UFC Offers Couture The Nogueira Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Offers Couture The Nogueira Fight
DCRage
11/12/07 7:04:12PM
At a press conference today, Dana White made note of 2 news items. One was re-affirming his Sean Sherk stance, the other was offering HW Champion Randy Couture a fight against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Article
loller90278
11/12/07 7:11:55PM
hope couture agrees. that'd be one heck of a fight
wrona666
11/12/07 7:22:18PM
He should take this fight.........If coutoure passes on this fight i dont have much respect for him as a fighter anymore!!!!!
Mayhem13
11/12/07 7:39:11PM
I respect Couture for standing his ground and what he believes in.... but I think it would be a slap in the face of Nog, if Randy turns this down....stating that Fedor is the only fight that makes sense....because honestly I still rank Nog above Couture...and think that it would be a huige test for Randy
skateongrass91
11/12/07 7:40:25PM
i really hope he does, but to be honest i have my doubts that he will. he is getting old and wants to start acting, but i can never underestimate couture's fighting will so i hope to god it happens. Anyone have any predictions if the fight happens?
cmill21
11/12/07 7:42:42PM
Randy should accept this fight. He may think Fedor is all he has left to prove, but truth be told he hasn't fought a top Pride fighter, and Nog is definetly one of them.
nickcuc547
11/12/07 8:02:02PM
there is no chance he takes this fight, it will be nog vs. big tim for the title.
tuvok500
11/12/07 8:07:59PM
Hope randy will accept the fight !!

backalley101
11/12/07 8:17:34PM
Like he needs the respect of some guy on MMM playground
kerazzle
11/12/07 8:17:48PM
Nogueira is definitely going down as a legend. If it wasnt for fedor he'd be reguarded as the greatest heavyweight ever. Just look at his victories:

Cro Cop
Barnett
Kharitonov
Rodriguez
Werdum
Henderson
Herring

For Randy to dismiss him would be terrible, he hasnt accomplished half of what Nog has in the Heavyweight division.
wolfgarnaud
11/12/07 8:45:28PM

Posted by tuvok500

thats was hilarious

i hope he doesnt take that fight i dont care,
tuvok500
11/12/07 8:58:31PM

Posted by wolfgarnaud

Posted by tuvok500

thats was hilarious

i hope he doesnt take that fight i dont care,

i am pretty sure that the majority of peoples here DO CARE and that they would be very happy to see couture coming back in UFC !!

maybe you are not a real MMA fans and you don't care about a potentiel good fight, but i am, with alot of peoples here !!

when we don't care , we simply don't reply to the topic or to the positive post of a guy .

mrsmiley
11/12/07 9:00:53PM
Couture taking on Nog would be an instant classic.I think Nog would be the first oppenent to really test Coutures Ju-jitsu.At least the first one in a long time.I say either Couture by split decision/tko or Nog by sub.
Blizzard
11/12/07 10:04:11PM
Randy needs to take the fight and what ever the outcome then he can retire if it is the end of his contract.
John_Jobber
11/12/07 10:08:04PM
I think by Dana coming out publicly with this statement it shows that he's already approached this privately with Randy and was denied.

I personally would like to see the fight (I think it would be a great matchup) but will still support Couture in his decision to hold out for Fedor.

I know he REALLY cares about my personal support but I had to put it out there.

And also I agree, instead of saying you don't care about something just STFU and save the energy of typing it (and us having to read your negative opinion) in the first place...

jae_1833
11/12/07 10:44:29PM
I've been hoping for this fight since Zuffa bought out Pride, sure hope Randy goes for it.
Aether
11/12/07 11:19:18PM
Randy should offer to take the fight on the stipulation that Dana releases him from his contract and allows him to fight Fedor. Everyone wins.
Manak
11/12/07 11:29:23PM
good match-up, since randy likes the grind-out wars and stratgey matchs, nog only lost fedor and barrentt by split but came back to beat him, this could be a big statement match for both but mainly randy cause barrentt has beaten randy and fedor is fedor so clud be good to randy vs the top of the top
xAcidburNx
11/13/07 2:57:01AM
i really hope he takes this fight. this would be proof he deserves to fight fedor and itd be quiker to get out of the ufc to takes the 2 fights then get caught up in legal battles
Trench777
11/13/07 3:13:44AM
I would love Love LOVE to see this fight happen, but I'd sooner bet against Randy (which will never happen) before I'd bet this fight will happen.

Randy is selling the CAR Dana gave him, rather than have it around reminding him of the jerk. A total slap in the face towards a guy who is about as prideful as they come (Dana).

My guesstimation is that Dana is doing this for the sole purpose of making Randy look bad by not taking the fight and to make himself look like a good guy (Hey, all I wanna do, is give the fans the fights they wanna see! Its RANDY's fault, not mine! *bat eyes innocently & look hurt*)

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, maybe I'm being a conspirisist, but thats my take on it.

T777
DCRage
11/13/07 10:02:14AM
I'd say take the fight. True, Nog isn't Fedor but he's still one of the top Heavyweights in all MMA (Most rank him as a Top 3). Big fight means big crowds means big paydays. Either way, then randy can either leave afterwards and vacate the title or if Nog wins, he's the Champion and Randy's free to go to M-1 to finally face Fedor.
xAcidburNx
11/13/07 11:07:21PM

Posted by Trench777

I would love Love LOVE to see this fight happen, but I'd sooner bet against Randy (which will never happen) before I'd bet this fight will happen.

Randy is selling the CAR Dana gave him, rather than have it around reminding him of the jerk. A total slap in the face towards a guy who is about as prideful as they come (Dana).

My guesstimation is that Dana is doing this for the sole purpose of making Randy look bad by not taking the fight and to make himself look like a good guy (Hey, all I wanna do, is give the fans the fights they wanna see! Its RANDY's fault, not mine! *bat eyes innocently & look hurt*)

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, maybe I'm being a conspirisist, but thats my take on it.

T777

I totally agree. the word conspiricay was created by factions that are trying to discredit anything that sounds like the truth
Muay-Thai
11/14/07 12:28:18AM
Take it randy, take it