Paul Daley Unhappy With The Method Of His UFC Dismissal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paul Daley Unhappy With The Method Of His UFC Dismissal
DCRage
9/10/10 4:30:44PM
He's not unhappy with getting Das Boot, he's unhappy with the fact that Dana White didn't tell it to him personally. "[Knowing] Dana White's character, I would have expected nothing less than getting kicked out of the UFC. He could have done it a little more gracefully and told me personally. To this day I've still never heard nothing from Dana. With all the talk Dana gives and the attitude of being a big man that he is, he could have at least came to my face and said 'Paul, I don't respect what you did, I think you're an (expletive) or a jerk or whatever, you're not going to fight here again. But still to this day, I've had no phone call, no e-mail, no nothing, so that just goes to show the treatment I received having fought [Martin] Kampmann at late notice, and fought co-main event on my second fight in the UFC, and done a bunch of media work for them in the U.K. There's some things I don't agree with, but I'm happy to move on. The UFC is the UFC. It's like a secret society type club, there's a lot of favoritism going on and all kinds of [expletive]."

Article
telnights
9/10/10 4:46:03PM
He doesn't sound disgruntle at all .

Why would Dana want to talk face to face with him. Paul had attacked and sucker punched someone because he lost. How would he act if someone told him he is fired and will never fight for them again?
DCRage
9/10/10 5:38:41PM
But wouldn't you want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth? (In this case Dana)
DeadHead988
9/10/10 6:12:55PM
While what Daley did was wrong, he has a valid point. Also, if I recall correctly, Melvin Guillard attacked an opponent after the bell too (in addition to his cocaine use) and now he's on the main card of an upcoming event. WTF?
Jackelope
9/10/10 6:48:27PM
Dana doesn't need to hand him his walking papers in person. I don't care whether he should or not. Daley should have never put the UFC in a position where any of this would matter. He's the one who screwed his career up. It's not the UFC's fault and it's not Dana White's fault. It's Paul Daley's fault. Paul Daley. Paul Daley. Paul Daley screwed his own career up. Now go fight in some low level promotion.
Giant_Ochai
9/10/10 7:29:57PM
Daley deserved worse. I would have had no issue with Daley getting arrested for what he did.
JoeWarren33
9/10/10 7:45:25PM

It's Paul Daley's fault. Paul Daley. Paul Daley. Paul Daley screwed his own career up. Now go fight in some low level promotion.

Now that's alot of Paul Daley's in one sentence! ;-)

I take it you don't like him?

It's funny to. I actually like Koscheck and even I, wanted to punch him after that boring fight!
mrsmiley
9/10/10 8:01:30PM
Daley knew the second he sucker punched Koscheck it was time to say goodbye to his UFC career. What does it matter what Dana did or didn't do?
Jackelope
9/10/10 8:25:29PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

It's Paul Daley's fault. Paul Daley. Paul Daley. Paul Daley screwed his own career up. Now go fight in some low level promotion.

It's funny to. I actually like Koscheck and even I, wanted to punch him after that boring fight!

No I actually think Paul Daley is a really entertaining fighter. I just didn't like his actions and I especially don't like people who try to shift the blame. I say Paul Daley so much because when situations like this happen it seems like these guys need to have it drilled into their heads that they're the ones being a pain in the ass, not the other way around.

To me what he did was cause himself to be just a waste of supreme talent. And I hate to see that.
MaxOne
9/10/10 9:09:10PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by JoeWarren33

No I actually think Paul Daley is a really entertaining fighter. I just didn't like his actions and I especially don't like people who try to shift the blame. I say Paul Daley so much because when situations like this happen it seems like these guys need to have it drilled into their heads that they're the ones being a pain in the ass, not the other way around.

To me what he did was cause himself to be just a waste of supreme talent. And I hate to see that.

it didn't sound like he was trying to shift the blame. He said he didn't have a problem with getting the boot. That's him saying he screwed up and he knows it. I think it's fair for him to explain what he doesn't like about the ufc or the way his dismissal was handled. Either way he was an idiot...he seems to know that but he's still got the right to vent about the crap that bothers him if he want....whether or not he should is totally different :)
Jackelope
9/10/10 9:19:43PM

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by JoeWarren33

it didn't sound like he was trying to shift the blame. He said he didn't have a problem with getting the boot. That's him saying he screwed up and he knows it. I think it's fair for him to explain what he doesn't like about the ufc or the way his dismissal was handled. Either way he was an idiot...he seems to know that but he's still got the right to vent about the crap that bothers him if he want....whether or not he should is totally different :)

Fair enough, but IMO this guy has no right to bash on anybody. That's just my opinion, though. Everyone is entitled to their own. And I'm usually the last person to defend Dana
RearNakedJoke
9/10/10 9:33:04PM

He could have done it a little more gracefully and told me personally.

Daley could have taken losing more gracefully. Dana isn't your father, he doesnt owe you a lecture about how disappointed he is in you.

Also, if I recall correctly, Melvin Guillard attacked an opponent after the bell too

only incident i remember was when he got choked out by Rich Clementi and rich shoved his face into the mat after the ref stopped it. the big difference in this is Melvin didnt do anything once the ref intervened and Paul Daley told the ref he's cool and pushed past him then punched kos in the face.

(in addition to his cocaine use)

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
warglory
9/10/10 9:42:07PM
You can say whatever you want about Dana White, but saying that he doesn't have the balls to give you your walking papers is clearly incorrect, because if Dana has one thing, it's the ability to talk **** straight to your face, fighter or no fighter, I think he has proven that.
Aether
9/10/10 9:48:53PM
Yeah, you really deserved that level of respect after committing assault in the middle of his PPV. That's a lot of nerve IMO. He ****** up big time and he really doesn't deserve any amount of respect from anyone in the UFC after that.

Pulling a stunt like that is effectively spitting in Dana's face after being given the opportunity to prove himself in his organization. Dana is a promoter, his entire job is to try to make the UFC look good. What Daley did helped invalidate quite a bit of Dana's effort to convince nay-sayers of the legitimacy of the sport and the level of professionalism of its competitors.

Dana owes Paul Daley nothing. He was given a golden ticket to his dream job and he spit directly in the face of his employer by blemishing their brand with his childish outburst. Dana should've sent the ******* janitor to fire this guy, he deserves zero respect from anyone in my books.

This article really just validates that what we saw at the end of the Koschek fight is Daley's personality. He's a very pompous, entitled person with a lot of growing up to do.
meier
9/10/10 10:05:51PM
BeeR
9/11/10 5:25:04AM
I agree with Paul Daley, Dana should have handled it different..........he should have snuck up behind Daley in his locker room, called him on his cell phone, told him he's fired, then sucker punched him right in the mouth
Gogoplatapus
9/11/10 11:21:44AM
...and I bet he expects a contract offer after missing weight for Shark Fights.
prozacnation1978
9/11/10 8:05:42PM
funny he is saying it now when it happened 4 months ago
Jackelope
9/11/10 10:20:18PM

Posted by tcunningham

whatever man. kos is an ass sometimes but he never pulled the B.S. that daley did. besides, wheres the proof that kos said racial slurs. thats absurd. good ridence to daley. hes a punk.

Exactly, and even if he did say them that was DURING the fight. Which is perfectly OK in my opinion. You can talk whatever kind of smack you want inside the octagon when the fight is on IMO. It's all about getting in your opponents' head and making them make mistakes. After it's over, though.. that's when the punches stop.
legalbuddy
9/12/10 3:54:45PM
Man I know how he feels. I got fired from Microsoft and that MF'er Gates didn't even give me a damn call. It's like WTF? I did such good programing for you guyz. I mean sure I did take a dump on one of my my co-workers desk, but WTF Gates, not even a phone call??
bjj1605
9/12/10 11:58:04PM
I got fired once. I wasn't very happy either.