Preliminary 2010 NFL draft prospects

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Preliminary 2010 NFL draft prospects
hippysmacker
4/27/09 6:43:37PM
As draftniks me and some buddies are already talking next year. Thought some of you might be too. So here is my preliminary top prospects available draft list for 2010.

1. Sam Bradford- QB- OKLA
2. Greg Hardy- DE- MISS.
3. Gerald McCoy-DT-OKLA
4. George Selvie- DE/OLB- S. FLA
5. Russ Okong- OT- OKLA. ST.
6. Terence Cody- NT- ALA.
7. Cirron BLack- OT-LSU
8. Colt McCoy- QB- TEX
9. NDAmuking Suh- DT- NEB
10. Jermaine Gresham- TE- OKLA
11. Taylor MAys-FS- USC
12. Trevard Lindley- CB- KY
13. Mark Herzlich- OLB- BC
14. Sergio KIndle- OLB- TEX
15. Trent Williams- OT-OKLA
16. CJ Spiller- RB- CLEM
17. Tim Tebow- QB- FLA
18. Brandon Lafell- WR- LSu
19. Brandon Spikes- ILB- FLA
20. Adam Ulatowski- OT- TEX
21. Chris Dunlap-DE- FLA
22. Arrelius Benn- WR- ILL
23. Eric Berry- S- Tenn.
24. Sean Witherspoon- OLB- MIss
25. Demarcus Granger- DT- OKLA
26. Sam Young-OT-ND
27. Jordan Shipley- WR- Tex
28. Joe Haden-CB- FLA
29. Daniel LeFevour- QB- C. MICH.
29. Chris Brown -RB-OKLA
30. Kyle Wilson-CB- BOISE ST.
31. Antonio Coleman- OLB- AUB
32. Geno Atkins- DT- GA
Wolfenstein
4/27/09 7:09:27PM
Pretty solid list. I think the #1 overall pick will probably be a coin flip between Bradford, and Okung--depending upon team need.

Might just be some bias on my part, but I think Herzlich is a better prospect than Spikes, although Brandon will probably be first off the board--probably top ten.

Only guy off the top of my head that I would add in...Walter Thurmond III-DB-Oregon.
hippysmacker
4/27/09 7:34:12PM
Personally I have have Herzlich ranked higher, and think he's the best coverage linebacker I've seen in College in awhile. Kind of reminds me of Clay Mathews, although Mark has the frame to add more weight IMO. 4-3 OLB's generally go higher than inside, becuase they either rush the passer some , or have to cover TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield more often. 3-4 OLB's obviously are the most valued becuase their main job is to rush the passer. If either showed that kind of skill regularly I would rank them even higher.
mkiv9secsupra
4/27/09 7:56:49PM
I cant agree with Sam Bradford being #1. He comes from a spread offense team and we all know those QB's rarely transition well to the NFL. Its the same reason a guy like Graham Harroll(sp?) wasnt even drafted. He had better numbers all around than lots and lots of QBs but the spread offense QBs are waaaayyyy to risky to be a #1 pick...... + Colt McCoy is a better QB, if a QB goes first it will be him.

But i guess it will come down to how desperate teams need QB's, which at this point dont look very needy.
Twenty20Dollars
4/27/09 8:01:55PM
Graham and Chase Daniels werent drafted but they were signed by teams today.

I dont think Bradford will go #1 with a lot of questions, with the offense he ran and hasnt really been pressured as a QB.

Tebow will drop because who knows what teams will do with him.
Wolfenstein
4/27/09 8:07:58PM
True enough regarding the spread offense, although I think Bradford is skilled enough to work in any system.

I think everyone will underestimate Tebow. A lot of people don't think his game will translate well to the NFL,but that guy is just a winner through and through. Should he be succesful, I think any team would be pleased with him as the face of their franchise.
mkiv9secsupra
4/27/09 8:09:42PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Graham and Chase Daniels werent drafted but they were signed by teams today.

Thats kinda my point. Of course all these top quality QBs will be signed by someone but to pass up a legit and proven LB or WR etc over a QB that has never run a pro style offense and never get pressured is a big gamble and one im not sure many teams will risk....unless, of course, the Raiders want to try a new way of screwing themselves over
The_Metal_Maniac
4/27/09 9:18:59PM
Taylor Mays will make one hell of a pro
Twenty20Dollars
4/27/09 10:14:41PM
well it will be interesting to see what the raiders will do will that high draft pick again. Unless they start jeff garcia.
hippysmacker
4/28/09 2:57:32AM
Actually the spread offense OKLA runs is more akin to the" greatest show on Turf" (Mike Martz designed rams offense) than it is to the "spread " most college teams run. Fla, West Virginia, Texas Tech , and even Texas run a very simple attack. In it QB makes at most 2 reads then runs if he doesn't see someone open. Oklahoma's offense is designed for the QB to go through his entire read progression. So it actually helps his abilty to read defenses ,and helps his pro stock IMO. It's not a straight up pro style like USC, but the Patriots have run a similar offense to Oklahoma's for the last 2 years. So McCoy and Tebow are behind Bradford in my book. That doesn't mean both can't succeed, but it will be a bigger adjustment. I have heard Tebow has been lobbying for more pro style reads this year, although I don't know about McCoy. With his long delivery, strong arm,and athletic ability Tebow reminds me of Randall Cunningham. If I had to bet on one over the other I would pick Tebow. I just think he has that " IT" factor, and desire to succeed you need to make it in the NFL. Also, Bradford reminds me of Kurt Warner and McCoy reminds me of Steve Young. That doesn't mean they will be as good as any of them of course, but the potential is there in my book.
tberg420
4/28/09 3:25:32PM
Seems like another draft where quality picks can be found in the 2nd to final rounds. I'm certainly glad that my Panthers traded away next year's 1st Round pick. They really need a rookie cap on the contracts.
hippysmacker
4/30/09 4:10:46AM
Just saw this Fox analyst list. Thought I would post any I came across here, just to show how much opinions change from now till draft day.

Fox sports early NFL draft mock -4/29/09
hippysmacker
4/30/09 4:15:56AM
mkiv9secsupra
4/30/09 8:10:33AM
i always love seeing how very minor variances is statistics can either propel you to a number 1 pick or shoot you down from a top 10 to a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. its funny seeing a LB(for example) get 2 sacks his freshman year then 5 his next and maybe 9 his junior year then in his senior year he only gets 6 and the "draft experts" automatically him count out as a top pick even though he has shown he is improving greatly annually.
hippysmacker
4/30/09 9:40:54AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i always love seeing how very minor variances is statistics can either propel you to a number 1 pick or shoot you down from a top 10 to a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. its funny seeing a LB(for example) get 2 sacks his freshman year then 5 his next and maybe 9 his junior year then in his senior year he only gets 6 and the "draft experts" automatically him count out as a top pick even though he has shown he is improving greatly annually.

Yep. If they come out last year, William Moore and Michael Johnson probably both go top 10. Moore definitely would ,as his junior year was phenomenal. Instead, Johnson plays lazy and , Moore gets hurt but plays( not so well) through it. Moore goes late 2nd, and I think when healthy this will prove to be a steal. Jhonson goes early third to he team that drafts all workout superstars no matetr what they do on tape- The raiders If Jhonson gets motivated again, and takes to NFL coaching, the Raiders would actually have made a good pick.
gartface
4/30/09 4:40:59PM
Antonio Coleman is going to be a beast.
hippysmacker
5/1/09 3:07:43AM
roadking95th
5/4/09 12:11:16PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

True enough regarding the spread offense, although I think Bradford is skilled enough to work in any system.

I think everyone will underestimate Tebow. A lot of people don't think his game will translate well to the NFL,but that guy is just a winner through and through. Should he be succesful, I think any team would be pleased with him as the face of their franchise.

I thought Tebow looked a little high on the list. I don't believe he could be good in a Pro-Style offense. However, if Pat White tears it up for my Dolphins in the WildCat, which they are planning to use a lot this year, Tebow very well could go in the first.

On your point, Tebow is a class act and would be a great rep for any team!

Hippy, do you like draftniks? Do they cover fanatsy football? I wouldn't mind getting some info on the site. I like to get as many opinions as I can.
hippysmacker
5/4/09 5:55:00PM

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by Wolfenstein

I thought Tebow looked a little high on the list. I don't believe he could be good in a Pro-Style offense. However, if Pat White tears it up for my Dolphins in the WildCat, which they are planning to use a lot this year, Tebow very well could go in the first.

On your point, Tebow is a class act and would be a great rep for any team!

Hippy, do you like draftniks? Do they cover fanatsy football? I wouldn't mind getting some info on the site. I like to get as many opinions as I can.

I think you misunderstand me. I am a draftnik, but am not affiliated with any site other than this one. I am also a football coach, and a guy who just loves football in general. MMA is my second favorite sport, and I am not training to be a fighter , and my football knowledge faaaaaaaar outshines anything I know about MMA. To those of you guys who train regularly, and make a MMA a big part of your life, that's how I feel about football . Also, since we are going to be in the same fantasy football league this year, no advice till after the draft.
hippysmacker
6/21/09 10:53:12AM
Since we were previously talking about Tebow possibly making adjustments to play in the NFL , I thought some of you might be interested in this.

Tebow makes adjustments for the future
Mayhem13
6/21/09 12:19:55PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Yep. If they come out last year, William Moore and Michael Johnson probably both go top 10. Moore definitely would ,as his junior year was phenomenal. Instead, Johnson plays lazy and , Moore gets hurt but plays( not so well) through it. Moore goes late 2nd, and I think when healthy this will prove to be a steal. Jhonson goes early third to he team that drafts all workout superstars no matetr what they do on tape- The raiders If Jhonson gets motivated again, and takes to NFL coaching, the Raiders would actually have made a good pick.

If you are talking about Michael Johnson the defensive end out of GT, he went to the Bengals in the 3rd...I hope he doesn't play lazy, cause that could be a steal for us that late.

If your talking about somebody else though, then disregard this response! Haha
hippysmacker
6/21/09 2:22:32PM
Same guy. Has every tool possible, but played with a low motor last year to me . Didn't progress the way most people expected him too. While you see flashes of brilliance sometimes in games, more often not, you see a guy not playing to his abilty .A guy Doesn't finish, doesn't chase plays away from him, gives up if his initial move is stopped, and stands up too much of the line. No one that tall can afford anymore chances for people to get underneath you IMO.
Mayhem13
6/21/09 2:43:59PM
Yeah definately. I was disapointed at the lazyness he showed, and how he would just give up on plays...

Its really up to him I guess, but if he focuses and plays hard...I could see him having some success...and if Rey Rey can successfully make that transition to OLB for a year or so..until he gets the MLB job..then that would be a nice 2-3 round steals