Kimbo TAnk?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kimbo TAnk?
loonytnt
1/8/08 1:14:22PM
this may have been posted but i just found this and it make it seem they are fightin feb 16link
Twenty20Dollars
1/9/08 12:10:25AM
its gonna be crazy
TreacheryAfoot
1/9/08 1:24:07AM
Tank is far too old and washed up for a hungry Kimbo. Kimbo wants to make it into a bigger scene and fight the who's who. I see Tank gassing like usual in the first couple minutes and Kimbo knocking him out. I doubt Kimbo well try to take it down like with Mercer.
CornishMMA
1/9/08 5:55:08AM
It will be crazy for about 30-60 secs, if that!

Will be a sad way for Tank to be retired but i cant see him fighting again after this loss, its like the passing of the street fighter crown
Boo_Radley21
1/9/08 8:56:18AM
Haha I'm believing in Tank. All he needs is one big punch and Kimbo will go down. Then Tank will go to a bar and get into another fight.

Seriously though, the fight is ending quick by knockout.
silverbullet
1/9/08 10:07:52AM
Kimbo will destroy any reputation or regard that this sport has accumulated over the past seventeen years. I hope that Tank wins this by KO, and the Youtube gangbanger will finally go away.
Trench777
1/9/08 12:39:49PM

Posted by silverbullet

Kimbo will destroy any reputation or regard that this sport has accumulated over the past seventeen years. I hope that Tank wins this by KO, and the Youtube gangbanger will finally go away.

With ya about 90% on that. Unfort, Tank is the perfect soupcan for them to put in front of Kimbo. He's got "name", he's got the perfect lack of skills & is over the hill enough to stand almost no chance of beating Kimbo at this point.

I'm going to hate to see Kimbo gain credibility, but I expect him to win decisively. He's been working his ground game...and lets face it, it wont take much to beat Tank "I never met a beer I didn't like" Abbot.

Sadly, Kimbo (as much as purists hate him) will be a gate draw at any show he's at. He's like a circus act and sensationalism sells. While he definately detracts from MMA "reputation or regard"...he does bring interest from people who might otherwise not go to a show or watch a fight.

On that note; I'd love to see Tank KO him & see the Youtube gangbanger go away.

T777
TimW001
1/9/08 12:50:12PM
Oh boy this makes MMA look bad.

Whatever, entertainment is entertainment.
moob
1/9/08 1:14:47PM

Posted by Trench777

Posted by silverbullet

With ya about 90% on that. Unfort, Tank is the perfect soupcan for them to put in front of Kimbo. He's got "name", he's got the perfect lack of skills & is over the hill enough to stand almost no chance of beating Kimbo at this point.

I'm going to hate to see Kimbo gain credibility, but I expect him to win decisively. He's been working his ground game...and lets face it, it wont take much to beat Tank "I never met a beer I didn't like" Abbot.

Sadly, Kimbo (as much as purists hate him) will be a gate draw at any show he's at. He's like a circus act and sensationalism sells. While he definately detracts from MMA "reputation or regard"...he does bring interest from people who might otherwise not go to a show or watch a fight.

On that note; I'd love to see Tank KO him & see the Youtube gangbanger go away.

T777

Excellent post.
bls1919
1/9/08 10:14:27PM
I want to see this fight, Tank has about 2-3 mins of fight in him. If he can catch ferguson in the early going, thats the only chance he has. As to Kimbo being a "gangbanger" i dont think his street fighting shouild be held against him. All of these fights were legal consentual fights. Look at Chuck, john Lewis, tank. All of these guys started this way. you just never heard of it because it was before MMA was huge and before youtube. So what Kimbo found a way to make some "bread" using the internet. I think hes gonna whip tanks ass tko by punches 1st rd.
Bemin
1/10/08 1:06:14AM
Welcome to the American version of the Japanese "Freakshow" fight. Here's how I see this going down, if it lasts more than a minute its easily Kimbo's fight, Tank has no tank, and Kimbo will, I think get him to the ground and submit him ala training with Bas for the last year or so. My Cavet here is that Tank's hands are probably the heaviest in the MMA world for about 1 minute of each fight, and if he tags our bread seeking bearded internet star, its lights out sweet prince.
78Circus
1/10/08 3:10:41PM
Tank will always have a punches chance for the first couple of minutes, but Kimbo should be able to run over him. He should be able to overwhelm him.
allrampage
1/11/08 1:36:57AM