MMA Playgrounds Favorite UFC fight of all time vote Rd 2 Vote 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » MMA Playgrounds Favorite UFC fight of all time vote Rd 2 Vote 2
POLL: Which fight?
Randy Couture v Chuck Liddell UFC 43 11% (4)
Nick Diaz v Robbie Lawler UFC 47 16% (6)
Forest Griffin v Stephen Bonnar TUF 1 41% (15)
Scott Smith v Pete Sell TUF 4 8% (3)
Tim Sylvia v Randy Couture UFC 68 11% (4)
Tyson Griffin v Clay Guida UFC 72 14% (5)
Rabi
5/21/09 2:09:11PM
The next 6 are:

1. Randy Couture v Chuck Liddell UFC 43

Around this time the UFC HW divison was taken over as the NO 1 division in the UFC by the LHW division and that was mainly down to three fighters that were involved in this triangle. Ortiz was champion and was accused of ducking Liddell. Couture stepped up and Liddell and Couture squared off for the first time to crown a LHW Interim champion. Couture was a massive underdog and was coming off 2 losses against big HW's. Couture ripped up the form book and with a mixture of dirty boxing and wrestling wore Liddell down before forcing a round 3 stoppage via TKO. Once again, this was a huge upset.

2. Nick Diaz v Robbie Lawler UFC 47

This appeared to be a classic grappler v striker match, but as always MMA is not always predictable. Diaz decided to stand with Lawler and seemed to be holding his own. Midway through second round Diaz done more then hold his own as he scored a spectecular 1 punch KO.

3. Forest Griffin v Stephen Bonnar TUF 1 Finale

What needs to be said about this fight that hasnt already been said. These two guys were both looking to be crowned the TUF champion at LHW. They came in to this fight and left absolutley everything in the octagon. They stood and traded for 15 minutes and the decision really could have gone either way. Both men were exhausted. This was the fight that was credited with taking UFC main stream. Griffin won the decision but after the fight Bonnar was also rewarded the same contract as the winner.

4. Scott Smith v Pete Sell TUF 4 Finale

What made this fight stand out was the amazing finish. Smith and Sell and spent the whole fight trading punches. In round 2 Sell landed with a beautiful Liver punch which has Smith folding over with pain, as Sell charged in for the finish, Smith with every ounce of strength left in his injured body threw one last big punch that KO'd Sell. At the end of the fight niether fighter could move. It was amazing to watch.

5. Tim Sylvia v Randy Couture UFC 68

The return of The Natural. He came into this fight with the perfect game plan, he drooped Big Tim with the first punch thrown and then dominated the whole fight with a mixture of striking and takedowns. Probably one of the best MMA performances ever. Every one loved it.

6. Tyson Griffin v Clay Guida UFC 72

Once again I would just like to say, I was there. This was an amazing back and fourth fight which was non stop action from start to finish. I actually felt that Guida should have been given the decision and I would love to see these two rematch some time in the future.
Pookie
5/21/09 2:31:09PM
Voted Diaz v. Lawler
Franklinfan47
5/21/09 2:48:52PM
Bonnar vs Griffin for me. Great fight, one of the first fights I ever saw, and launched ufc and mma (atleast in north america) to where it is today.
Khaos
5/21/09 3:56:40PM
It's Diaz vs Lawler for me.
CwB
5/21/09 6:16:06PM
the bonnar-griffin fight should not be allowed in these votes. that fight was one of the greatest fights ever plus it was a turning point in MMA. I wanted to vote for some of the other fight but i have a feeling i will always be stuck voting GvB in these polls
941_Florida_Boy
5/22/09 12:32:01AM
I am refusing to participate in this vote because they are ALL my top favorite fights of all time and I will not pit them against each other. LMAO

Randy vs Tim was a very special fight for me to be able to watch. I'm lucky to have seen it.
Rabi
5/22/09 3:35:56PM
Griffin v Bonnar advances.

The last 6 of round 2 to follow shortly.