Kharitonov's debut likely against Antonio Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kharitonov's debut likely against Antonio Silva
jae_1833
7/4/10 3:17:08AM
link
Newly signed Strikeforce heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov could make his debut for the organization as early as August against American Top Team heavyweight Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva.

The news of Kharitonov's first Strikeforce appearance comes from CEO Scott Coker, who says they've already talked about that fight, and it could happen on the promotion’s Aug. 21 card slated for Houston.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 2:04:27PM
Kharitonov was somewhat beastly back in Pride but with the long layoff he has had and how decent Bigfoot's looked I'd being leaning on Bigfoot to pull this one off.
jimmypockets
7/4/10 10:42:12PM
Yeah I was a fan of Kharitonov in Pride but he hasn't fought to that potential in a long time. Silva, on the other hand, looked better than ever his last fight. Bigfoot should destroy Sergei quickly.

If I was putting together a death squad, I would definately pick Kharitonov over Silva.
Shawn91111
7/5/10 12:12:06AM
Sergei needs to rededicate himself. He looked horrible vs Monson, looked fat and out of shape. Not the Sergei from 05'