UFC 82 "PRIDE OF A CHAMPION" - 1st MARCH - Fight Card Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 82 "PRIDE OF A CHAMPION" - 1st MARCH - Fight Card Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: WHO WINS AND HOW?
SILVA KO/TKO 40% (48)
HENDERSON KO/TKO 21% (25)
SILVA SUBMISSION 7% (9)
HENDERSON SUBMISSION 2% (3)
SILVA DECISION 3% (4)
HENDERSON DECISION 26% (32)
JBatch
2/4/08 3:38:51PM
Televised Card
Champ Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo
Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner
Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson
David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez

PRELIMINARY CARD

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

Source mmajunkie.

I am pissed about this undercard. I mean I would be very happy if they just took the AA fight and the Leben fight and moved them to the UFC 83 main card.
CornishMMA
2/5/08 7:40:19AM
Errr ........ Thats no different to what i posted??? id already confirmed the card, mmajunkie are just slow

Id like to see those 2 fights as well but you need to replace 2 main card fights with that! Id lose Diego's fight in favour of Leben Sakara but thats it then
RedCloud
2/5/08 2:42:27PM
If you are paying the 50$ on PPV to watch UFC- You should see ALL the fights.
mk1630
2/5/08 3:54:56PM

Posted by RedCloud

And thats close to whats been happening lately. In the last 2 PPV's, we got to see 8 out of the 9 total fights on the cards. I think its great and theres no need for people to be complaining now. There shouldnt be any more "The UFC is trying to screw us over" posts on here.
Bowen50
2/5/08 6:42:19PM
Henderson by TKO (just a gut feeling)
Tanner by TKO
Herring by Split Decision (Gonna be a war)
Sanchez by TKO
Fitch by Submission
Koscheck by TKO
Arlovski by KO
Leben by Unanimous Decision
Cummo by KO
Gurgel by Submission
CornishMMA
2/6/08 6:27:31AM

Posted by mk1630

Posted by RedCloud

And thats close to whats been happening lately. In the last 2 PPV's, we got to see 8 out of the 9 total fights on the cards. I think its great and theres no need for people to be complaining now. There shouldnt be any more "The UFC is trying to screw us over" posts on here.

Yeah but dude thats just cos theres been quite a few quick fights, this event will surely have longer fights and just the usual 1 prelim shown at the end and then everyone will complain about the UFC not showing the other prelims, theres no reason it cant be a 4 hour ppv like the US PRIDE was
JBatch
2/6/08 4:28:14PM
Niiice the Leben fight has been moved to te main card and Diego dropped off. Thats what I call the UFC making the proper move. Diego has been nothing short of a dissappointment ever since losing to Kos, IMO. Leben has always put on a good show and this fight vs. Sakara will be no different.
CornishMMA
2/12/08 6:12:17AM
Yeah dude i agree its good matchmaking, would of been wrong to have Diego there and not Kos, especially as its going to be a better fight!

Quality main card I just hope Fitch wins quick and the Leben Sakara fight ends fairly quick as well so we can see a prelim or 2 as the others fight should go long!
hails
2/14/08 5:14:15AM
I so can't wait to UFC 82!!!

So many big names, it looks like the UFC is starting to listen to its fans!!!

They have put on a few very thin cards recently!!!

Big Timmy the cokes will be ice cold baby!!!!

emfleek
2/14/08 8:45:01AM
It's a sad day in the Fleek household...

I just received word that I will not be able to watch this event. I have to go to a friggin' dinner theatre with my girlfriend and parents.

Don't you just love it when plans are made and you're the last to know about them?

CornishMMA
2/14/08 12:04:51PM

Posted by emfleek

I just received word that I will not be able to watch this event. I have to go to a friggin' dinner theatre with my girlfriend and parents.

Don't you just love it when plans are made and you're the last to know about them?

Dude ........................................ lucky for you its a great time split up with your girlfriend id advise you get really drunk so she doesnt want you to go
hails
2/15/08 2:06:42AM
Why would you write that you are not able to watch one of the best UFC cards on paper in such a long time?

If you are on forums writing that you are a fair tool!!!!

As for me I will ask that my woman leaves the house stocked with snacks and leaves the house only to get pizza!!!

What a tool!!!!
Mayo
2/15/08 1:48:50PM
I just bought tickets to attend this event... it will be my first live event... I can't wait!
If anybody (who has never been to an event) is interested to hear how the experience is... I'll post back here about it later.
CornishMMA
2/15/08 2:09:19PM
Nice one dude - what an event to watch your 1st UFC live - 10 fights are bargainus! At least you dont have to worry about getting prelims shown

Its better when an event is on a Ohio etc, when they are in Vegas nobody is there for the prelims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wolfman
2/15/08 3:54:03PM

Posted by hails

Why would you write that you are not able to watch one of the best UFC cards on paper in such a long time?

If you are on forums writing that you are a fair tool!!!!

As for me I will ask that my woman leaves the house stocked with snacks and leaves the house only to get pizza!!!

What a tool!!!!

Dude, people have already told you....this isn't sherdog.
CornishMMA
2/19/08 9:19:38AM
Well. Not long to go now ................

Just hope we dont get any injuries, then again its not like there arent enough good fights on the prelims to promote

If I had to said to any of you exactly a year ago that in a years time there will be a UFC with Arloski/Diego/Koscheck all on the prelims you would of laughed uncontrollably
Kpro
2/25/08 12:56:41PM

Posted by emfleek

Purchase a slingbox and stream the feed through your PDA!
Webbie
2/25/08 10:53:18PM
Tonight will be the first time I actually make sure and catch the 'countdown' show for the event this Saturday. I'm getting more and more hyped every day. I'm hoping it's like 80 and 81 were, where the majority of the fights are finished atleast semi-quickly so we can see nearly the entire card.
KlobberYoFace
2/26/08 1:35:32AM
Henderson takes this in the late third or early fourth via side mount strikes for a tko victory and the belt. On the feet Anderson will land some accurate and slick shots, but I don't see him lighting up Hendo. Hendo might have the most underrated fightgame in all of MMA honestly. This will more than likely be a fight of the year candidiate the matchup is beautiful.....Herring decision, arlovski via ko that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, diego will suffer an upset from bielkhaudsen, fitch, okami, and im pretty sure sakara will take their fights as well.
CornishMMA
2/27/08 7:15:59AM

Posted by Webbie

Tonight will be the first time I actually make sure and catch the 'countdown' show for the event this Saturday. I'm getting more and more hyped every day. I'm hoping it's like 80 and 81 were, where the majority of the fights are finished atleast semi-quickly so we can see nearly the entire card.

Yeah i hear that! Thats the only trouble with having 5 prelims, you wanna see most of them
Throwdown
2/27/08 8:48:25AM
I AM SO READY FOR THIS CARD AND THIS FIGHT. I really hope Henderson wins for a majority of reasons, mostly because if he doesn't Silva will go uncontested - and I really doubt Hendo will stick around in MW to do a rematch...

I've actually been thinking about putting $100 bucks on Hendo to win... but it's making me nervous lol
CornishMMA
2/28/08 6:08:40AM
LOL i wouldnt if i was you dude, not if you WANT him to win a 50/50 fight, always best to wager on the other guy so you win either way
CornishMMA
2/29/08 1:54:11PM
What is up with the UFC and their new photos of fighters? Are they trying to save on electricty by not having proper lighting? Or are they trying to do arty farty photos for no apparent reason? Either way look at the old and new photos for Gurgel for example
NEW
OLD

1st post updated with other new pics - see what shape Tanner is in and look at Cummos scary demeanor and facial hair
Stills79
2/29/08 4:18:01PM
Best bet of the night is LUKE!! -160
Pookie
3/1/08 12:20:14AM

Posted by Stills79

wha...?

As opposed to okami at -120 and Luigi at +215?
CornishMMA
3/1/08 2:05:49PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Stills79

wha...?

As opposed to okami at -120 and Luigi at +215?

LOL i give Luigi very little chance to win, there are way better wagers but yeah Luke is the best sure thing bet - Okami not far behind tho
MMA
3/2/08 12:54:42AM
I don't know what's next for Silva. He pretty much cleared out the division. The dude is a beast!
ToeZup
3/3/08 11:19:05AM
^^^ Yeah he is.

Anyone notice Dan Henderson's suffocation tactics?
Yeah I know it's not illeagal but come on.
That seemed to be a little harsh imo. What do you guys think?
RampageOwnedYou
3/3/08 3:41:41PM
Herb Dean

Man did anyone notice last week's fight how he did not hear the bell in the Spratt fight???

Well to make it hard on him, and funny.
Did anyone notice in the Silva, Hendo fight, end of round 1. 2 Air horns went off at the same time.
But funny thing is, all the other fights, it was only 1 air horn, but for Herb, they throw in an extra air horn so he can hear it?

Must say I had a good chuckle, just curious if anyone else noticed it.
Guess they didnt want another Pete Spratt incident to happen.
jiujitsufreak74
3/3/08 6:26:25PM

Posted by ToeZup

^^^ Yeah he is.

Anyone notice Dan Henderson's suffocation tactics?
Yeah I know it's not illeagal but come on.
That seemed to be a little harsh imo. What do you guys think?

yes i noticed it. it was pissing me off for a bit and i found myself getting really worked up about it. i know it is a strategy to win but it is very dirty. he was practically grabbing Silva's mouth and nose. it was definitely "bush league" as they say in baseball but i guess it wasn't illegal so i can't complain too much. however, his dirty tactic was to no avail and he lost anyway. i am glad someone else brought it up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3