IF your Joe Silva...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » IF your Joe Silva...
Sinister
9/20/09 2:48:49PM
And your looking at the MW divison. It seems like a mess right now.

Anderson wants to fight at HW
Henderson wants a title shot immediately or to fight at LHW
Marquardt wants a shot or Henderson
Vitor just destroyed former champ and possibly #3 MW, Rich Franlin

How do you arrange everything to work for the division?

I say let Anderson drop his title and explore whatever fight at LHW or HW

From there you can have any combo of Henderson/ Vitor/ Marquardt for the vacant title. I think it would possibly be better to let Henderson move back up so Vitor and Marquardt can fight.
Henderson and Silva could still eventually fight too but it would prob end up being at LHW. Also, I think it would be better for Henderson to go to LHW for more exciting fights and the fact that if he went to MW, even if he got the belt, he wouldnt feel like he accomplished it as he lost to SIlva.

Your thoughts
Sinister
9/20/09 2:51:01PM
Also, you could have Silva/ Henderson/ Vitor/ Marquardt in a steel cage ladder match with Dana White as special referee
jae_1833
9/20/09 3:09:11PM
I think A. Silva should give the belt up completely and just go on a LHW run, barring retirement or fighting Machida which he says he won't do. Let Hendo and Nate duke it out for the new MW title, then have Belfort and Okami go at it for the #1 contendar spot. The rest of the div will just fall into place nicely after that.

Edit: I believe I remember Hendo said that if it's not for the title then he's not interested in fighting at MW, I don't remember him saying that it was a fight against Silva that he was after....but I have been wrong in the past.
gartface
9/20/09 5:31:06PM
Anderson vs. Hendo part 2. Then Marquardt vs. Vitor for the next shot. That's pretty simple in my opinion.
sclasclemski
9/20/09 9:23:57PM

Posted by gartface

Anderson vs. Hendo part 2. Then Marquardt vs. Vitor for the next shot. That's pretty simple in my opinion.

thats really not that terrible of a scenario but unfortunately I don't think thats how its gonna go down.
GSPVSSILVA
9/20/09 9:34:40PM

I think A. Silva should give the belt up completely and just go on a LHW run
gartface
9/20/09 9:44:56PM

Posted by sclasclemski

Posted by gartface

thats really not that terrible of a scenario but unfortunately I don't think thats how its gonna go down.

Because Vitor won't be able to make 185?
Boo_Radley21
9/20/09 10:42:04PM
I like how Dana sees it. Give Vitor his shot. Henderson and Marquardt both already lost to Silva, Vitor is definitely on a good run, he just TKOd the former champ in the first round, give him the shot.
Sinister
9/20/09 11:30:49PM

Posted by GSPVSSILVA

I think A. Silva should give the belt up completely and just go on a LHW run

Did you just quote yourself
DJBlankenship
9/21/09 9:11:34AM
I say let Silva fight at HW. Hell give him a shot at Brock right off the bat.

Then let Nate and Dan fight for the title and Belfort fight the winner.
jawbreaker517
9/21/09 9:44:44AM

Posted by jae_1833

I think A. Silva should give the belt up completely and just go on a LHW run, barring retirement or fighting Machida which he says he won't do. Let Hendo and Nate duke it out for the new MW title, then have Belfort and Okami go at it for the #1 contendar spot. The rest of the div will just fall into place nicely after that.

Edit: I believe I remember Hendo said that if it's not for the title then he's not interested in fighting at MW, I don't remember him saying that it was a fight against Silva that he was after....but I have been wrong in the past.

Theres no way anybody should just "give up the belt". Anderson has an obligation to that title and he needs to defend it. Even if that means retiring with it. It would just make his career in the UFC even more impressive anyway with nobody able to beat him at MW. I'm not saying that he shouldn't dabble in other weight classes. I think thats good to test his limits, which even means moving up to HW for a few fights. I think he would tear through some of the low-end HW.
jae_1833
9/21/09 2:08:17PM
Randy did....at least he tried. I don't think it's that big a deal to say that you are no longer challenged in a certain div/sport. A vacant title could really be what the MW Div needs, and the belt doesn't help cement A. Silva's legecy at all right now, in fact it almost hinders it as he has defeated all worthy opponents already and should move on to bigger/better opponents. Just my opinion though.
sclasclemski
9/23/09 4:34:18PM
I agree although...even though I don't think he would win..I would still like to see Vitor against Anderson...and then give up the belt...assuming he wins of course.
MMAcca
9/23/09 5:09:49PM
There is no way on earth that Anderson will give up the MW belt.
lll-lll
9/28/09 1:07:08AM
Me (Joe SIlva) to Anderson, "Sack up and fight Machida!"

Then I put Marquadt vs Vitor for the belt.

Then I would sit down with Dan Henderson and have a heart to heart with him and explain, despite popular belief, he does infact have a left hand.
BustedKnuckle
9/29/09 5:56:08PM
I think this whole argument hinges on weather or not Machida beats Shogun. I personaly think he will and that realy messes the MW picture up. But if not I see Silva/Shogun LHw title fight and Hendo and Vitor for the vacant MW belt.