Nik Lentz out of UFC 216 fight with Will Brooks due to medical issues

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nik Lentz out of UFC 216 fight with Will Brooks due to medical issues
Braden
10/6/17 3:43:03PM
An American Top Team grudge match isn’t going to go down after all Saturday night.

Nik Lentz has been pulled from a fight with former teammate Will Brooks at UFC 216 in Las Vegas due to medical issues, the UFC announced Friday morning. Combat Press was the first to report the news.

Link
AndyWarho
10/7/17 12:08:47AM
It doesn't look like anyone is too brokenhearted about this.
Leonstolzz
10/7/17 12:51:49AM

Posted by AndyWarho

It's Nik Lentz. Nobody has cared about him in a LONG time. It's a shame Brooks won't be fighting but he'll probably have a quick turnaround and be back pretty soon. And honestly, this fight wasn't that interesting tbh.
tildengolfer
10/7/17 2:35:38AM

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by AndyWarho

It's Nik Lentz. Nobody has cared about him in a LONG time. It's a shame Brooks won't be fighting but he'll probably have a quick turnaround and be back pretty soon. And honestly, this fight wasn't that interesting tbh.

With all due respect. And I mean, allll due respect. Your opinion ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and dolphin gettin’ it on. I was looking forward to this fight. I look forward to Nik Lentz fights. While his style isn’t going to change, he still grinds and adds small improvements to his repertoire. And this fight was interesting to me.
Leonstolzz
10/7/17 3:59:16AM

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by AndyWarho

With all due respect. And I mean, allll due respect. Your opinion ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and dolphin gettin’ it on. I was looking forward to this fight. I look forward to Nik Lentz fights. While his style isn’t going to change, he still grinds and adds small improvements to his repertoire. And this fight was interesting to me.

Welp, I found him. I found the LAST Nik Lents fan on the planet. But seriously, I just don't think this fight was that interesting. Like you said, Lentz style isn't going to change, and his style isn't that fun to watch. Add to that that Lentz's cardio isn't what it once was, and knowing how in his last fight against Makhachev he looked pretty bad, and knowing that Brooks was most likely was just going to wrestle him to the ground the whole fight like Makhachev did, I wasn't really looking forward to it.
airkerma
10/7/17 8:21:38AM
I was looking forward to it as well. Lentz has always been tough and Brooks hasn't looked that great in the UFC yet. It was a chance to see if Brooks was overrated or just hadn't got himself together yet. I doubt it would have been a total snoozer.
Imo all fights, aside from the fat heavy weights, are worth watching.
AndyWarho
10/7/17 8:29:57AM
"Imo all fights, aside from the fat heavy weights, are worth watching. " Hey those fat guys sometimes put on some real slobber knockers.
Ninja_Nicoya
10/7/17 8:54:12AM
That sucks. Any replacement?