Ortiz guarantees victory

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ortiz guarantees victory
SmileR
5/19/08 11:07:18AM
"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy," Tito Ortiz, completes his contractual obligation with the Ultimate Fighting Championship when he steps in the octagon at UFC 84 against Lyoto Machida. Ortiz spoke with MMAWeekly about his training, his focus and his match up with the undefeated Brazilian.

"I'm really healthy. I feel great. I feel really, really good," said Ortiz. "I'm excited about this fight. I'm very focused. This fight means the world to me. I'm not just fighting myself. I'm fighting for every one of those fans, the Tito Ortiz fans that support me."

As excited as Ortiz is for his showdown with Machida, it wasn't the fight he wanted for his final bout in the UFC. "It doesn't matter who I fight to me. In the beginning I thought the Rashad Evans deal was supposed to happen," said the former UFC light heavyweight champion. "They built it, it was going to happen, and that's what I expected. And I know a lot of fans expected that."

"The UFC has their own game plan. They have their own ideas of how they want to run things, and I turned it down at first, saying why would I want to fight Lyoto? There's no reason to. But then I just started going on, and I was like, I don't really care. Whoever you want me to fight, I'll fight. That's really what it came down to. No diss toward Lyoto. He's a great fighter, undefeated, but I thought they were building the Rashad Evans fight. I wanted to fight Rashad again because I thought I beat him the first time."

Link
IriShame
5/19/08 11:13:06AM
Hmmm.... Ortiz sounds confident. Watch out Lyota.
juanez13
5/19/08 11:19:45AM

Posted by IriShame

Hmmm.... Ortiz sounds confident. Watch out Lyota.

i wouldnt worry much, after all Tito does Guarantee victory everytime he fights
Kracker_Jap
5/19/08 11:20:03AM
I am a long time fan of Ortiz and really would llike to see him win this fight.....

But when it comes to makin my playground pick I'm leaning towards Lyoto

what a crying shame
Styles
5/19/08 11:44:08AM
This could turn out to be very interesting. The only reason I took Mach over Tito is because I thought Tito's heart wasn't in this fight. Tito is a great fighter, but recently he has lacked alot. I figured because he was so confident against Liddell the first time and how he lost that it broke him. Then losing to Liddell a second time. I felt Tito's heart wasn't in the game when he fought Evans but i still feel that he beat Evans.

Machida is a great fighter but I dont think that his performance in the UFC has been all that great, only winning desicions against sam hoger, Nakamura and David Heath, but then again i fyou look at who he has fought, he did TKO Rich Franklin, he beat out B.J. Penn and he beat Vernon White who are all always dangerous opponents. Many will say that Mach's highlighti in his career thus far is finishing Soko which in all reality isn't saying alot... dont get me wrong, I have alot of faith in Soko, but Mach was in rear form that night.

If we get the same Mach that beat Soko, and we get the same intense Tito like against Shamrock, we may be in store for an epic fight. I dont see either of these guys actually finishing the other, but who will do enough to win the decision? Tito could be leaving the UFC with a big win on his hands and he knows that will eat Dana up. I will be pulling for Tito, but I have to make my pick with Mach.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/19/08 12:03:50PM
I can't believe I am rooting for Tito. I thought the game passed him bye 4 years ago. I will be picking Machida here on MMAPLAYGROUND but rooting for Tito.

I love how in the UFC if you are a marketable guy who is new they pay you great and tell everyone how you will soon be champ(Brock). Or you are very maketable but have a few loses and UFC can't/won'tpromote you anymore(Tito). It all seems a bit hypocritical.

I guess UFC wants guys they can market as the best and not guys who truelly are they best.
silverbullet
5/19/08 12:58:08PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

I love how in the UFC if you are a marketable guy who is new they pay you great and tell everyone how you will soon be champ(Brock). Or you are very maketable but have a few loses and UFC can't/won'tpromote you anymore(Tito). It all seems a bit hypocritical.

I guess UFC wants guys they can market as the best and not guys who truelly are they best.

go and troll somewhere else
hodge
5/19/08 2:16:48PM
This fight has snoozefest written all over it. I think its gonna be an Ortiz lay n pray split decision
Menard_StC
5/19/08 2:32:46PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

I can't believe I am rooting for Tito. I thought the game passed him bye 4 years ago. I will be picking Machida here on MMAPLAYGROUND but rooting for Tito.

I dont think it has anything to do with his losses.... he just doesn't want to be treated like garbage. He sees the boxers out there making millions and doesn't feel that the UFC takes care of thier fighters enough.

People talk about the game passing him by.. but he DID beat Forrest not long ago... and should have beaten Rashad if not for the point deduction....... In my book winning 2 out of 3 rounds is a win.

Tito is still a good fighter, nowhere near the icon he once was but he is solid... and certainly more then worthy of being in the UFC. He just doesn't get along with management and doens't like the way they do things.
whardin19
5/19/08 2:36:16PM
Doesn't Ortiz guarntee victory before every fight? I think this will end up being a good fight. Not a snooze fest like the other guy said.
imanidiot777
5/19/08 3:01:48PM
Here is my call:

Bell rings, they stand for a minute to feel each other out, maybe less, Ortiz shoots in for a take down and Lyoto submits him off his back within two minutes.

At least this is what I hope happens because I really don't like Tito. I think Machida is a beast and that would only make him more of a contender if not the top contender.
wrona666
5/19/08 4:43:42PM
I think Machida will finish Tito in this fight...I see a boring first round, and Machida finishing it with strikes in the second...
The-Don
5/19/08 6:20:03PM
Ortiz can guarantee the sun will rise tomorrow morning I am still not going to be going for him.. I am prediciting first round sub.... Its not like I don't like Ortiz... I simply just can't stand him.... Not going to deny his in ring skill.. but I love watching him lose.. andI thought Griffin was robbed..
kaskd
5/19/08 6:35:18PM
im an ortiz fan. i even picked him to win against Machida (and i really believe he will, not just praying). but if he does anymore interviews i might go crazy. All his interviews sound the same, with slight variations depending on where he's interviewing.

If it's some up and coming small mma site he complains about Dana White.
If it's a reputable site he says he's ready and prepared, and a little talk about pay if the interviewer is willing to stick around to hear the same old.
If it's one of the major mma news reporting sites he says i'm extremely pumped, and motivated oh yeah and i disagree with the UFC about ______. but i'll win and move on to better stuff.
Jackelope
5/19/08 7:05:21PM
Shut up about Tito vs. Rashad II, Tito! Nobody wanted to see the first snooze fest, and nobody wants to see the second snoozefest! You won the first one fair and square, the second fight wasn't marketable because it was boring, and nobody cares about you or Rashad.

I just want to run up to him and say that in person. Too bad he'd whoop my ass for saying it lol
Kpro
5/19/08 7:08:59PM

Posted by Jackelope

I just want to run up to him and say that in person. Too bad he'd whoop my ass for saying it lol

I think Tito would refuse to attack or defend himself if he wasn't being paid.

My money is on you.
RMFG_187
5/19/08 8:06:38PM
at first i thought

damn Tito is in big trouble. but now i am pulling for him to win. he will win via GnP in round 1.

TD, wont pass guard, and deliver dangerous elbows till Big Merg stops the fight
Cdellorso
5/19/08 8:32:57PM
Earlier someone was talking about Machidas impressive victories and mentionned penn- DID YOU SEETHAT FIGHT?? It was very close fight and BJ was at least 25 lbs overweight and still was outweighed by 25lbs... I really want to see a good fight- I have Tito as a dog but after reading his book "this is gonna hurt" I am now for the very 1st time cheering for Tito so he can go out on top.
iwannabesedated
5/19/08 8:36:10PM
Im really lookin forward to Titos' Interview after the fight.If they even give him one.

It'll pry be something like....Thanks to all my fans who support me,NO thanks to Dana White.You guys can see me in EXC fighting lesser competition making more money and i can probably be the champ there.After my big payday from EXC I'm going to get this rash on my testicles cleared up that Jenna Gave me also go on vacation and get her face botoxed and lips more enhanced.
89vision
5/20/08 3:43:37AM

Posted by wrona666

I think Machida will finish Tito in this fight...I see a boring first round, and Machida finishing it with strikes in the second...

^
^
^
^
^
^
< < < < < < Truth
Red-Dragon
5/20/08 8:14:00AM
If Machida can stuff Tito's take downs then poor old Tito is going to sleep.

If Machida can not stuff Tito's takedowns then poor old Tito is going to sleep.

Good night Tito.

Good luck in XC.