Manny Pacquiao vs. Conor McGregor talks underway

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Manny Pacquiao vs. Conor McGregor talks underway
Leonstolzz
12/8/17 5:28:52PM
This is nothing but a rumor at this point but thought it was worth discussing.
Flocombat article
Leonstolzz
12/8/17 5:41:29PM
It's sad to think one of the best MMA fighters is going to be nothing more than a jobber to the boxing stars just because he wants a nice paycheck.
I'm done with Mcgregor and I hope he just retires from MMA so everybody can move on.

JLS
12/8/17 6:08:57PM

Strip this guy for F sakes!
aussiemma
12/8/17 7:07:22PM
Conor will go wherever the money is, I'm sure he could make 3 or 4 times the amount boxing Pacquiao than his next ufc fight.

I still see it as a win/win for Conor, if he goes boxes Pacquiao and loses then there is still the anticipation of him coming back to the ufc and most likely getting an immediate title shot at whoever has the lightweight belt. Mcgregor has turned into a bit of an asshole but he really does have it made with whatever he decides
JLS
12/8/17 7:15:11PM

Posted by aussiemma

Conor will go wherever the money is, I'm sure he could make 3 or 4 times the amount boxing Pacquiao than his next ufc fight.

I still see it as a win/win for Conor, if he goes boxes Pacquiao and loses then there is still the anticipation of him coming back to the ufc and most likely getting an immediate title shot at whoever has the lightweight belt. Mcgregor has turned into a bit of an asshole but he really does have it made with whatever he decides

DW probably wishes he would've played The Conor thing out differently at this point. The Casual fans love him. I can't stand him. He's talented but he's such a diva, like a mix between Wendy Williams, Mariah Carey and Kim Kardashian.
aussiemma
12/8/17 7:33:01PM
yeah he is super annoying now, kind of want to see him get punished by Ferguson or Khabib
UFC_Fanatic
12/8/17 8:17:27PM

Posted by aussiemma

yeah he is super annoying now, kind of want to see him get punished by Ferguson or Khabib

100% agreed. Sign me up for either of those fights. Sign me up for Conor vs Nick Diaz, or Woodley, or Wonderboy. Hell feed him to Maia. Let's just get him punished for being a massive primadona for the past year or so. Hell, put him in a boxing match with GGG or Canelo after that. He's so annoying and is devaluing championship belts in the UFC.
Braden
12/9/17 5:56:38AM

Posted by aussiemma

That's probably what I'd do if I was Conor.

I think he should do this and at the same time vacate the belt and let the lightweight division move on. When he wants to come back to mma, throw him in there with whoever's the champ at 155 or 145 and let him dismantle him. I don't think he's doing himself any favors in mma by spending so much time outside the octagon, even if it is boxing.
Braden
12/9/17 6:01:10AM

Posted by JLS

DW probably wishes he would've played The Conor thing out differently at this point. The Casual fans love him. I can't stand him. He's talented but he's such a diva, like a mix between Wendy Williams, Mariah Carey and Kim Kardashian.

I thought him and the UFC gets a chunk of what Conor makes in these boxing money fights? If so, I think he'd be loving it. Dana saying, "I couldn't stop Conor from making that kind of money", really means, "I'm happy getting a slice of the large amount of money Conor's making in these fights."

If Conor played football, he'd be a wide receiver.