Machida, Anderson to assist Nog on TUF 8

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Machida, Anderson to assist Nog on TUF 8
juanez13
6/6/08 11:38:08AM
Translated:

The team of Rodrigo Minotauro in reality show The Ultimate Fighter gained two reinforcements of weight to face the team of Frank Mir. Minota will have the aid of nobody little than the champion of the UFC, Anderson Silva, and Lyoto Machida, that took a walk for top of Tito Ortiz in UFC 84, in the training of its athletes. " It wanted to ask for excuses for the Loyal Combat, but I have contract with the UFC and I will not be able to go to evento" , Anderson said, that already is with Lyoto in the house where the program is recorded, to help Minotauro to earn plus this challenge.

LINK: to original article in Portuguese

The article was translated in bloodyelbow.com, on the fanshot section.

billycarnage
6/6/08 11:43:39AM
I HANDS DOWN would want to be on Nog’s team. That is insane. Better brush up on that Portuguese…
mikevolz
6/6/08 12:02:37PM
CornishMMA
6/6/08 12:06:50PM
I want to be on Big Nogs team

LOL its going to be funny, like when everyone wanted Tito, the faces of the guys on Kens team was hilarious, wont be as bad as that really cos Frank will have a good team and teach good BJJ but you have the complete package there
teddythetuna
6/6/08 12:11:10PM
The best striker in mma, one of the most elusive stikers, and one of the best at jj. gotta go with nogs team on this one
bigbubbano23
6/6/08 12:37:46PM
idk it's gonna be really hard to understand a word any of them says.
bullettdodger
6/6/08 1:20:21PM
Like the guy said above, better start brushing up on that Portuguese now lol
gartface
6/6/08 2:00:50PM
I think Machida is the only one I've ever heard in a post or prefight interview talk in english for more than "I'm going to win" or something to that effect.
DaMaGeInC
6/6/08 3:21:33PM
i would love to be on Big Nogs team it doesnt get any better then that. Mir's gonna lose the saeson then get his ass beat by Minitoro. I like Mir don't get me wrong but i just don't think it is gonna happen. Go Team Nog
kaskd
6/6/08 3:42:09PM
damn, that's a ridiculous team. Forget training, i'd rather just see the coaches spar every day and beat on the other guys. One down side is we won't get the hilarity out of the Rampage and Forrest combo.
Pookie
6/6/08 3:45:57PM

Posted by kaskd

damn, that's a ridiculous team. Forget training, i'd rather just see the coaches spar every day and beat on the other guys. One down side is we won't get the hilarity out of the Rampage and Forrest combo.

we'll get hilarity when nog subs mir in the first round at the finale.
candynuts
6/6/08 3:53:10PM
I hear Mir has Wands conditioning coach (Alejarra?- does the snorkel training) and Drysdale for BJJ. Mir's team will be good on the ground for sure.
candynuts
6/6/08 3:54:58PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

idk it's gonna be really hard to understand a word any of them says.

lol, Ed Soares has a lot of work to do during the show!
whardin19
6/6/08 3:57:05PM
I would still want to be on Mir's team. I know I'd learn alot for Nogs team but the language barrier is going to be hard to overcome. When I know I'll understand Mir and he's a really good BJJ guy himself. WAR Mir's team!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
6/6/08 10:53:59PM

and i got worked up for Drysdale being on Mir's team...

i guess Mir is up against the Brazilian All star team. the guys on Nog's team are the luckiest S.O.B's on the planet. imagine being able to say you trained with Big Nog, Anderson Silva and Machida...that is just a MMArtist's wet dream
clintjack
6/6/08 11:55:45PM
Does that mean that Anderson or Machida won't be fighting that whole time?
MMAcca
6/7/08 1:38:16AM
Wow. What an amazing team!

You really have got it all there in those 3 fighters.

If these guys don't improve a ton being on Nog's team then they shouldn't be in MMA