Kenny Florian Plagiarizes For UFC Article; Fox Sports Calls It An "Oversight"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kenny Florian Plagiarizes For UFC Article; Fox Sports Calls It An "Oversight"
kopower
1/15/16 1:50:53PM
Fox Sports is, as a whole, garbage, so it’s hardly surprising to learn that the UFC partner’s preview of this weekend’s Fight Night bout between TJ Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz contained material stolen word-for-word from another fight writer.

Kenny Florian, the plagiarist in question, is both an on-air analyst and, of course, a former UFC fighter himself; readers might expect him to bring unique insight. But several readers of his Fox Sports preview, posted on Monday, realized they’d seen his words before—specifically, in a December YouTube video analyzing the technique of 1940's boxing champ Willie Pep produced by British writer Lee Wylie. Link
GDPofMPG
1/15/16 2:09:13PM
Can't be lazy like that Kenny. It's one thing to lift past notions and ideas for similar descriptors, it's another to copy paste from a contemporary in this age of communication excess. All in all though not the hugest of deals though, pretty simple usage. This story at least gives exposure to the true source of the materiel, small blessing in disguise.
scoozna
1/15/16 4:47:49PM
Aye....not good. I thought he was smarter than that. I enjoy his commentary. I hope he doesn't get the axe, but plagiarism has to stop.

And shame on FS for calling it an "oversight".
Poor_Franklin
1/16/16 12:14:36AM
i think its a pretty big deal. this is unacceptable no matter who does it
prozacnation1978
1/16/16 7:53:42PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i think its a pretty big deal. this is unacceptable no matter who does it

Agree
kopower
1/16/16 11:43:09PM
Florian now suspended by Fox.