UFC 79 Live Weigh Ins

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 79 Live Weigh Ins
Next Page »
loller90278
12/28/07 7:20:30PM
some of my thoughts on the weigh in:

-both gsp and matt hughes seem very confident
-soa palelei needs to cut some weight down, and he doesn't look quite as big as i would imagine
- wanderlei silva and chuck liddel probably had the best staredown at a weigh in, in quite some time!
-ufc needs better editing, the time with matt hughes and joe rogan is very funny.
krthll1
12/28/07 7:22:34PM
I really hope chuck gets knocked out now. You just don't flip off the other opponent before a fight. especially when you are coming off of two losses.
owen1
12/28/07 7:24:55PM
Damn the Iceman wasn't so cool at the weigh ins there!!!
I really hope GSP whoops Hughes ass
loller90278
12/28/07 7:26:33PM
anybody still watching the live feed on espn.com ?

i am, and i just heard someone say "******* goldieeee"
krthll1
12/28/07 7:44:37PM
I didn't like Soa coming into the fight because I feel Sanchez had more heart. I agree that Soa needs to cut some weight because I don't think he has a great chance against Sanchez if it goes three full rounds. Chuck doesn't look to confident going into the fight. Flipping off Wanderlai seems like a weak attempt to pump up yourself before a fight.
loller90278
12/28/07 7:55:45PM
chuck actually looks good.. his pregnant belly is now a hard muscular forrest griffin kind of style abdomen. i liked how chuck was surprised at himself for weighing in at 204.
DCRage
12/28/07 7:58:36PM
Found and put all the results (including prelims) in the sticky 79 thread. Reportedly Dean Lister missed weight the first time (187) but after he got completely naked he got to 186. Is that why the prelim weigh-ins weren't shown on the live feed?
mk1630
12/28/07 7:59:02PM
Does anyone know where i can see the replay of the weigh ins?
ChuckyLiLi
12/28/07 8:22:07PM
Everyone wants to talk how classless Chuck was for flipping off Silva. Silvas's the one who tried punking out Chuck as they were breaking off. Its the same thing Silva did when they announced them fighting the first time around. Chuck just smiled at him while he kept running his mouth. Chuck lost 2 fights so now everyone is jumping on the Silva bandwagon. Lets see how well that wagon is moving tomorrow.
Biggee
12/28/07 8:28:04PM
Where can we see a replay of the weigh ins it's pissing me off cuz i cant find one
tuvok500
12/28/07 8:28:11PM

Posted by mk1630

go to this link and click on UFC 79 weigh-in .

link

Biggee
12/28/07 8:31:11PM
for some reason it's not working
owen1
12/28/07 8:38:31PM

Posted by Biggee

It is working for me anyway
Aaronno9
12/28/07 8:59:56PM

Posted by ChuckyLiLi

Everyone wants to talk how classless Chuck was for flipping off Silva. Silvas's the one who tried punking out Chuck as they were breaking off. Its the same thing Silva did when they announced them fighting the first time around. Chuck just smiled at him while he kept running his mouth. Chuck lost 2 fights so now everyone is jumping on the Silva bandwagon. Lets see how well that wagon is moving tomorrow.

Couldnt agree more my friend. Do you think chuck would of given wand the finger if he hadnt pulled that shit trying to make chuck finch at the end? I dont. I loved it how chuck didnt even move when wandy tried to make him jump, im really pumped for this fight now.
puppetmaster837
12/28/07 9:17:14PM
I was very suprised when i saw Soa come out. I was picturing a much more Mark Hunt build in my mind. And i think that was pretty cool of Wanderlei to throw his hat into the crowd.
cmill21
12/28/07 9:24:13PM
If you guys don't think their told to maybe give the finger or do something your mistaken. It's all to hype the fight, theres nothing more nothing less thats all there is.
Biggee
12/28/07 9:28:43PM
Seriously people, the yahoo video doesnt work for me and the one on ufc.com isnt working either. CAn someone please point me in the direction of the weigh in please, ive been looking for the past hour and a half.
mk1630
12/28/07 9:55:34PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by mk1630

go to this link and click on UFC 79 weigh-in .

link

Thanks for that
Biggee
12/28/07 9:57:13PM
I dont get why the f'llllll that link is not working.
Biggee
12/28/07 10:22:09PM
Is the only video seriously the yahoo one wtf.
tuvok500
12/28/07 10:41:53PM

Posted by Biggee

Is the only video seriously the yahoo one wtf.

UFC.com have it now in there video center !!

if it is not working either , i suggest to buy a new computer !!

texuspete00
12/28/07 10:50:49PM

Posted by Biggee

Try this direct link

Click

It is not the chopped ufc.com stuff.
Biggee
12/28/07 11:13:50PM
wel thanks for the try, but still not working, and the ufc.com isnt working for anyone.
tuvok500
12/28/07 11:20:04PM

Posted by Biggee

wel thanks for the try, but still not working, and the ufc.com isnt working for anyone.

lol !!

i am looking at it right now on UFC.com and on the yahoo link in the same time.

i don't understand what is the problem with your connection .

TimW001
12/28/07 11:32:30PM
Yeah at the ufc.com video center the full thing is up. I'm sure it's been mentioned though.
DevonFoxy
12/28/07 11:40:44PM
Yea in Hughes book he talks about how the UFC wants the drama to sell the fights as much as sumthing like WWE would use it.
I think Soko looked beastly and i would not want to be in a ring with him but the funny thing is hes the most polite person i think I've seen in the UFC and he speaks english so well i was shocked. Thats a guy the UFC can market right there.
Kracker_Jap
12/28/07 11:41:20PM
The fact Chuck flipped off wandy

Made me change my mind about him....

War!!!!! Chuck!!!!!
krthll1
12/29/07 12:13:19AM
I have never really liked Chuck all that much. Sure he was the first fighter I watched. I am more of a fan of well rounded fighters. That is not a knock against his fighting style. If sprawl and brawl works for ya, keep using it. I just enjoy fighters who handle themselves with more class at weigh ins. You know like GSP and Matt Hughes did at the weigh ins.
hippysmacker
12/29/07 12:46:17AM

Posted by krthll1

I really hope chuck gets knocked out now. You just don't flip off the other opponent before a fight. especially when you are coming off of two losses.

Dude did you watch the whole thing? Wandy is the one who feinted the headbutt and caused the problem. It saddens me when Wandy, Diego , and anybody else pull these antics. I really hope this was just all promoter inspired hype from both guys.
krthll1
12/29/07 1:15:44AM
Yes I saw the fake out but if I was Chuck I would have walked away. Walking away would have made him look like he has more class. I really do hope that the fighters don't do these things by themselves. I would like to think all of the fighters have more class than some of them show during weigh ins.
Pages: [1] 2