UFC 78 notes: Lightweights save the day

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 78 notes: Lightweights save the day
grappler0000
11/18/07 1:57:42PM
On a night in which the main matches didn't exactly live up to the hype, it was up to the lightweights on the undercard to supply the action.

Both Frank Edgar and Joe Lauzon made their statements in the crowded 155-lb. horse race. New Jersey native Edgar lit up his home-state crowd at the Prudential Center with a 15-minute clinic against tough Spencer Fisher, while Lauzon tore through previously unbeaten Jason Reinhardt in a non-televised preliminary match.

Link
wapttn
11/18/07 3:22:45PM
i'm pretty sure that the lauzon fight was televised.. was I the only one who got to see it?
MALICE
11/18/07 3:36:49PM

Posted by wapttn

i'm pretty sure that the lauzon fight was televised.. was I the only one who got to see it?

No. I saw it also. It was an awesome fight. Lauzon was vicious.
xAcidburNx
11/18/07 4:56:22PM
a lot of dumbshits in the bar i went to started leaving after the bisping/rashad fight. retards i swear. what i dont know is. did this fight happen before and they just replay the fight or does it happen after the main event ?
MALICE
11/18/07 4:59:33PM
It took place earlier in the night. They just play it afterwards because they had ppv time to fill.
Stills79
11/18/07 5:23:47PM
I would have payed to see the prelim fights instead of the main events. I feel ripped off.
Sam_Rothstein
11/18/07 10:06:16PM
The Edgar vs Fisher fight wasnt nearly as exciting as I imagined. I figured that would be fight of the night material

on the other hand Lauzon vs Reinhardt was a pretty fast paced fight and I loved it
wrona666
11/19/07 3:13:12PM
Some pretty weak main card fight i was very disapointed at the Fisher Edgar fight, they should have televised the Lytle fight, now that was an awesome fight.
xAcidburNx
11/19/07 3:37:14PM
so youve seen the lytle / alves fight. any chance you got a link or sumthing?
MALICE
11/19/07 5:08:08PM
I watch the prelim fights on UFC On Demand the following morning. Sorry, dont know of a free link to watch them.
xAcidburNx
11/20/07 4:00:34AM
wish i had a credit card
Khaos
11/20/07 6:01:45AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

The Edgar vs Fisher fight wasnt nearly as exciting as I imagined. I figured that would be fight of the night material

on the other hand Lauzon vs Reinhardt was a pretty fast paced fight and I loved it

I agree 100%, I imagined Fisher vs Edgar had potential for "Fight of the Night"
also, I mean it was a good fight, but it was nothing speicial, although I did enjoy the 2nd or 3rd round take down on Fisher(he was on the ground, Edgar grabs his leg and head then places his head under Fisher's chest and takes him down.