BJ Penn on Georges St-Pierre turning down trilogy: ‘That’s why he’ll never be remembered’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn on Georges St-Pierre turning down trilogy: ‘That’s why he’ll never be remembered’
Braden
9/17/16 5:16:55PM
BJ Penn was hoping to make a trilogy fight with Georges St-Pierre happen upon his comeback, aiming at UFC 205 in November. But apparently, it is not a plan that GSP has in his immediate future, as he feels it is a risk that is not worth taking.

“I remember when I fought him the first time, when he was nobody, I didn’t think about it being risky for my legacy,” Penn said in an interview with Rapid Fire. “That’s why I believe, when all this is said and done, that’s why I’ll be remembered but he will never be remembered.”

“You know, Anderson Silva was there, he could have fought Anderson Silva, but he never fought Anderson Silva for his legacy. Just as a rule of thumb, for myself personally, I don’t live thinking about my legacy. I’ll fight. I want to fight anyone, you know?”

Link
Shawn91111
9/17/16 5:34:44PM
He beat you twice BJ, the last wasn't even close. A trilogy should at least have both fighters having 1 win over the other, not down 0-2.
Nathan_Arizona
9/17/16 5:58:49PM
Trilogy Sans-Rubber.
BruceFukkinLee
9/17/16 6:08:10PM
BJ has always been a jealous, whiny bitch who could have been one of the greatest but didn't have the work ethic.... definitely the kind of "Legacy" every fighter wants attached to his name.
aussiemma
9/17/16 6:16:51PM
Let's see how he goes against Lamas, I have a feeling he will get wrecked, not as embarrassing as the last Edgar fight but still I think it will be bad
george112
9/17/16 6:31:32PM

Posted by BruceFukkinLee

BJ has always been a jealous, whiny bitch who could have been one of the greatest but didn't have the work ethic.... definitely the kind of "Legacy" every fighter wants attached to his name.

I swear whiny bitch is EXACTLY what came to my mind when I read the thread title

To me he is just butthurt because he was trying to get a huge payday out of that fight, but he got denied lol

bj use to be cool, but now I am not so sure
Nathan_Arizona
9/17/16 6:48:00PM
After their last fight, didn't BJ get his Mom to testify for him in Grease-gate? WHO DOES THAT???!!!!!!
TerrorofsesameST
9/17/16 9:13:22PM
I loved watching the old BJ Penn, a legend, a pioneer, an icon ..all the above. But bad mouthing a guy who trashed you in your prime and would smash you now isn't really smart. I don't think he beats Lamas next month. I wish he would have stayed retired.
CaseyJones
9/18/16 8:46:25AM
Won't be remembered by BJ Penn.......

Coke is a hell of a drug...
RhythmAndStyle
9/18/16 10:19:00AM
the shit MMA fighters say..smh lol
jae_1833
9/18/16 3:33:25PM
What a weird statement, the man on the Mt Rushmore of MMA GOATs not being remembered? From a guy whom some think belong near him? Maybe it is the cocaine...who knows?
finnish_line
9/19/16 10:12:02AM
When I read the headline I thought, "Did he win their first fight? I don't think he won their first fight." Sure enough, he did not and should shut up.

Fight Nik Lentz.
Iamsocrates
9/19/16 12:59:39PM
GSP will always be remembered. BJ who said that?