8/20/09 8:22:04PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

carwin matches size to size
both have wrestling back grounds
but carwin's punches will kill you, lesnar's won't
both can ground n pound, no subbies here
hell won't last more that a few rounds if not 1st round
and this fight was gonna happen!! better sooner than later

ROFL carwin matches size. are you kididng me. carwin is BARLEY 6"1. theres pictures all over the internet of him next to this blond hair 6 foot dood and they are exactly the same size YET ufc lists jim as 6"3. ALSO he is 230lbs. lesnar will be 285-295 come fight time with a 3 inch height advantage and a 2-4 inch reach. carwin will be destroyed UNLESS he lands a lucky shot. brock easly gets the take down and donkey kongs carwin. no1 has seen shane from his back but we will.

WAR LESNAR.
raymurda
8/20/09 8:26:16PM
STOP SAYING CARWIN IS AS BIG AS LESNAR. hes barley 235 people. UFC LISTS HIM AT 6"3 yet he is barley 6 foot. go do your research please. carwin will be MAULED and does not deserve a title shot yet.
mentalcase
8/20/09 9:01:06PM
i guess you could be right in this pic you can clearly see carwins shorter thenChristian Wellisch and hes listed as 6'2" (188cm)
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
george112
8/20/09 9:49:50PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Brock Has a lot to prove in the UFC. He hasn't accomplished much. He knocked out a 44 year old lhw randy couture. He lay n preyed the holy Moses out of Mir only using his weight to control the fight. He lay n preyed HH into a decision because he cant knockout a true HW standing.

Now Carwin has Ended all of his fights by KO in round one or maybe a round two once or twice. He is just as big as lesnar and he has proven that if he gets taken down he can get up. and he has proved if its up its all him. Brock can maybe submit carwin in the later rounds but i just cant see Brock taking more than 2 or 3 shots from Shane.

Brock's overrated and if he wins i will bow down. But i see Carwin KO round 1 pretty quick.

Instant Star and he trains With Greg Jackson and they would love to rub that into the Brazilians faces having the belts with his academy and blackhouse only having Anderson. its meant to be. Brock will learn from this loss.

wow.
please tell me your not serious with this post

well gonzaga almost knocked him out.and than he took him down with complete ease.carwin isnt the size of lesnar.hes not going to stop lesnars takedown.

also its not laynprey when you finish a fight.AND he totally made HH look like an amatuer.

AND carwin hasnt come close to competing with the level fighters lesnar has.
bigger record or not
higdon10
8/20/09 11:25:13PM
Lesnar is just too much for Carwin to handle
quball
8/21/09 2:45:07AM
Should be an exciting first round.
raymurda
8/21/09 11:16:21AM

Posted by raymurda

STOP SAYING CARWIN IS AS BIG AS LESNAR. hes barley 235 people. UFC LISTS HIM AT 6"3 yet he is barley 6 foot. go do your research please. carwin will be MAULED and does not deserve a title shot yet.

Exactly my point. the UFC is trying to hype this fight by saying carwin"s " big frame" yet he is 6 foot tall. i would go dig the pics up from sherdog but im perma banned.
Sinister
8/21/09 12:05:04PM
Lesnar
285 on fight night
Has KO'd Mir and Couture. Rocked Heath
Hasn't been rocked in any of his fights
Division I Wrestling Chamion

Carwin
230 on fight night
Has KO'd Gonzaga (biggest name he has)
Has been rocked by Gonzaga and Welsech
Division II Wrestling Champion

Put it all together and Lesnar is better at everything. He weighs more. He has shown better KO power with the matchups he has had. He hasnt been rocked ever compared to Carwin who was rocked by lesser fighters than Brocks opponents and lastly, Lesnar is a Champion in Division I wrestling, not Division II.

Im a Carwin fan but this isnt going to be his fight.

Lesnar KO before 3rd
EvenFlow
8/21/09 12:05:54PM

Posted by raymurda

Posted by raymurda

Exactly my point. the UFC is trying to hype this fight by saying carwin"s " big frame" yet he is 6 foot tall. i would go dig the pics up from sherdog but im perma banned.

Hahaha I dig the quoting of ones self.
bjj1605
8/21/09 1:42:25PM
My problem with this fight is every one is acting like Carwin is a great wrestler. If actually could stop the take down he could knock brock out. But that won't happen. Gonzaga took Carwin down easily. Brock is bigger, not by much but he is, and a better wrestler. He won't mess around on the feet he'll bring it down and smash carwin (who has no legit jiu jitsu skills to stop that from happening). I'd say first or second round TKO for Brock.

But still I hope Carwin wins because Brock Lesnar is the first fighter I've ever hated.
Aleks_Smash
8/21/09 2:42:03PM
do all the MMAth you want, but im just sayi9ng come fight night the UFC will lose a lot of wrestling ans when their sweet Brock doesn't want to fight anymore when he finally gets cracked.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Aleks_Smash
8/21/09 2:47:25PM

Posted by bjj1605

My problem with this fight is every one is acting like Carwin is a great wrestler. If actually could stop the take down he could knock brock out. But that won't happen. Gonzaga took Carwin down easily. Brock is bigger, not by much but he is, and a better wrestler. He won't mess around on the feet he'll bring it down and smash carwin (who has no legit jiu jitsu skills to stop that from happening). I'd say first or second round TKO for Brock.

But still I hope Carwin wins because Brock Lesnar is the first fighter I've ever hated.

everyone needs to remember that gabe caught carwin on the bridge of his nose and broke it. **** happens and when your nose breaks your cardio is gone. instant. your mouth hangs open. he took shots from Gabe with a broke nose and his mouth open. yes, he got taken down by gonzaga while his nose was broke and got right up only to land a half powered straight that KTFO of gonzaga.

brock has thrown his hardest shots agaisnt his opponents and has only knocked out randy. he hit randy in the back of the head so it wasn't a fair KO anyway. He didn't finish mir, the ref stopped it. and again he lay and preyed HH like noone else ever has. and his punch on hearing was so big and powerful because noone thought Brock would stand for more than 1 sec.

brock is good, yes he is. but he isnt ready for the power that carwin has. one hit and brock is doooone
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
george112
8/21/09 4:22:53PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Posted by bjj1605

everyone needs to remember that gabe caught carwin on the bridge of his nose and broke it. **** happens and when your nose breaks your cardio is gone. instant. your mouth hangs open. he took shots from Gabe with a broke nose and his mouth open. yes, he got taken down by gonzaga while his nose was broke and got right up only to land a half powered straight that KTFO of gonzaga.

brock has thrown his hardest shots agaisnt his opponents and has only knocked out randy. he hit randy in the back of the head so it wasn't a fair KO anyway. He didn't finish mir, the ref stopped it. and again he lay and preyed HH like noone else ever has. and his punch on hearing was so big and powerful because noone thought Brock would stand for more than 1 sec.

brock is good, yes he is. but he isnt ready for the power that carwin has. one hit and brock is doooone

1.Carwin isnt going to stop the takedown.
2.Its called a TKO he finished the fight.
3.Lesnar Knocked randy out fair and sqaure.
4.HH got mauled.
5.Did i mention Carwin isnt going to stop the takedown??
decken
8/21/09 4:54:03PM

Posted by Sinister

Lesnar
285 on fight night
Has KO'd Mir and Couture. Rocked Heath
Hasn't been rocked in any of his fights
Division I Wrestling Chamion

Carwin
230 on fight night
Has KO'd Gonzaga (biggest name he has)
Has been rocked by Gonzaga and Welsech
Division II Wrestling Champion

Put it all together and Lesnar is better at everything. He weighs more. He has shown better KO power with the matchups he has had. He hasnt been rocked ever compared to Carwin who was rocked by lesser fighters than Brocks opponents and lastly, Lesnar is a Champion in Division I wrestling, not Division II.

Im a Carwin fan but this isnt going to be his fight.

Lesnar KO before 3rd

Really, When has Carwin weighed in below 250? Please show me.

Carwin has KO power lesnar has not KOed anyone like that. And dont say Randy. If you wanna see Randy KOed go watch his 2nd and 3rd fight with Chuck.
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/09 6:26:04PM

Posted by decken

Posted by Sinister
Carwin
230 on fight night

Really, When has Carwin weighed in below 250? Please show me.

Carwin has KO power lesnar has not KOed anyone like that. And dont say Randy. If you wanna see Randy KOed go watch his 2nd and 3rd fight with Chuck.

Official Weigh in results for UFC 96

He weighed in at 259.5 and i believe he even stated that was lower than expected slightly. I have no f'ing clue where 230 came from. Sinister where did you find that, the Sherdog forums?!?!
tepid55
8/21/09 6:49:53PM
I think Carwin can stop Lesnar's takedown atempts and get the KO/TKO.
gartface
8/21/09 6:57:01PM

Posted by tepid55

How can he stop a NCAA champion wrestler from taking him down when he couldn't stop Gabe Gonzaga's takedown?
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/09 6:59:37PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by tepid55

How can he stop a NCAA champion wrestler from taking him down when he couldn't stop Gabe Gonzaga's takedown?

how can an NCAA wrestling champ stop an NCAA wrestling champ's takedowns?!?! A sprawl. Div 2 wrestlers have had just as much success in mma as division 1 wrestlers in mma.

Gonzaga took him down AFTER he was rocked bad which made it very easy to get the TD
george112
8/21/09 7:22:03PM
well everyones saying Carwin has the big advantage standing up.
well gonzaga isnt even known for his striking and he rocked Carwins world.

put lesnars reach and strength into gonzaga.and that fight would have been over.
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/09 7:40:45PM

Posted by george112

put lesnars reach and strength into gonzaga.and that fight would have been over.

i dont think people give Carwin the advantage in technicality in striking(obviously neither are going to be willing to give boxing a try) but Carwin has the massive advantage in power.
george112
8/21/09 7:51:37PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by george112

i dont think people give Carwin the advantage in technicality in striking(obviously neither are going to be willing to give boxing a try) but Carwin has the massive advantage in power.

punching power aside.
who do you think has the strength advantage?
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/09 7:54:51PM

Posted by george112

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by george112

punching power aside.

haha thats GOT to be Lesnar, but I think Carwin COULD surprise people with his strength IF he comes out with a good gameplan
george112
8/21/09 8:01:25PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by george112

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by george112

punching power aside.

haha thats GOT to be Lesnar, but I think Carwin COULD surprise people with his strength IF he comes out with a good gameplan

haha i got you.

i have a feeling i already know what Lesnars gameplan is going to be.

Paw.than as soon as Carwin throws a punch.Boom.takedown for Lesnar.

its not that i think Carwin cant knock Lesnar out.its just i think Lesnar isnt going to let it stand long enough for that to happen.i also think that Lesnar is NOT going to let him up.but like you said.im hoping Carwin suprises us
kerryweb
8/21/09 8:03:37PM
I think some are billing it as a Clash of the Giants fight, but it isn't. Carwin is about the same size as Randy, maybe just a little bigger. They say he's like 6-3 or 6-2 or something, but he isn't.

Still looking forward to this fight. I like Carwin, but Lesnar may be just too big. Once he gets on top of Carwin, he'll pound him out. Nothing Carwin will be able to do. Carwin could catch him with a punch, or a sub, but he'd have to hit it quick like Mir did when he beat Brock.

It's gonna be a big one, but don't be fooled with Carwin's size. He's really not that big ... at least compared to Lesnar.

decken
8/21/09 10:44:01PM

Posted by kerryweb

I think some are billing it as a Clash of the Giants fight, but it isn't. Carwin is about the same size as Randy, maybe just a little bigger. They say he's like 6-3 or 6-2 or something, but he isn't.

Still looking forward to this fight. I like Carwin, but Lesnar may be just too big. Once he gets on top of Carwin, he'll pound him out. Nothing Carwin will be able to do. Carwin could catch him with a punch, or a sub, but he'd have to hit it quick like Mir did when he beat Brock.

It's gonna be a big one, but don't be fooled with Carwin's size. He's really not that big ... at least compared to Lesnar.

Seriously, Stop saying Carwin only weighs 230 or he is the same size as Randy because it is complete B.S. Yes Carwin weighs less than Brock but he is still weighing in around 260 and he has bigger fist than Brock. At most on fight night there will be a 20 pound difference and that should not make that big of a difference for a strong wrestler like Carwin.
Shadymlm
8/22/09 6:05:30AM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Brock Has a lot to prove in the UFC. He hasn't accomplished much. He knocked out a 44 year old lhw randy couture. He lay n preyed the holy Moses out of Mir only using his weight to control the fight. He lay n preyed HH into a decision because he cant knockout a true HW standing.

Now Carwin has Ended all of his fights by KO in round one or maybe a round two once or twice. He is just as big as lesnar and he has proven that if he gets taken down he can get up. and he has proved if its up its all him. Brock can maybe submit carwin in the later rounds but i just cant see Brock taking more than 2 or 3 shots from Shane.

Brock's overrated and if he wins i will bow down. But i see Carwin KO round 1 pretty quick.

Instant Star and he trains With Greg Jackson and they would love to rub that into the Brazilians faces having the belts with his academy and blackhouse only having Anderson. its meant to be. Brock will learn from this loss.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the LHW that Brock beat for the title successfully defend his title against the best fighter that Carwin has beaten? And Lay and pray??? More like Lay and beat! Did you happen to see Mir's or HH's faces after the fight? You probably did you just didn't recognize them because Brock made them look like Hitch when he had the allergic reaction.

I understand, you hate Brock, I hate Afredor but just because I don't like or respect him doesn't mean that I'm gonna say werdum will sub him, I may hope he does but I know it's not gonna happen. Same as Carwin... It's not gonna happen! Just like Joe Rogan said we have entered the Brock Lesnar Era.
mkiv9secsupra
8/22/09 6:50:59AM

Posted by decken

Posted by kerryweb

Seriously, Stop saying Carwin only weighs 230 or he is the same size as Randy because it is complete B.S. Yes Carwin weighs less than Brock but he is still weighing in around 260 and he has bigger fist than Brock. At most on fight night there will be a 20 pound difference and that should not make that big of a difference for a strong wrestler like Carwin.

Yeah. That is getting very old quick. Carwin is going to come in at fight time around 270 and brock will come in around 285. Carwin couldnt make 230lbs if he wanted to
Aleks_Smash
8/22/09 9:34:14AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by tepid55

The Thing is that Brock is not an NCAA wrestler anymore. he is a great wrestler bt he isnt that wresstler anymore. nad if carwin trains to counter brocks shot with a knee then he is big enough to shut brock off.

Carwin trains with greg jacksons camo and he is undefeated with all KO and submissions. why are poeple on brocks dick so much. I admit he is a good MMA fighter because if Matt Hammil was fighting 135ers im sure he would do pretty good.

Im predicting Carwin with a biiig KO in round 1. easily. If brock beats carwin than i dont know who will beat brock. i dont think fedor could beat brock due to the size factor, but i think carwins got this.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
george112
8/22/09 1:20:53PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

why are poeple on brocks dick so much.

why are you on Carwins??
Aaronno9
8/22/09 1:53:34PM

Posted by kerryweb

I think some are billing it as a Clash of the Giants fight, but it isn't. Carwin is about the same size as Randy

Lol.

-

This is a pretty tough fight to call, becouse its just to difficult to guess how Brock is going to do against somebody of a similar size. I mean, he did get rocked against Mir so if Carwin lands flush you've got to think Brock will go down. But the dudes just so quick and strong, I cant imagine his takedowns being stuffed. It'll be interesting to see how his cardio holds up if Shane stuffs his takedowns and stays on top, forcing Lesnar to work back up.

As of now im leaning towards Lesnar with a second round stoppage or a UD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3