Paulo Filho is out of his Bellator fight with Hector Lombard

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paulo Filho is out of his Bellator fight with Hector Lombard
jae_1833
5/8/10 2:27:25AM
link
Former WEC champion Paulo Filho is out of his Bellator fight with Hector Lombard, apparently because of visa issues. The Brazilian middleweight says that he has not been abke to obtain the necessary paperwork to fight in the US on May 13th.

“It seems the event took too long in sending out the letter I needed to present at the consulate and I’m not sure but it could be there was some kind of failure on the part of my managers. So, I won’t get my visa in time,” he told Gracie Mag.
hate4thestate
5/8/10 5:47:44AM
imagine that...
DCRage
5/8/10 6:56:09AM
False for now. Bellator's CEO says it's still on.

Article
hate4thestate
5/8/10 7:12:53PM
lol i stand corrected.
Playground_Samurai
5/8/10 8:05:25PM

Posted by DCRage

Article

I've thought that this fight wouldn't happen since the moment I heard it was scheduled. I'll believe it when the cage door closes and Filho and Lombard are standing across from one another.
Pookie
5/8/10 8:11:06PM
I like how Bellator handles these issues. They're really good. Not just this, but with the Askren Thomas thing too.
Svartorm
5/9/10 10:23:09PM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by DCRage

Article

I've thought that this fight wouldn't happen since the moment I heard it was scheduled. I'll believe it when the cage door closes and Filho and Lombard are standing across from one another.

Agreed. I predict something else comes up as soon as Filho finds out he'll get his visa in time.
prozacnation1978
5/10/10 4:37:13PM
I thought the fight was still on