UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping replaced Osama Bin Laden as the most hated man in America

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping replaced Osama Bin Laden as the most hated man in America
pmoney
6/6/11 10:36:59AM
Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 14 coach Jason Miller (via Heavy.com) isn't waiting for the cameras to roll before taking his shots at opposing coach Michael Bisping, who will try and lead a team of mixed martial arts contestants to the promised land on the Spike TV reality show later this year. "Mayhem" was set to make his Octagon return against Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 until Chael Sonnen fought the law -- and the law won.

Article
SNAPNAPORTAP
6/6/11 10:46:33AM
He's DEFINITELY my most hated fighter! I've never felt such pure joy and elation as when Hendo KO'd Bisping at UFC 100. I was happier than the day I got married
Jekyll
6/6/11 10:48:27AM

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

He's DEFINITELY my most hated fighter! I've never felt such pure joy and elation as when Hendo KO'd Bisping at UFC 100. I was happier than the day I got married

that was his best moment ever.l He and Kos are the only fighter i watch hoping they get KTFO every time i see them
Theoutlaw08
6/6/11 10:48:48AM
I've been a fan of the sport since 2007ish i think.....and ever since I knew who Bisping was I've hated him. He is my least favorite fighter ever.........second place........sorry for this.....Fedor.
BigBadAl
6/6/11 10:50:35AM
Chael Sonnen lost to Matt Lindland I don't know how I missed that fight
SNAPNAPORTAP
6/6/11 11:01:05AM

Posted by Jekyll

l He and Kos are the only fighter i watch hoping they get KTFO every time i see them

Totally agree! 2 biggest asses in MMA....
prozacnation1978
6/6/11 11:18:00AM
I don't know about most hated in america
But most hated in mma that would be a yes
Kos doesn't bother me as much as bisping
Jekyll
6/6/11 11:29:14AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I don't know about most hated in america
But most hated in mma that would be a yes
Kos doesn't bother me as much as bisping

they both think they are WAY better then they really are... nether one will ever be a champion... Kos will prolly never get another shot after his last fight with GSP and Bisping is barely more then a gatekeeper IMO
Bubbles
6/6/11 3:15:57PM
say what you want about Koscheck, off camera the guy is pretty cool. ive met him twice and he is very respectful and will take time to talk to you, unlike other fighters ive come across (ie Stout, Mir). he obviously plays the bad boy persona while on camera because thats what the TUF season made him out to be and he plays the role well. he hypes up fights, and will make you guys tune in to his fights.

Bisping is the same way. TV editing works wonders, and yes he was a cocky wanker before Hendo's hand shut him up. hes more respectful now and isnt as brash. sure his antics after knocking out Santiago wasnt ideal (even though Jorge started the shittalking), but shi+ happens. we all forgave/brushed aside the Diaz brothers' assault on Mayhem in cage and Daley's punch to Koscheck, but you cant do the same for words Bisping said after the fight? and lets be honest, if it wasnt for Bispings mouth on TUF UK vs USA, it would have been a boring season (like this one was) and the knockout would have been just another knockout (like Browne's last week).
bjj1605
6/6/11 7:41:46PM
Um... this comparison might be a bit much. Don't you think?
BigBadAl
6/7/11 5:37:01AM

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

If that's the case, your wife can't be very symmetrical.
Cooler
6/7/11 5:44:29AM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

We get it, you like Bisping.
BigBadAl
6/7/11 8:01:49AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

I don't know him but I know why people don't like him. Just saying that if the woman you marry is fine then that should make you happier than watching a KO.
Lesnar1
6/7/11 8:32:15AM
I was there when he spat at Jorge Rivera's corner i mean there is a line and he crossed it sure Jorge was instigating in the lead up but that was just uncalled for. I don't really like Bisping he's a good fighter and everything but he is a total douchebag at times.
Cooler
6/8/11 2:04:58AM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

I don't know him but I know why people don't like him. Just saying that if the woman you marry is fine then that should make you happier than watching a KO.

1) He claimed Hamill couldnt beat him on TUF, made fun of him then proceeded to get his butt wooped at UFC 75, somehow getting the worst robbery in recent memory. Then acted like he deserved it instead of offering a rematch, of corse he didnt want to fight Hamill again, and Hamill was injured...

2) He spit water at Demarques Johnson on TUF like a little kid for something that wasnt even worthy of a shove, let alone a guy spitting water in a guys face then walking away like he didnt do anything wrong instead of facing him face to face.

3)

He clearly hits Jorge with an illegal knee on purpose, and instead of Jorge taking the DQ like he should have he continues, gets beat, then gets insulted at the end of the fight when Jorge tried to squash the beef. THEN on top of that he spits on his corner, why? because he cant handle banter to hype a fight? the guy is a mental midget for letting such petty things get to him, he's supposed to be a professional athlete and he says he wants to lead an example for his kids..are you serious? the first things that pops up on google for Bisping is the illegal knee and the Bisping's Isle video.

Also I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic with the wife comment...
40ouncetpkid
6/8/11 2:23:30AM
Honestly I was a fan of Bisping's on the TUF 3. I thought he was pretty good and exciting although he's not the most devastating striker by any means. Wasn't until Hamil completely destroyed and outclassed him and he said "go back to wrestling" after he got a robbery of a decision, he became the most low class person I've ever seen in combat sports and I love boxing just as much as MMA and I've never hated somebody as much as him since that night.
BigBadAl
6/8/11 4:22:11AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

1) He claimed Hamill couldnt beat him on TUF, made fun of him then proceeded to get his butt wooped at UFC 75, somehow getting the worst robbery in recent memory. Then acted like he deserved it instead of offering a rematch, of corse he didnt want to fight Hamill again, and Hamill was injured...

2) He spit water at Demarques Johnson on TUF like a little kid for something that wasnt even worthy of a shove, let alone a guy spitting water in a guys face then walking away like he didnt do anything wrong instead of facing him face to face.

3)

He clearly hits Jorge with an illegal knee on purpose, and instead of Jorge taking the DQ like he should have he continues, gets beat, then gets insulted at the end of the fight when Jorge tried to squash the beef. THEN on top of that he spits on his corner, why? because he cant handle banter to hype a fight? the guy is a mental midget for letting such petty things get to him, he's supposed to be a professional athlete and he says he wants to lead an example for his kids..are you serious? the first things that pops up on google for Bisping is the illegal knee and the Bisping's Isle video..

I am a English so of course I understand sarcasm. I too was being sarcastic. As is the title of this thread.

Sorry you had to waste your time making the same points that have been made over and over and over again. I feel bad now as you even went through the trouble of including gif's of incidents I have seen a hundred times bless you.

Maybe your post should be a sticky as it would serve as a good crash course in Bisping American History for those new to MMA
Cooler
6/8/11 3:01:46PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

3)

He clearly hits Jorge with an illegal knee on purpose, and instead of Jorge taking the DQ like he should have he continues, gets beat, then gets insulted at the end of the fight when Jorge tried to squash the beef. THEN on top of that he spits on his corner, why? because he cant handle banter to hype a fight? the guy is a mental midget for letting such petty things get to him, he's supposed to be a professional athlete and he says he wants to lead an example for his kids..are you serious? the first things that pops up on google for Bisping is the illegal knee and the Bisping's Isle video..

I am a English so of course I understand sarcasm. I too was being sarcastic. As is the title of this thread.

Sorry you had to waste your time making the same points that have been made over and over and over again. I feel bad now as you even went through the trouble of including gif's of incidents I have seen a hundred times bless you.

Maybe your post should be a sticky as it would serve as a good crash course in Bisping American History for those new to MMA

You know of these things and still dont get why people dont like him? thats quite jaded if you ask me..
BigBadAl
6/8/11 3:31:21PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

3)

You know of these things and still dont get why people dont like him? thats quite jaded if you ask me..

I didn't ask you. And I wouldn't ask you, because your opinion does not matter to me if you can't be bothered to read my post properly before you reply to it.

My 1st reply to you on this thread was....I don't know him. But I know why people don't like him. Just saying that if the woman you marry is fine then that should make you happier than watching a KO.
Cooler
6/8/11 3:55:22PM

Posted by BigBadAl

I didn't ask you. And I wouldn't ask you, because your opinion does not matter to me if you can't be bothered to read my post properly before you reply to it.

My 1st reply to you on this thread was....I don't know him. But I know why people don't like him. Just saying that if the woman you marry is fine then that should make you happier than watching a KO.

Yeah I misread your post, I admit it. But again I think he was being sarcastic
mrsmiley
6/8/11 7:51:07PM
Bisping just doesn't have the talent level to garner all the chances he's been given in the UFC. I'm not saying he's not talented but he's missed the boat more than once on proving he can be a contender and he still seems to get star treatment.
I get the fact that it's nice to keep a guy around that everyone loves to hate(in america) but the guy should at least be able to win a high caliber fight or two so people have a reason to hate him,and not simply make a joke of him.
I mean at least a guy like Tito WAS champion at one point.
Jekyll
6/8/11 8:18:18PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Bisping just doesn't have the talent level to garner all the chances he's been given in the UFC. I'm not saying he's not talented but he's missed the boat more than once on proving he can be a contender and he still seems to get star treatment.
I get the fact that it's nice to keep a guy around that everyone loves to hate(in america) but the guy should at least be able to win a high caliber fight or two so people have a reason to hate him,and not simply make a joke of him.

EXACTLY

i still think him winning against Hammil was a fix, a blind man saw that he was beaten, but what would that of done to DW and the UFC if the guy that was not allowed to continue on TUF beat the TUF winner in his first fight out. It would of squashed the UFCs poster boy in England. Out of all the MMA i have seen (and i have seen pretty much every UFC fight nearly every pride fight and most all of Pancrase) i have never seen that bogus of an outcome.

Bisping will never be more then a hyped gatekeeper...
BigBadAl
6/9/11 5:50:16AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Yeah I misread your post, I admit it. But again I think he was being sarcastic

Nobody's perfect
BigBadAl
6/9/11 6:07:14AM

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by mrsmiley

EXACTLY

i still think him winning against Hammil was a fix, a blind man saw that he was beaten, but what would that of done to DW and the UFC if the guy that was not allowed to continue on TUF beat the TUF winner in his first fight out. It would of squashed the UFCs poster boy in England. Out of all the MMA i have seen (and i have seen pretty much every UFC fight nearly every pride fight and most all of Pancrase) i have never seen that bogus of an outcome.

I agree that the Hammil decision was the wrong one but Bisping did not make that decision. He was in the cage at the time and if he felt he won then why should he not say so? I do know he acts like a twat sometimes but he is not the only one. All the time Jorge was giving him **** it was funny to everyone but it does seem like everyone was just waiting for Bisping to retaliate so they could jump on him for it. I don't condone Bispings reaction but why just breeze over what Jorge did? Bispings reaction gave all his haters what they were looking for. A reason to justify Jorge's behaviour.

In regards to the caliber of fighters he has beat. When Leben beat Simpson and Akiyama the opinion was that he was on a tear up and lots on hear were saying how he was close to a title shot. Bisping beat Leben and Akiyama and Miller but those don't seem to count? (no pun intended on count:) Plus he held up pretty well against Evans in a higher weight class considering Evans then went on the get the belt.

I am no Bisping fanboy but I do say it as I see it. I don't like the way he acts sometimes and I can say so when it happens, but people who hate Bisping can't seem to admit that they are so bias against him that they will always argue against him on every issue, no matter what.

mrsmiley
6/9/11 6:26:43AM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by mrsmiley

EXACTLY

I agree that the Hammil decision was the wrong one but Bisping did not make that decision. He was in the cage at the time and if he felt he won then why should he not say so? I do know he acts like a twat sometimes but he is not the only one. All the time Jorge was giving him **** it was funny to everyone but it does seem like everyone was just waiting for Bisping to retaliate so they could jump on him for it. I don't condone Bispings reaction but why just breeze over what Jorge did? Bispings reaction gave all his haters what they were looking for. A reason to justify Jorge's behaviour.

In regards to the caliber of fighters he has beat. When Leben beat Simpson and Akiyama the opinion was that he was on a tear up and lots on hear were saying how he was close to a title shot. Bisping beat Leben and Akiyama and Miller but those don't seem to count? (no pun intended on count:) Plus he held up pretty well against Evans in a higher weight class considering Evans then went on the get the belt.

I am no Bisping fanboy but I do say it as I see it. I don't like the way he acts sometimes and I can say so when it happens, but people who hate Bisping can't seem to admit that they are so bias against him that they will always argue against him on every issue, no matter what.

And his fight against Leben was the main event for an event entitled Leben vs Bisping.
As far as I can remember I believe he was the favirote to beat Akiyama and Miller(maybe just akikyama). Until he can beat a top guy I cannot nor will not warrant him the respect of a top tier fighter. Maybe that day will come and if it does props to him,but it's not here yet.