After missed contract deadline for UFC 205, Alvarez vs. Nurmagomedov targeted for UFC 206

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After missed contract deadline for UFC 205, Alvarez vs. Nurmagomedov targeted for UFC 206
Braden
9/21/16 9:13:06PM
Amid rumors of featherweight champ Conor McGregor heading to lightweight to challenge champ Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205, UFC President Dana White tweeted a suggestion the promotion was planning for a Khabib Nurmagomedov title bid at the event instead.

Now, it appears the bout could slide from the UFC’s first ever trip to New York to the promotion’s return to Toronto at UFC 206.

On “UFC Tonight” on FS1, Megan Olivi reported Alvarez had missed the contract deadline for the bout to go down at UFC 205, which takes place Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The UFC is now reportedly targeting UFC 206 for the lightweight title tilt between Alvarez (28-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Nurmagomedov (23-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC).

Link
Braden
9/22/16 4:43:02AM
Hey, if they couldn't get it done for 205, I'm all game for it happening at 206. I hope my Eastern Canadians enjoy a fight like this. I know if it was happening on the West coast I'd be all over tickets to see it. I've wanted to see Khabib get a crack at the strap for some time now. Plus, I'm a fan of Alvarez as well. Love the fight, get it signed!