager, Matt Walker, refutes claims from the Yahoo Sports report earlier in the week that Randy was making 3.25-3.75 million per fight:

“When I first read the story on Yahoo! I actually laughed because they are so far from fact,” said Walker.

“If he were getting $3.25-$3.75 million a fight then Randy’s compensation would not be an issue,” said the agent, who was lambasted by White as a Hollywood parasite after Couture announced his resignation on Oct. 11. “However, I can tell you those salary numbers for Randy are severely inflated and I would love to know where they got the information.”

click here for full article
marketmaven
10/21/07 9:52:44PM
I believe Hollywood Agent Walker wants the massive pay per view bonuses Couture makes *and* a larger up front guaranteed salary. The type floated around among internet rumor mills to Fedor.

Basically, they want to tear up the contract yet again to make Randy (and his agent) even more rich at the expense of the long term financial viabilty of the sport. More laughable is his quote fighting on behalf of lesser known fighters pay rates as well. Each additional dollar paid to him is that much less of the pie available to future prospects and the existing talent.

From all accounts Randy is making 100x what he was making a few short years ago per fight. It seems, they want to suck every last dime at of his next fight which will likely be his last fight.

He could have been the face of the UFC and MMA, an ambassador to the sport but it'll go down to pure unadulterated greed to observant, informed MMA fans.

Randy and his agent want more millions
tuvok500
10/21/07 10:21:55PM

Posted by marketmaven

I believe Hollywood Agent Walker wants the massive pay per view bonuses Couture makes *and* a larger up front guaranteed salary. The type floated around among internet rumor mills to Fedor.

Basically, they want to tear up the contract yet again to make Randy (and his agent) even more rich at the expense of the long term financial viabilty of the sport. More laughable is his quote fighting on behalf of lesser known fighters pay rates as well. Each additional dollar paid to him is that much less of the pie available to future prospects and the existing talent.

From all accounts Randy is making 100x what he was making a few short years ago per fight. It seems, they want to suck every last dime at of his next fight which will likely be his last fight.

He could have been the face of the UFC and MMA, an ambassador to the sport but it'll go down to pure unadulterated greed to observant, informed MMA fans.

we forget sometimes that the agents are sometimes greedy or even worst !!
it seem that fedor's agent was a , well, i will say , hard to negociate with him !!
the randy's agent is in the same business and he seem to need money too !!!

just speculate by the ways, i saw much worst that my sentence on this forum !!!

natedogstyles
10/21/07 11:17:20PM
This is all pretty sad considering Randy is at the twighlight of his career and we may only get to see him fight one or two more times. But you know what, he shoudl try to get as much money as possible, just like anyone else.www.theathletesite.com
MMA0922
10/22/07 12:23:49AM
so do you believe that the agent that Dana White Slap, is behind all this?

Randy Couture is too smart that he say "No" to Dana White (so he can make a stand for him and the figthers he things are getting disrespect) but is too dumb for not saying it to his manager?

I dont know ... but, if you put an Agent and Dana White together, and if you ask me who looks more like is gonna "rip you off", i definitively would go for Dana White, thats what i think.

And I dont see why Couture would lie what he's getting paid, cause he is not asking for more.

and the point is that no one really knows what is going on, the bottom line is that we will have to wait until Couture finish his project, and talks to the UFC.
MaxUFC
10/22/07 1:00:34AM

Posted by marketmaven

That remind me to go to watch HBO's Arli$$ series again. Good post.
mrsmiley
10/22/07 6:28:16AM
So I wonder when Dana is going to challenge Coutures' agent to a boxing match in the UFC?????
-RiK-
10/22/07 6:35:04AM
so much for loving the sport. if you love the sport, you'd be content at making just a few million a year i've lost a lot of respect for randy, just greed taking over, i don't care if i never see him fight again.
jomatty
10/22/07 9:18:54AM
first fedor cannot come to terms with dana and now randy, who has always been above reproach, but still everyone wants to blame the fighters. i just dont get it. there is one constant in these situations and it is dana white
jgtribbett
10/22/07 11:47:51AM

Posted by mrsmiley

So I wonder when Dana is going to challenge Coutures' agent to a boxing match in the UFC?????

hahgayhahahahah that is awsome... dana needs to challenge anyone he has a problem with haha... and actually do it.
TequilaMan2000
10/22/07 3:52:26PM

Posted by -RiK-

so much for loving the sport. if you love the sport, you'd be content at making just a few million a year i've lost a lot of respect for randy, just greed taking over, i don't care if i never see him fight again.

Yeah, how many world-class fighters does Dana have to piss off and ruin relations with before you guys say "Well, perhaps there is some truth to the (upstanding) fighters saying that the UFC is shady??

Dana lies on a daily basis. You pick any one of his interviews, and there are no less than a dozen lies in it... he is one of those guys that lies so much, he doesn't even realize he is lying...