Leites out of fight with Marquardt

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Leites out of fight with Marquardt
cowcatcher
1/8/08 12:50:10PM
link

can you say evan tanner???
tuvok500
1/8/08 12:53:38PM
Tanner is schedule to fight Okami.

anyways, i hope they will find a good replacement, i want to see how Nate will recover from is last fight with Silva.

nickcuc547
1/8/08 12:54:10PM
sucks, i was looking forward to this fight to see how good leites really is. this was a huge test for him and i thought he had the tools to fare well, maybe these two can fight at another date. evan tanner would be a great opponent too imo, how bout yushin okami or jason macdonald as well. but i got a feeling they will throw in kalib starnes, chris leben or rory singer, the mediocres.
tepid55
1/8/08 1:21:10PM
Travis Lutter would be a good opponent.
cowcatcher
1/8/08 1:28:18PM

Posted by tuvok500

Tanner is schedule to fight Okami.

anyways, i hope they will find a good replacement, i want to see how Nate will recover from is last fight with Silva.

theres a difference between scheduled and rumored, and so far all i heard was a rumor a week and a half or 2 weeks ago with nothing since so i think its fair to speculate(or hope). hes training in salt lake city with josh burkman right now so he should be in shape and ready to go if the okami fight never ends up panning out.
Ordep
1/8/08 1:33:00PM
Maia
tuvok500
1/8/08 2:11:33PM

Posted by Ordep

Maia

JBatch
1/8/08 2:53:57PM
I say Chris Leben is the best choice to sub in.
Vendetta
1/8/08 3:34:03PM
Damn, that's a shame. That would've been a real good fight.

I see Marquardt destroying Maia, if Lister couldn't get him to the ground and submit him, Maia won't be able to.

Leben would be good but he's supposedly on his way down to 170.

We'll see what happens, I suppose.
StevieC
1/8/08 4:55:42PM

Posted by cowcatcher

link

can you say evan tanner???

Can you say already fighting Okami?

Just kidding bro!

Ya who knows, I would like to see someone of worth. Maybe McDonald or put Bisping agaisnt him instead of McCarthy, gosh Bisping vs McCarthy is such a stupid fight....
Boo_Radley21
1/8/08 5:02:17PM
It's too bad Tanner is fighting. I would rather see him fight Marquardt than Okami.
Vendetta
1/8/08 5:03:44PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

It's too bad Tanner is fighting. I would rather see him fight Marquardt than Okami.

Agreed.
Pitbull09
1/8/08 5:04:44PM
Hard to choose. I would think its going to be Lutter since Franklin is hurt too. I wouldnt mind Leben or Miai came in
DevonFoxy
1/8/08 5:21:35PM
Lutter would be a good match I think and would be a suitable replacement a better one would be Kampmann but i think he is still injured which is sad.

On another note if Leben is moving to WW??
Why would he do such a thing that would be career suicide if i ever saw it. I think he would do very badly there.
loller90278
1/8/08 5:51:00PM
note: this isnt the first time leites ducks marquardt, they were supposed to fight at Shamrock Vs Ortiz 3 also
juanez13
1/8/08 6:02:37PM
yea i think travis lutter should take this fight, since rich got injured and is out for wuite a while, seems like a good replacement match up, i think it would be a good fight, but its probably going to be marquardt laying on lutter for 3 rounds, since i doubt that lutter would sub nate, and i dont think nate will be able to finish this fight...