MMA Fighter Kills Girlfriend, Then Himself

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMA Fighter Kills Girlfriend, Then Himself
DCRage
11/11/07 5:00:06PM
MMA fighter Bobby Joe Suggs, a 29-year-old MMA fighter in California, apparently killed himself a day after killing a female acquaintance last Wednesday in Fresno. Suggs' mother & brother also were arrested.

Article

Suggs had a 5-2 MMA record, losing his last fight in July '06. Not the kind of news MMA needs coming out right now, or ever for that matter.
postman
11/11/07 5:07:30PM
Not a big name and hasn't fougt since 06. This will not even get another look. If it was a big name then I could see it starting something but now its just like anyother guy. Sad story and I feel for all involved
madmarck
11/11/07 7:38:03PM
I dont think it will have a negative impact on the sport. None of it really had anything to do with MMA. No different than if a Football player did the same.
ohiostate1016
11/11/07 8:41:11PM
This is horrible. The first thing that comes to mind, of course, is Chris Benoit. Was this guy on roids? If so, was this murder and suicide a result of roid rage? Steroids are a serious problem, and I think that we have to find a way to get them out of sports. NOW.

I don't know how to do it, and smarter minds than mine will have to figure this out.
Bemin
11/11/07 11:12:18PM
Ya very horrible and my heart goes out to the poor girls family. Didn't appear that he was even an active fighter anymore as his last fight was almost a year and a half ago. On a side note looking at his fight finder I don't think I have ever seen a submission from a full-nelson before.

Fightfinderlink
taporsnap25
11/12/07 2:08:33AM
it seems nobody ever hears how the stories turn out. after they did drug tests on chris benoit, they determined that there wasn't a high enough level of steroids in his system to cause roid rage. funny how people never hear how it turns out, just the speculation
MixedMartialArts
11/12/07 6:14:09AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

This is horrible. The first thing that comes to mind, of course, is Chris Benoit. Was this guy on roids? If so, was this murder and suicide a result of roid rage? Steroids are a serious problem, and I think that we have to find a way to get them out of sports. NOW.

I don't know how to do it, and smarter minds than mine will have to figure this out.

The fighters union
CornishMMA
11/12/07 7:56:58AM

Posted by postman

If it was a big name then I could see it starting something

LOL WTF?

What would it "start"? a "all mma fighters are unhinged potential killers" tyrade?