Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou no longer signing with Elite XC. Sokoudjou to sign with K-1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou no longer signing with Elite XC. Sokoudjou to sign with K-1
POLL: Out of Elite XC or K1, where would you rather see Sokoudjou fight?
K-1 52% (11)
Elite Xc 48% (10)
Sam_Rothstein
7/14/07 9:12:40PM
One high-profile fighter who won't appear on an EliteXC card in the coming year is Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (Pictures), this despite the light heavyweight verbally agreeing to a deal with Pro Elite that would have kept him busy, fighting four times in 12 months.

Reports surfaced Friday that Sokoudjou (4-1-0), who knocked out Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in his last two fights, fielded a late offer from K-1. Ryan Parsons, a representative for the 23-year-old fighter, told Sherdog.com that the K-1 contract promised "significantly more money" than the potential $200,000 per-fight Sokoudjou was slated to receive from Pro Elite.

Last week K-1 approached Sokoudjou with a one-year offer that would have placed the young Team Quest fighter against either Melvin Manhoef or Alistair Overeem on Monday's HERO'S card in Yokohama, the first of at least three fights he would have owed the Japanese promotion. However, failing to obtain a visa on short notice delayed the PRIDE veteran's return to Japan, and will keep Sokoudjou in Southern California this weekend.

Having backed away from EliteXC, Sokoudjou now awaits signing with K-1, which Parsons said should happen "shortly."

click here for full story
postman
7/14/07 11:43:51PM
The ufc needs to stop jerking him around. You hear how alot of these guys had it tough that dude came from the jungle had to like fight crocs for water and could only go to the market one day a week tell me who has had it rougher than him.
xphycorx
7/15/07 1:05:24AM
he needs to come to the ufc da*mit!!!!
Signal2112
7/15/07 8:06:41AM
Well, K-1 is a good way to go, so he can hardly complain!
zephead
7/15/07 8:10:03AM
Way to much money for a guy with 5 fights.
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 1:31:07AM
Man i was really hopeing to see him in the ufc but uncle fester is such a cheapskate.
Chris_Keppel
7/27/07 2:29:46PM

Posted by postman

The ufc needs to stop jerking him around. You hear how alot of these guys had it tough [b]that dude came from the jungle had to like fight crocs for water[/b] and could only go to the market one day a week tell me who has had it rougher than him.

lmao

wtf
Dirk_Diggler
7/28/07 3:53:43PM
I was really hoping he'd come to UFC. I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with and I always love to see good fighters stirring up the pot.