Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek slated for UFC 219

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek slated for UFC 219
Braden
10/20/17 5:02:31PM
A welterweight fight featuring two rising stars is close to being added to UFC 219.

Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek is slated for the Dec. 30 card, MMA Fighting has confirmed. The fight was first reported by Farah Hannoun.

Link
Braden
10/20/17 5:07:13PM
The latest UFC 219 card now includes:

Dominick Cruz vs Jimmie Rivera
Cynthia Calvillo vs Carla Esparza
Matheus Nicolau vs Louis Smolka
Carlos Condit vs Neil Magny
Khalil Rountree vs Gokhan Saki
Rick Glenn vs Myles Jury
Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek
Leonstolzz
10/20/17 5:23:55PM
Out of all the fighters they could have given Usman, they give him Emil Meek.......
teejay68
10/20/17 7:07:26PM
Thats a far cry from a top 5 fighter he wanted
aussiemma
10/20/17 7:39:52PM
Usman really does deserve a name at this point, he's clearly a championship level fighter
Wallass
10/20/17 11:44:19PM
I agree with aussie he really has done enough to warrant the very least a top fifteen opponent. Whats Dong Hyun Kim up to?
Leonstolzz
10/21/17 12:03:33AM

Posted by Wallass

I agree with aussie he really has done enough to warrant the very least a top fifteen opponent. Whats Dong Hyun Kim up to?

Or what about a Leon Edwards? Or Gunnar Nelson? Or what about someone with at least a name like Zak Cummings or Danny Roberts or Bryan Barberena? Emil has had 1 UFC fight and it was against Jordan Mein! I just don't get why this fight was made!
aussiemma
10/21/17 12:16:15AM

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by Wallass

Or what about a Leon Edwards? Or Gunnar Nelson? Or what about someone with at least a name like Zak Cummings or Danny Roberts or Bryan Barberena? Emil has had 1 UFC fight and it was against Jordan Mein! I just don't get why this fight was made!

Mairbek Taisumov is treated the same as Usman, probably even worse because he has more of a winning streak and like 6 knockout wins in a row
Braden
10/21/17 3:03:12AM
With everyone in the top 10 booked, I was thinking Gunnar was the fight to make for Usman. It's too bad they went this route instead.