Jose Aldo Expects to Defend Title Against Kenny Florian in October

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jose Aldo Expects to Defend Title Against Kenny Florian in October
Budgellism
6/15/11 9:18:25PM
The last few weeks have seen a lot of strange stuff coming from the UFC featherweight division. After featherweight champion Jose Aldo defeated Mark Hominick at UFC 129, Dana White made it clear that Aldo's next defense would "likely" be against Chad Mendes at UFC 133 on August 6th. No contract was ever signed, and Aldo (through Ed Soares) ended up turning down that fight for a few different reasons. Mendes decided to stay on the card, and will fight Rani Yayha. And it seems he's lost his title shot as a result of all this.

LINK
prozacnation1978
6/15/11 11:36:20PM
Probably in houston my guess
If so I think edgar vs maynard will happen in denver in sept
hashyandy4
6/16/11 1:41:56AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Probably in houston my guess
If so I think edgar vs maynard will happen in denver in sept

Im thinkin the same thing, i dont see kenflo winning this fight
Theoutlaw08
6/16/11 10:25:30AM
I can see Florian pulling out a W. Hes a well rounded fighter just like Aldo. I think its a toss up.
emfleek
6/16/11 10:35:48AM
As much as I like Kenny...I just think he's always going to be the bridesmaid and never the bride.
prozacnation1978
6/16/11 11:07:48AM
i clearly see two double titles within sept to oct

you got feather and light weight that need to happen asap

unless ufc adds a double title to vegas card which i doubt
i think the gsp vs diaz alone will sell in vegas

after seeing kenny get rocked by nunes curious to see what aldo will do

Budgellism
6/16/11 11:46:39AM

Posted by emfleek

As much as I like Kenny...I just think he's always going to be the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Gotta agree with you there Fleek.
BustedKnuckle
6/16/11 6:23:08PM
Man I like The fight but I think Medes got a RAW DOG here. i mean he went from a title fight with Aldo to fighting Rani Yahya.
Not that Roni isnt a good fighter but its a big step backward for Money! I think Aldo was a bit timid of Mendes' wrestling. Just my opinion. Also unless injured a Champion should not be allowed to turn down a fight.
Adrenaline
6/16/11 7:22:41PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by emfleek

Gotta agree with you there Fleek.

I'll 3rd that. Kenny is a great fighter but this is Aldo's division at the moment.