Karo Parisyan: No Lombard, No Problem

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Karo Parisyan: No Lombard, No Problem
DCRage
10/16/07 6:21:24AM
UFC Welterweight Karo Parisyan, who was set to face Hector Lombard at UFC 78 before visa issues caused Lombard to pull out, doesn't seem to mind Ryo Chonan stepping in to replace Lombard. In fact, Karo might be looking more forward to it now.

Article

Definitely a bigger fight now based on just name recognition and also because Chonan is another top PRIDE fighter coming over to UFC.
jgtribbett
10/16/07 7:08:56AM

Posted by DCRage

UFC Welterweight Karo Parisyan, who was set to face Hector Lombard at UFC 78 before visa issues caused Lombard to pull out, doesn't seem to mind Ryo Chonan stepping in to replace Lombard. In fact, Karo might be looking more forward to it now.

Article

Definitely a bigger fight now based on just name recognition and also because Chonan is another top PRIDE fighter coming over to UFC.

i dont see chonan as that big of a deal to be honest... oh well.. wooooooo!! pride vs UFC ... again.. woooo!!!!
FantasyFighter
10/16/07 11:02:46AM
Im pumped about this fight. Chonan has good stand up and is a very game opponent & Karo always fights at a high level. Should be an exciting fight. Plus, Ryo Chonan should be pretty big at 170. Cant wait!!! Go Chonan!!!
Branwest
10/16/07 11:31:38AM
Karo isn't afraid to stand with anybody. This should be a good fight, and I always look forward to the judo throws from Karo. He always has at least one in each fight, sometimes a few. I think Karo comes out on top. He's a brawler.
bezun
10/16/07 1:28:03PM
I can not wait for this. It's good to see karo up against a big name. Did anyone see that sick scissor to heel hook he put on anderson silva? This should be a great fight.
loller90278
10/16/07 2:43:30PM
chonan was never a "top" contender from pride