Liddell Won't Be Out Too Long

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Liddell Won't Be Out Too Long
juanez13
4/22/08 8:58:24PM

"I hyperextended it," Liddell said. "I probably didn't warm up enough, or it was a freak injury.
"I think I can fight by August," said Liddell, who will need four to six weeks to rehab before he can begin hard training...

Liddell said he was lucky that the partial tear was in the belly of the muscle and not the insertion, so it should heal faster.

After the injury, he continued to train his upper body and was swimming without much stress on his legs, while doctors advised him against fighting.

I think they'll be able to maintain their plan if Chuck wins, which is to have him fight for the title in December. I guess the question now is whether he will fight Rashad Evans or Shogun, who is rumored to be returning around that time.
iwannabesedated
4/22/08 9:11:06PM
Good News glad it isn't too serious.Cant wait to see the Iceman back in action.If we get to see Chuck Vs Shogun then maybe its a blessing in disguise for us fans.
wolfman
4/22/08 9:22:36PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Good News glad it isn't too serious.Cant wait to see the Iceman back in action.If we get to see Chuck Vs Shogun then maybe its a blessing in disguise for us fans.

Could be.
Porch28
4/22/08 9:48:33PM
Hers a pic of his leg
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
chickmagnet
4/22/08 10:21:09PM
Good, by december he should get that belt back where it belongs.

prozacnation1978
4/22/08 11:47:39PM
he will fight in sept then dec. watch he will fight shogun in sept in anaheim
jae_1833
4/23/08 12:22:23AM

Gotta go with the consensus on this one....a blessing in disguise. Imagine Chuck v Rua!!! Another Pride v UFC classic in the making!!!
silverbullet
4/23/08 8:20:16AM