MMAWEEKLY WORLD MMA RANKINGS UPDATED (10th OCT)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMAWEEKLY WORLD MMA RANKINGS UPDATED (10th OCT)
CornishMMA
10/10/07 1:30:46PM
The latest MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings were released on Wednesday, October 10. This system ranks the top ten MMA fighters from all across the world in each of the six largest weight classes, as voted on by MMAWeekly.

We take into consideration a fighter's performance in addition to his win-loss record, head-to-head and common opponents, difficulty of opponents, and numerous other factors in what is the most comprehensive rankings system in the sport.

As always, fighters who are currently serving drug-related suspensions are not eligible for top ten consideration.

Here are the current MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings, which are up-to-date as of October 10.

LINK TO TOP TEN RANKINGS PAGE
loonytnt
10/10/07 1:38:05PM
that whole thing is a joke....and how is randy #4 and fedor still #1??? very wrong imo
NatedawgThaM
10/10/07 1:42:10PM
Faber went up a spot to #4 even though I'd have him #2 behind Yamamoto who isn't even ranked? The fudge?

I'm also suprised Shogun didn't drop lower then #2 because he got TAPPED!!!

Also I think Tim should be above GG because Tim got dominated all 5 rounds but GG got stopped and Vera should be in the HW rankings as well and theres no way Lindland is #3 in the world at MW, Frankline would outstrike him and Dan & Silva would beat him most def...

But overall there actually pretty good...BUT WHERES THE DIAZ BROTHERS? Nick decimated Gomi in the 2nd round shouldn't he be 10 or 9? I guess MMaweekly watches more K-1 Heros, Strikeforce, and EliteXC fights because theres a lot of Non ufc guys in those rankings...
silverbullet
10/10/07 2:13:26PM
Napao has never beat a serious name besides a lucky kick against Cro Cop. Number 4 for Couture sounds about right, if not too high.

Matt Serra as a number 1 Welterweight is a complete joke. He would get murdered by GSP, Kos, Hughes, and Karo for sure. And Serra would most likely lose against Sanchez, and Fitch. Sorry but Matt Serra is not a top 5 Welter-weight in the world.

Why is Gomi #1 if he lost to Diaz and was dominated by Penn?
Where is BJ Penn? He should be at least top 3 Welterweight and probably #1 Lightweight.
Where is Nick Diaz??!
bullettdodger
10/10/07 2:36:24PM
These rankings make me want to puke in a hat and then wear it
CornishMMA
10/10/07 2:41:50PM

Posted by silverbullet

Napao has never beat a serious name besides a lucky kick against Cro Cop.

Errr yeah those lucky kicks eh
roman
10/10/07 2:46:38PM
They actually make me like the shedog ranking.
DJDark41
10/10/07 2:59:37PM
Where is BJ Penn? Why is Randy Couture #4? Why is Matt Serra #1? Honestly, I ignore these lists now because its ****ing retarded.
wrona666
10/10/07 3:08:28PM
Whomever is making these lists is totally retarded or knows nothing about these fighters except where they are currently at in this point and time......
wapttn
10/10/07 3:15:01PM
i was gonna rant.. but its already been said.

"We take into consideration a fighter's performance in addition to his win-loss record, head-to-head and common opponents, difficulty of opponents, and numerous other factors in what is the most comprehensive rankings system in the sport"

I dont completely agree with mmaplayground's rankings.. but they're flawless compared to this garbage

I could be ranked no1 in the world too if i entered a gameshow, won a title shot, and gsp slipped and KOed himself.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/10/07 3:22:19PM
I like Rameau very much but putting him 6 kinda wrong, yeah he's got 2 big wins, consecutively, but that's all he's really got,I wish he'd sign, I'd like to see him fight...I also think that it's ridiculous that Paulo Filho is rated 2, he got a quick KO vs Joe Doerksen ( probly not even in top 15). Sure the fight was in august but his fight before that goes back to 2006, against Misaki ( wich i dont even consider top 10). 2 for Filho is just wrong. Putting Lawler 6th, misaki 8th... I don't man this all seems pretty wrong. And although the champ, Serra's def. not the top WW in MMA lol...
Shawn17
10/10/07 3:32:15PM
That list is terrible. where the **** is BJ Penn?
fedorwins1
10/10/07 3:41:58PM
Note: Remember that these rankings don't include fighters who are on suspension

HW: Tim should be above GG/ Aleks should be replaced by Vera

LHW: Henderson should be #2/ Jardine and Forrest need to be ranked higher

MW: Filho is way to high/ Franklin should be above Lindland/ Take out Misaki

WW: Last three are iffy/ No BJ Penn?

LW: Gomi should not be #1/ Aoki over Kawajiri/ JZ is way to low/ no BJ?

FW: I still think Inoue is better than Tamura/ Faber at #3

O-Guns
10/10/07 3:52:00PM
This is a joke. I know everything has been said already.........
BUT this is retarded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short bus style

Randy is the MAN ...... he has proven this time and time again.
I say Randay hands down best in the world right now. I think Fedor is a bad ass, but a bad ass has to fight!
Heck with Fedor... Lets see him fight Randy.
Sign with the UFC alreay and lets see if he get embarrassed like Cro Cop and Shogun.

Titosux
10/10/07 4:00:10PM
Rankings are starting to get to the point where if they are not fighting in the UFC should they still be ranked high?

Numerous fighters are in the top 10 in there respected weight class only to never(or recently) fought in the UFC, I would think if you want to fight the best you need to be in the best. If Randy wins one more fight I don't know how Fedor can be ranked ahead of him at this moment. Lindland or Paulo will never be rated higher than Silva because they are not in the UFC and I don't know how Gomi is rated higher than Penn or even Sherk for that matter. Penn and Sherk are not even in the rankings!! Sherk's appeal hasn't come up yet and he passed a lie detector test....Penn surprises me more ofcourse....

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira should drop out of all rankings for choosing not to fight in the UFC and sign somewhere else....Where is Machida?? Geez...I like the rankings on this site better than any I have seen....Fans shoud vote official rankings

Anywho, thats all....
Ogre365
10/10/07 4:26:23PM
All I can say is what the ****?

I could be fried out of my mind and still make a better ranking than that probably.
MaxOne
10/10/07 4:58:54PM
besides, where is Hulk Hogan?
whodat
10/10/07 7:09:35PM

Posted by loonytnt

that whole thing is a joke....and how is randy #4 and fedor still #1??? very wrong imo

Move Randy to #1 because he beat Tim and GG? How does that prove #1 status?
nubby
10/10/07 7:27:40PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by loonytnt

Move Randy to #1 because he beat Tim and GG? How does that prove #1 status?

Tim was the UFC champion and he beat Adrei Arlovski twice and Jeff Monson, and a few others. Randy didn't just beat him, he absolutely mandhandled him for 5 rounds. Then we have Gonzaga, who is considered a fighter with a ton of potential, so much so that he put a clinic on Crocop. Randy didn't just manhandle Gonzaga, he absolutely frickin destroyed him. Name one heavy weight this year that has done more than Couture? Good luck because Fedor has beaten a middle weight and mark hunt, a kick boxer who actually gave him troubles. Yikes.
wapttn
10/10/07 8:26:17PM
Heres what I dont understand..

Serra beats the no1 ranked fighter in the no1 promotion in the world.. so he takes over 1st place.

Randy beats the no1 ranked fighter in the no1 promotion in the world.. then defends his title against a top10, and is still ranked 4th.

And i agree with one of the posts above.. if ur not fighting top competition, then you cant be ranked above top competition. My record could be 1000-0, and i could be dynamic, dominant, and impressive in every fight.. but if i'm fighting 10 year old girls then it doesnt mean shit.
cmill21
10/10/07 9:05:23PM
So Eddie Sanchez beats tim 5 seconds in, then does the same to GG, does he become #1 on your list? There's no reason to give him #1 until he beats at least a top 5. Remember it wasn't to long ago he wasn't good enough for the UFC's HW div. Mark Hunt the kickboxer who gave him trouble is a K-1 champ....not bad I guess. We'll more then likely get to see Big Nog and Randy, so enough of this dumb arguing.
CornishMMA
10/11/07 1:57:21PM

Posted by wapttn

Heres what I dont understand..

Serra beats the no1 ranked fighter in the no1 promotion in the world.. so he takes over 1st place.

Randy beats the no1 ranked fighter in the no1 promotion in the world.. then defends his title against a top10, and is still ranked 4th.

No sorry dude but that aint right, this is the worlds ranking not just the UFC and Randy didnt beat the #1 guy, Tim was about 5th or 6th

But in beating GG he beat the guy who had just beaten the #2 guy so imho Randy should definately be 2nd and very soon #1
Tailgunner
10/12/07 4:29:32PM
Serra is still number 1?????? I wonder where he was ranked before the GSP fight?

MMA weekly rankings are a total joke and should not be considered accurate by anyone, maybe they should start ranking WWE fighters instead.