Kimbo Slice signed to EliteXC. Thoughts on who he will fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice signed to EliteXC. Thoughts on who he will fight?
Xkwizit720
10/11/07 7:54:17PM
Kimbo Slice signed to EliteXC. Thoughts on who he will fight? Looking on EliteXC's website I don't see many heavywieghts maybe Ricco Rodriguez, Antonio Silva, or "Cabbage". But none of those guys really pose a threat if you ask me.
hathcock32
10/11/07 8:04:01PM
Ricco poses a threat if he can get in shape. Cabbage is basically the same fighter as KIMbo IMO.
jgordon85
10/11/07 9:12:24PM
i would like to see him fight cabbage. i love to see that dude take a beaten.
The_Grim_Reaper
10/11/07 9:53:34PM

Posted by Xkwizit720

Kimbo Slice signed to EliteXC. Thoughts on who he will fight? Looking on EliteXC's website I don't see many heavywieghts maybe Ricco Rodriguez, Antonio Silva, or "Cabbage". But none of those guys really pose a threat if you ask me.

WOW HONESTLY??????????? Antonio Silva not a threat!!?!??!? his hands move like a lightweight......he has speed, strength, skill, and b4 a what i beileve to be premature stoppage at the hands of Eric Pele, people were saying he could be the man that might beat Fedor, beside his one lose he has 8 wins and each one a 1st round ko / tko not a threat????? think about it and then retract your statement........
loonytnt
10/12/07 12:53:23AM
maybe EliteXC will sign sean gannon so they can fight again
Stickan
10/12/07 7:42:52AM
Both Ricco and Antonio Silva would pose a great threat to Kimbo. Your watching-fights-on-youtube quota is exceeded.
jomatty
10/12/07 9:03:54AM
im glad everyone else aleady had a field day with the idea that ricco would not be threat to kimbo. kimbo may be working hard on his ground game but that doesnt mean ricco wont choke him or rip something off.

kimbo is an underdog against 2 of the 3 people mentioned imo...
fedorwins1
10/12/07 9:25:40AM
Antonio Silva is a huge threat to Kimbo, he beats him on the ground and has way faster hands.
cowcatcher
10/12/07 10:00:10AM
i wouldnt be surprised to see him and puder go at it. IMO silva would destroy him, and cabbage isnt the same fighter anymore(the extra padding in his head seems to be worn down due to too many blows to it) so he might get beaten by kimbo, and ricco in any kind of shape should sub kimbo rather easily unless he were to get caught.
pv3Hpv3p
10/12/07 10:42:18AM
Junior Silva is a threat to almost anyone at HW out there...

Ricco's ground game is eons beyond Kimbo's even understanding of jj...

Cabbage would probably get wooped on if he decided to stand with him, well now that I think about it, he'd probably get wooped on if he tried to take it to the ground...
thepunisher
10/12/07 11:38:54AM
I am not sure the NSAC or CSAC is going to let him fight someone like Ricco or Silva. He does only have1 pro mma fight
Mastodon2
10/12/07 12:26:10PM
SIlva and Ricco could both destroy Kimbo I'm sure. Ricco experience in grappling is measured in years, Kimbo's in months. Ricco is far too good on the ground for Kimbo at the moment, as long as he is in decent shape and doesn't gas out going for the takedown.

Silva is just too good at everything for Kimbo at this point in time. Those guys, Silva in particular are out of Kimbo's league at the moment. I'm not saying EliteXC should be feeding him cans just so he can KO some people and make some highlight reel footage, but he shouldn't be fighting opponents too far up the ladder just yet. I don't see him being the top dog in EliteXC as long as those two lads are around. Maybe if we are lucky Tank will sign up and the fight will finally happen!
Scott_Revels
10/13/07 6:38:49PM
Out of Ricco, Silva, and Cabbage, Cabbage is the weakest and least threatening. This means if your trying to give your new guy a win against a named fighter, you'd put him in against Cabbage.