Josh Barnett Licensed to Fight on June 18th in Texas

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Barnett Licensed to Fight on June 18th in Texas
Budgellism
6/14/11 5:40:59PM
Josh Barnett has been granted a license to fight in the state of Texas. Barnett, who has faced licensing issues in the past with the California State Athletic Commission, was officially cleared today to compete on the Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum card on June 18th, where he will face Brett Rogers in the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix.

LINK
Jekyll
6/14/11 5:50:05PM
its funny how it is a big deal for him to get his license but they say nothing about the other 8 who do or did not have their papers when this first came up...

got to love yellow journalism.
Chael_Sonnen
6/14/11 8:39:08PM
Can't stand Josh.....I see him winning this weekend only to get destroyed in the next round of the tourney.
DeadHead988
6/14/11 9:26:05PM
They'll give Barnett a license despite testing positive four times, yet Sonnen still gets shut down.
Jekyll
6/14/11 9:36:17PM

Posted by DeadHead988

They'll give Barnett a license despite testing positive four times, yet Sonnen still gets shut down.

Barnett did not tell one AC that another said it was ok to cheat
Twenty20Dollars
6/14/11 11:17:30PM
I thought for sure he wasn't going to be able to fight. Wouldn't be the worse thing.

Could have seen Griggs vs Rogers.
Jekyll
6/14/11 11:20:08PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I thought for sure he wasn't going to be able to fight. Wouldn't be the worse thing.

Could have seen Griggs vs Rogers.

like i said before it was a big deal for him to not his papers, but the other 8 fighters in the same spot got no press... It was a BS headline.