Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington slated for UFC 205 in New York City

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington slated for UFC 205 in New York City
Braden
9/23/16 3:38:17PM
Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will be a part of November’s New York City debut.

Tate (18-6 MMA, 5-3 UFC) is slated to fight fellow contender Raquel Pennington (8-5 MMA, 5-2 UFC) at UFC 205, officials confirmed with ESPN.com.

Link
Braden
9/23/16 4:00:52PM
The UFC 205 card now includes:

Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson – for welterweight title
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz – for strawweight title
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate
Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Gian Villante
Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller
Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad

Almost complete!
40ouncetpkid
9/23/16 4:42:49PM
Pretty good female scrap. I imagine it will be the FS1 main event. I think it could end up being a war but I got Meisha by decision unless she's not all there mentally because that last loss was brutal after she finally got the belt. Pennington is always game so don't be surprised if she makes it a damn good fight.

On another note I think this all but confirms McGregor and the lightweight title drama will be resolved in the PPV or 2 after this. If they put Ronda and McGregor on the same card tho holy shit
BruceFukkinLee
9/23/16 5:44:55PM
This card without a main event is already stacked heavier than UFC 200, let's just hope nobody fails their USADA before or after the event....
shaneTpain
9/23/16 7:50:05PM
This card sounds too good to be true..Wow I'm excited! Tate should have her way with Rocky tho.
quezocrema0032
9/24/16 2:49:06AM
Super surprised with this fight but I am happy to see Tate in NYC, I haven't seen her live and really respect her as a fighter. I hope to see a late sub here but Rocky is scrappy and I am beginning to see her as the women's bantamweight version of Michael Johnson. They both have a ton of losses on their record but can beat anyone on any night and will always be scrappy in that cage lol.
Wallass
9/24/16 9:20:13AM
Tates going to get murked.
BillsNewAccount
9/24/16 11:41:51AM
Weird to think the girl who just had the belt is going to fight the girl who was recently on a 2-4 skid in the ufc. Should be a decent scrap tho.
emfleek
9/24/16 3:13:09PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Weird to think the girl who just had the belt is going to fight the girl who was recently on a 2-4 skid in the ufc. Should be a decent scrap tho.

She's only lost 2 fights in the UFC; Holm & Andrade.
BillsNewAccount
9/26/16 1:41:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BillsNewAccount

She's only lost 2 fights in the UFC; Holm & Andrade.

You're right. The losses to Smith and Cat were under another banner. I'm just saying it's weird that an 8-5 fighter is taking on the former champ. Then again Hendo is 3-6 in last nine and is fighting for the belt.
tildengolfer
9/26/16 5:10:31PM
Rocky is a durable grinder that's tough to finish. But I just don't see how Rocky can win the fight. Tate is more versatile in her offense and Tate and Rocky have the same style. So Tate should nullify Rockys wrestling and striking and get a sub.