Patrick Côté: I’m Fighting Drew McFedries at UFC Fight Night 12

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Patrick Côté: I’m Fighting Drew McFedries at UFC Fight Night 12
adamsb
11/22/07 2:06:26AM
UFC middleweight Patrick Côté (11-4 MMA, 2-4 UFC) figured he’d next fight in February; instead the fighter will take on hard-hitting Drew McFedries (6-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 12 on Jan. 23.

link
Jackelope
11/22/07 2:17:18AM
If this is really the case then someone is gonna get knocked out. Probably our boy Cote haha
DustinT
11/22/07 4:44:41AM
cote by ud
stickyhash421
11/22/07 4:53:44AM
i dont know cote can take a wicked punch, if you dont believe me watch the leben/cote fight, not saying mcfedries cant KO him but we havnt seen drews chin yet, kampmann didnt really hurt him at all. i have to go with cote but could easily go the other way
CornishMMA
11/22/07 7:46:43AM

Posted by DustinT

cote by ud

LOL i couldnt disgree more bud, i know its been said before that a fight holds a guaranteed KO but really this fight MUST!

WICKED FIGHT TO MAKE

Man this Fight Night is going to KICK ARSE AND ASS!
nickcuc547
11/22/07 8:42:12AM
this is not a good matchup for cote, patrick is tough but he likes to stand and mcfedries has ridiculous punching power. you have to give cote a chance though because if he takes it to the ground mcfedries is like houston alexander. but i still gotta say mcfedries by ko.
gspgnp
11/22/07 8:55:03AM
all i have to say is....cote,cote cote coooooote

Wicked fight, 1st round KO for the predator
CornishMMA
11/22/07 9:18:35AM

Posted by gspgnp

you sure you arent allowing youre national pride cloud your judgement bud?

I do like Cote but you got to remember he only has that 1 UFC win, ok he fought really tough guys and was a bit unlucky but Drew aint gonna be hurt like Grove was, and if its a pure striking battle i think you have to take Drew cos he just seems too good with too much ko power
SPARX
11/22/07 10:29:54AM
Cote by TKO in the first round
kevietre
11/22/07 10:30:14AM
McFedries via Jordan Radev KO
gspgnp
11/22/07 11:42:48AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by gspgnp

you sure you arent allowing youre national pride cloud your judgement bud?

I do like Cote but you got to remember he only has that 1 UFC win, ok he fought really tough guys and was a bit unlucky but Drew aint gonna be hurt like Grove was, and if its a pure striking battle i think you have to take Drew cos he just seems too good with too much ko power

Yeah your right. I mean no offense whatsoever, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, my opinion is just as assholish and biased as everyone else's.
Obviously I'm biased and I like the good ol' french canadian boys like myself. That been said, my opinion remains the same. 1st round KO for the predator.
cmill21
11/22/07 11:49:59AM
Well at least this ensures we'll see a ton of highlights on sports net!
Boo_Radley21
11/22/07 12:54:57PM
That's gonna be a war with Cote having his hand raised at the end and McFedries laying broken on the ground. Cote round 2 TKO.
madmarck
11/22/07 1:51:35PM

Posted by nickcuc547

this is not a good matchup for cote, patrick is tough but he likes to stand and mcfedries has ridiculous punching power. you have to give cote a chance though because if he takes it to the ground mcfedries is like houston alexander. but i still gotta say mcfedries by ko.

Ridiculous punching power you say?
Wathc UFC 50: Tito Oriz vs Patrick Cote.
Or Simply Cote vs Grove will do.
I think Cote has the ground advantage in this fight too.
PS: COTE by KO
i hope everyone picks Drew to win the fight so Cote is a underdog and i win more money!
tuvok500
11/22/07 2:04:33PM
I think Cote will control the fight and will use the fence to neutralize his opponent, he is training with greg jackson since his fight with Grove ( not full time but he was there for some week ) and i think he will be able to manage a TKO !!
he won the KO of the night against Grove so he is not broken and i think he will be able to return to Greg's camp !!

Cote rd 1 tko !!!

Jackelope
11/22/07 2:27:48PM
Don't forget that before Cote finished off Grove the fight wasn't exactly 100% in his favor. It was back and forth, back and forth.

IMO McFedries has standup way more dangerous than Grove, and obviously KO power to the max. Watch Tito vs. Cote? Not really sure where you're going with that one. Although it was impressive for him to go that far against Tito while taking the fight on short notice.

I know Cote has some dangerous hands, and I do like Cote, but honestly he's often times seemed on the verge of finishing without actually finishing. Compared to McFedries who has won all of his fights except for one decision via strikes (whether they were submission from strikes or straight KO/TKOs) It is undoubted that he has KO power. So much so that Kampmann didn't even remember most of their fight.
jae_1833
11/22/07 2:33:27PM
I seriously doubt that the Militech fighter is going to be outboxed any time soon, if Cote wants to win he'd better control this fight so that he has a chance for a submission or GNP win.
Sam_Rothstein
11/22/07 2:47:03PM
Im going with the miletech boy on this one

Mcfedries by knock out round 1

Drew has the best hands in the middleweight division
madmarck
11/22/07 8:32:19PM

Posted by jae_1833

I seriously doubt that the Militech fighter is going to be outboxed any time soon, if Cote wants to win he'd better control this fight so that he has a chance for a submission or GNP win.

by "outboxed any time soon" do you mean again?
UFC 42 - Pete Spratt outstuck Robbie Lawler
UFC 47- Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler

UFC 66- GSP vs Hughes
jae_1833
11/23/07 11:38:00AM
Those first two examples were like 3 or 4 years ago, since then Lawler has KOed 6 of his last 8 opponents. I was really just saying that the fighters that Militech trains tend to be strikers, and if Cote stands with Drew (which he will) then he will end up getting KOed. If Cote wins it will probably be because of the clinch and ground game.