Josh Barnett Unlicensed in Texas, Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum Only 10 Days Out

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Barnett Unlicensed in Texas, Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum Only 10 Days Out
FastKnockout
6/8/11 4:20:18PM
Bloody Elbow has confirmed Strikeforce heavyweight Josh Barnett, who is scheduled to fight on the Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum card in Dallas on June 18, has not yet been licensed to fight in Texas. Barnett is booked to face Brett Rogers in the second installment of the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix.

Yesterday, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker assured the media that Barnett would be licensed in time for the fight. According to Susan Stanford, Public Information Officer for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, Barnett has until 72 hours before fight time to complete his application, but has not yet done so.

Earlier today Stanford told Bloody Elbow that "Mr Barnett's application is incomplete."

She declined to state what additional materials Barnett needs to submit to complete the application, but she did confirm that he has submitted some materials to begin the application process.

LINK
Poor_Franklin
6/8/11 4:57:05PM
I'm going to be royally pissed if he doesn't get licensed & can't fight.

Would they put Valentin or someone like that in if he can't fight? or just let Rogers move on to next round?
DosBox
6/8/11 5:05:55PM
Josh Barnett was interviewed earlier today on Sherdog and he basically nixed any concerns about having an "incomplete application". And that the Bloody Elbow article didnt take in account that 9 other people are in the same boat as Barnett as having "incomplete applications" even though there was time left.

Barnett assured that he has everything filled out however.

Im thinking everything goes as planned and gets processed and Barnett gets to fight. Barnett was pretty adimant about dispelling those rumors, so I have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Svartorm
6/8/11 5:08:43PM
He was pretty adamant about not failing three drug tests as well. His word isn't worth much these days.
mrsmiley
6/8/11 7:45:47PM
This is pretty interesting from both sides.
I can fully believe that their just fishing and nitpicking to get a story to frown down on Barnett. On the other hand, josh doesn't have the best track record when it comes to contraversy.
jae_1833
6/8/11 11:37:17PM
Wtih how much people yell that Sonnen should be banned I am shocked that a three-peat violator isn't getting some hate tonight.
Lesnar1
6/9/11 9:02:36AM
WTF is with Barnett he better get liscenced soon or he won't have a job.