UFC Plans Return To Germany

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Plans Return To Germany
DCRage
6/3/10 9:22:22AM
Die UFC ist wieder nach Deutschland kommen. Translation: The UFC is coming back to Germany. After a successful first show in 2009, it appears the promotion will be heading back to Germany sooner rather than later. They aren't backing down from the challenge of the local government that wants to take the sport off of television there. Never one to back down from a potential challenge, UFC president Dana White was adamant when asked about returning to Germany, and he says this year is the plan in motion right now. "We are doing a show," White said about returning to Germany in 2010. "One thing we don't do, we don't back down, and we don't curl up and climb into the closet when things don't go (our way). We're going to come out, guns a-blazing, and we're going to keep going."

Article
Chael_Sonnen
6/3/10 10:17:15AM

Posted by DCRage

Die UFC ist wieder nach Deutschland kommen. Translation: The UFC is coming back to Germany. After a successful first show in 2009, it appears the promotion will be heading back to Germany sooner rather than later. They aren't backing down from the challenge of the local government that wants to take the sport off of television there. Never one to back down from a potential challenge, UFC president Dana White was adamant when asked about returning to Germany, and he says this year is the plan in motion right now. "We are doing a show," White said about returning to Germany in 2010. "One thing we don't do, we don't back down, and we don't curl up and climb into the closet when things don't go (our way). We're going to come out, guns a-blazing, and we're going to keep going."

Article

I'm a little surprised that the UFC is going back there so quick. I went to the last show (UFC 99). I was expecting more of a warm embrace from the German fans....Good for the UFC to not "back down". Tough crowd though.

finnish_line
6/3/10 10:42:06AM

Was the 2009 show really "successful"?
DCRage
6/3/10 10:57:37AM
On paper it was. We had some great fights (Franklin-Silva, Cain-Kongo), the gate was pretty good, so yeah, I'd say it was a success despite the best efforts of the naysayers.
Chael_Sonnen
6/3/10 12:23:39PM

Posted by DCRage

On paper it was. We had some great fights (Franklin-Silva, Cain-Kongo), the gate was pretty good, so yeah, I'd say it was a success despite the best efforts of the naysayers.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the fight card...little bummed that Wand lost though
prozacnation1978
6/3/10 6:53:51PM
Germany doesn't deserve the ufc since the way they were treated and
Perceived. Why go somewhere where they are not wanted
cowcatcher
6/3/10 6:55:45PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Why go somewhere where they are not wanted

yeah, get to milwaukee Dana!!!!

please