Mackenzie Dern unable to make contracted weight, LFA fight changed to catchweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mackenzie Dern unable to make contracted weight, LFA fight changed to catchweight
tildengolfer
3/10/17 1:30:08PM
Mackenzie Dern’s weight issues have cropped up again.

For the second straight fight, Dern was unable to make the contracted strawweight weight class. On Thursday, Dern could not get down to the 116-pound division maximum for her Legacy Fighting Alliance 6 fight against Katherine Roy, so the bout was changed to a 120-pound catchweight prior to her stepping on the scale, LFA president Ed Soares told MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani.

Link
tildengolfer
3/10/17 1:33:48PM
Dern is no small girl. I bet she walks around 130-140, easily. Cutting to 115 is proving far too much for her. Either jump up in weight or take your diet more seriously. She's like the WMMA version of Hendricks. Ok, that may be a little harsh. Three straight fights, three straight missed weights. Don't really know what to say. No one will sign her if she keeps this trend up.
finnish_line
3/10/17 1:43:01PM

Losing almost a quarter of your body weight is really dumb, and dangerous.

Options:

1) Don't fight for a living
2) Only fight at 125 or 135
3) Never allow yourself to get above 128 lbs, lose muscle mass
JLS
3/10/17 1:53:29PM
Dern's a beast.

She's obviously fighting at the wrong weight division. She's fighting at this weigh, assuming, she's looking to get into the UFC. She might want to consider going to Bellator or Invicta so she can go at 125lbs. Both those promotions would offer her much, much more and intriguing fights. I'm leaning slightly more toward Bellator since there a couple fights that I think would be great test for her.
JLS
3/10/17 11:27:47PM

Posted by tildengolfer

Three straight fights, three straight missed weights. Don't really know what to say. No one will sign her if she keeps this trend up.

It's actually 2 out of 3 times that she missed weight. She made it in her debut.