Jose Aldo vs. Jeremy Stephens targeted for UFC event in Canada

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jose Aldo vs. Jeremy Stephens targeted for UFC event in Canada
Braden
4/11/18 1:32:57PM
A pivotal fight at 145-pounds between Jose Aldo and Jeremy Stephens is being targeted for a UFC event in Canada on July 28th.

According to a report by Combate, a fight between Jose Aldo and Jeremy Stephens will co-headline a UFC event in Canada on July 28th, though a city has not yet been set. Both fighters have verbally agreed to the fight, but the contracts are yet to be signed.

Link
Braden
4/11/18 1:55:00PM

It is believed that this event will be UFC on FOX 30 and take place in the city of Calgary, Alberta (known for the disastrous UFC 149 event) on July 28th. According to the report, Aldo and Stephens will co-headline the event.

Weren't they just in Edmonton, Alberta last year?? So I guess Victoria won't be getting it... One of Canada's only capitals outside the Atlantic Provinces that hasn't gotten an event yet. The other is Regina, SK. I can understand them not going to Regina, the place is a dump with a shitty arena and they already went to Saskatoon, which is the only place in Saskatchewan worth going to for holding an event. I would have expected them to visit Victoria before some of the other capitals they've visited... I guess we'll keep on waiting.

I still might go to Calgary, one of my best friends lives there.... but my other good friend lives in Orange County and he might want me to go down for UFC 227 which is the week after. I might have to wait and see which card is more appealing since I doubt I'll be able to attend both.