Kos Expected To Return To UFC, Wants Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kos Expected To Return To UFC, Wants Title Shot
DCRage
3/8/08 7:27:37AM
Now-free agent UFC fighter Josh Koscheck, coming off a win over Dustin Hazelett at UFC 82, recently said that he expects to re-sign with the promotion and also wants a title shot. Kos also took the chance to take a couple shots at rival Diego Sanchez.

Article
juanez13
3/8/08 8:14:21AM
here is the way i see it, If fitch gets the first shot, thna Kos fights the winner of alves/karo, but if Somehow karo gets the first title shot, than Ko's will have to fight someone like Marcus davis, since i doubt Fitch will fight Kos
silverbullet
3/8/08 8:16:55AM
DIdn't he just have a title shot?!
NatedawgThaM
3/8/08 8:24:53AM
The title is misleading!!

Yeah he wants one, but he said he wants to earn. Just thought I'd calm done the Kos haters first

Fitch or Karo are the only people who deserve the next title shot. I don't think anybody is close since they either have not faced top caliber opponents like Davis or are coming off losses like Diego and Kos but just redeemed themselves recently.

Kos could definitely be a top contender soon if he keeps winning and keeps getting better on the feet but IMHO I just can't see him winning the title. He'll either lose to Diego on the way there or GSP will beat him again or Fitch will be holding that title for a long time and when he does decide to fight him, he loses. Good to see he's improving though. I just think Diego vs Kos makes so much sense right now and think it will be a war since Diego won't be sick and energy drained from staph!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!!
juanez13
3/8/08 8:29:17AM

Posted by silverbullet

DIdn't he just have a title shot?!

No, He didn't. he had a fight against St pierre, but wasnt for the title.
Playground_Samurai
3/8/08 8:50:55AM
I think the loss to Rush has made Kos a lot more likeable. I mean, he's not going to make my top ten favorite fighters list anytime soon, but I think the L humbled him. Up until that point, he always came off as extremely egotistical and disrespectful to his opponents and fans. He was always talking a big game and his wins were less than impressive. There's a thin line between being confident and being cocky, and IMO, Josh was on the wrong side.

However, after the loss he made no excuses. He was graceful in defeat and IMO has changed since then. He came off that loss and went into the Hazelett fight confident instead of cocky. Never for a minute under-estimated Dustin. And for a guy that people had been dubbing "blanket", he put on a hell of a show. Then even after the impressive victory, he remained humble and complimented both Dustin and the fans. He bounced back from the loss like a champion.

Now I like what he's saying in this interview. He's not making outrageous claims such as he should be getting an immediate title shot. He accepts the fact that he may have to fight a couple of his training partners sometime in the future. Now I just hope this sticks and he doesn't go back to being the arrogent ass that I personally thought he came off as. This way I can actually bear seeing him on the main card in the future.

Just my .02 cents.
Vietnamese_Guy
3/8/08 9:54:35AM
so he wants a title shot after beating a guy he was suppose to beat? I propose he face Sanchez again to find out if he's fighting to win or fighting not to lose
whardin19
3/8/08 10:26:59AM
Good interview from Koscheck. Although I dislike the guy alot most of the stuff he said made sense. I really do think he's in Diego's head. Diego wants this rematch right? Well Diego win another fight against a quality opponent then they might give you Koscheck again. I think the logical next opponent for Koscheck is the winner of the Mike Swick vs. Marcus Davis fight. I know alot of you are going to say he's not going to fight Swick if Swick wins that fight. Well I'm here to say Swick doesn't win that fight. I also think Marcus would whip Koscheck. Koscheck had his chance to work his way up to the title and lost it when losing to GSP. But a few more wins like the one over Hazlett and he'll be right back up there.
Twenty20Dollars
3/8/08 11:08:34AM
if he keeps winning then maybe. just depends who has the title and who he beats.
emfleek
3/8/08 11:10:00AM
I can't stand Kos, but I REEEEEALLY enjoyed watching his fight with Hazelett. He ranks right up with Tito for me now...a complete douche but fun to watch.
Mayhem13
3/8/08 11:31:40AM
I am one of the few Kos fans out there i think, and I think he can hang in there with just about any of the WW contenders....but GSP is just on another level....like Anderson is with the MWs
silverbullet
3/8/08 11:39:02AM

Posted by Mayhem13

I am one of the few Kos fans out there i think, and I think he can hang in there with just about any of the WW contenders....but GSP is just on another level....like Anderson is with the MWs

Kos showed that he can hang with GSP. He was clearly outmatched, but GSP didn't really come close to finishing him.
Mayhem13
3/8/08 11:49:49AM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Mayhem13

Kos showed that he can hang with GSP. He was clearly outmatched, but GSP didn't really come close to finishing him.

yeah Kos impressed me in that fight at his ability to keep up, and fight....but he was dominated pretty much start to finish....but didnt really get in danger much atleast..
KingCreep
3/8/08 12:02:32PM
i think he was impressive over hazelett but big deal, hazelett was a big underdog. i think if he fights diego in the three fights he thinks he has on his way to a title shot and i'd also like to see him and cummo, fioravanti or karo before he gets to fight someone like hughes, fitch or serra. did everyone forget his loss to fickett? to me squeezing out a victory over a sick man, losing to the top WW and knocking out an underdog isn't impressive enough to say he's that close to contention.
Mayhem13
3/8/08 12:18:18PM
well the Fickett fight doesnt really prove too much... he was winning up until the very end when he got caught..it happens.

thats like saying

did anyone forgot the Serra fight (refering to GSP)
or
did anyone forgot the Chonan fight? (refering to Silva)

shit happens, especially in MMA (ask big Tim)
silverbullet
3/8/08 12:34:02PM

Posted by KingCreep

i think he was impressive over hazelett but big deal, hazelett was a big underdog. i think if he fights diego in the three fights he thinks he has on his way to a title shot and i'd also like to see him and cummo, fioravanti or karo before he gets to fight someone like hughes, fitch or serra. did everyone forget his loss to fickett? to me squeezing out a victory over a sick man, losing to the top WW and knocking out an underdog isn't impressive enough to say he's that close to contention.

I agree
bullettdodger
3/8/08 1:07:37PM
Who doesn't want a title shot? That would be a refreshing change of pace, someone actually not making a huge deal out of who they've beat and who they're going to beat once they get the title shot... whatever, it'll happen when it does and not a moment before KOS, keep pluggin away!
xxdeadpoolxx
3/8/08 5:35:31PM
Kos will never hold a belt in the ufc and he is the most annoying unlikable athlete I've ever had the displeasure to watch. I almost puked when they showed his crap a$$ fight at the last ppv and not Arlovskis.
MALICE
3/8/08 8:31:49PM
After the GSP/Serra fight this is what I think should happen.

Fitch / Karo > Winner faces the winner from GSP / Serra for the title

Diego / Kos 2 > Winner faces the loser of Fitch / Karo for the next title fight.

quezocrema0032
3/8/08 10:50:19PM
idk y everyone wants 2 see diego kos 2 so bad its gona be the exact same out come diego cant beat people he cant out wrestle and even if he does out stirke kos kos will grab him elavate him and slam him on his neck ... diego wont ever beat kos and say what u want about his staph but hes not gona win even if hes a 100 percent vs a 70 percent kos ... and kos will 1 day fight for a title in the ufc and if him and st pierre fight again hes gona know that st pierre doesnt wanna stand wit him and is gona try 2 put him on his back so he has 2 be 1st on the take downs and maybe then he can win
bls1919
3/9/08 9:39:36AM
I am a self admitted KOS nuthugger. But he and I are alumnis. I got to see him wrestle in his junior, senior years of college. Pretty cool that a homtown guy is doing so well. It seems now that he has his head on his shoulders. I could see why people hated on him. but i think he has turned it around